Author Topic: Abington Store  (Read 1608 times)

DrhankPhD

• Email
Abington Store
« on: July 24, 2013, 07:33:24 PM »
Just had a fantastic experience at the new Abington store. It was the first time i had stopped in since the store moved down the road, and i was pretty excited to check things out. Unfortunately for me, i made the mistake of parking in the wrong spot.

See, what i wasn't aware of, was that Battleground has it's very own parking inspector. Apparently he patrols the lot, making sure people park in the right place, and boy, if you're in the wrong place, get ready to have YOUR FUCKING CAR GET SPIT ON. He must've been a pretty busy guy, because when i confronted him about it, he retreated to the back of the store. I'd also like to point out that he wasn't a kid, he wasn't a teenager, he was a full grown adult.

The employee on duty seemed apathetic to the whole situation.

I used to be a regular at the old abington store quite a few years back, and try to stop in every once in a while to support one of the few local game stores in the area. If this is the way that the regular community acts, i've got absolutely no interest in being a part of it. In all the times I've been to Battleground, I've never had such a shitty experience.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Re: Abington Store
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 08:13:05 PM »
Just had a fantastic experience at the new Abington store. It was the first time i had stopped in since the store moved down the road, and i was pretty excited to check things out. Unfortunately for me, i made the mistake of parking in the wrong spot.

See, what i wasn't aware of, was that Battleground has it's very own parking inspector. Apparently he patrols the lot, making sure people park in the right place, and boy, if you're in the wrong place, get ready to have YOUR FUCKING CAR GET SPIT ON. He must've been a pretty busy guy, because when i confronted him about it, he retreated to the back of the store. I'd also like to point out that he wasn't a kid, he wasn't a teenager, he was a full grown adult.

The employee on duty seemed apathetic to the whole situation.

I used to be a regular at the old abington store quite a few years back, and try to stop in every once in a while to support one of the few local game stores in the area. If this is the way that the regular community acts, i've got absolutely no interest in being a part of it. In all the times I've been to Battleground, I've never had such a shitty experience.

Sorry to hear that, but don't give up on BG just because of one asshole. I've never seen anything like that at Plainville or Abington.

Next time snap a picture and call the cops, it's a shame the employee on duty didn't man up and kick the punk kid out, don't need trash like that giving BG a bad name.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 06:26:34 PM »
I hope you've received a personal response to this by now. This is the biggest "WTF?" I've read in a long time.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 06:34:37 PM »
He got a PM and an email a couple hours after he posted it.  :)

We identified who did it and he has been spoken to.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 09:33:32 PM »
What the fuck?
Tiger's Den founding member

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2013, 09:39:33 PM »
The Abington store is not like that at all.  Sure, we have our cliques like anywhere else, but nobody this shitty, please don't let this ruin the store for you.

PS: The side space in front is the GossPerch, if you take that, I won't spit on your car
Tiger's Den founding member