Author Topic: Space Wolf Chooser of the Slain Wargear and other rule ?'s  (Read 6016 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Re: Space Wolf Chooser of the Slain Wargear and other rule ?'s
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2009, 10:14:36 PM »
Unless things have changed for the so-called GW rules helpline, they have no bearing what-so-ever on the rulings. You can e-mail them and I can e-mail, we will get 2 different answers unless we get the same person replying to us. GTs and the such do not abide by those rulings as well, basically if it doesn't come from a FAQ or Eratta(however it is spelled) it doesn't come from GW. And it works exactly as Paul stated, is the unit tring to INFILTRATE or OUTFLANK? If it is Infiltrate then roll that D6 to see if you can, if it is Outflanking then Roll that D6 to see where it pops out from and continue with the game. Thats my reading of it and until I see an update in a FAQ how I will be using it when I play my RunePriest since its 10pts for one extra attack in HtH as well(which is the real reason I allways purchase it for him :P)

Pretty much my feelings on this as well. Two different abilities.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #31 on: June 16, 2009, 08:19:39 PM »
Personaly I am not surprised with the way GW handles its rules. They plain dont care or seem to care. they make obserd rules and take a year and a half to update them and say "oops." Like most here have said the only true clearification will be directly from GW itself in some way shape or form. Sadly they simply pay a bunch of idiots to stand by phones and flip a coin to make calls on rules.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2009, 12:11:57 AM »
Well as the only remaining wolf player yet to weigh in i find myself agreeing with the stance that it only affects models trying to infiltrate.  We as spacewolves are already getting a pretty good deal with the 5point storm sheilds and the +1 attack with wolf pelt.  I see no reason to try and pull out extra interpretations from this peice of gear.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase