Author Topic: Lucky 13 Campaign Event Comming Soon.  (Read 3577 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Lucky 13 Campaign Event Comming Soon.
« on: May 24, 2009, 12:04:48 AM »
Just to get people's creative juices going I thought I'd post the rules for the story event. No deadline is yet made, or if we're doing it, but I was hoping and wanted to know about interest? Any takers? I've started thinking of something, if we go ahead with it. Chase and Derek I was hoping for your input too please.

****Taken From the GW website******
When we talk about activities, we mean the various things that go on in to preparing for the big, mega-battle events. These could be as simple as getting all the Imperial players together for a strategy meeting, or as involved as building a new table or painting a new battle formation. As each of the participating stores is a different size and has different staffing levels, the exact details of the what activities they will run will be different. Most of them will adhere to the ideas and schedule posted below. For more details on how you can help make these activities a success, contact your local participating store.

Note: As the campaign evolves, details of these activities might change and new ideas may be added. Keep checking with your store for fresh information.

Apocalypse Story Writing Competition
One strength of the Apocalypse format is the way the the rich background of the 40K universe can be brought to life on the table-top. Stories bring the game together, create great cinematic moments, and cause us all to look at our brave warriors as much more than plastic or metal toy soldiers. Truly great Apocalypse games are put together by fantastic story-tellers that keep the story (and the game) rolling along, building on the inter-play of action and reaction. Good story-telling can make a good game into a great one!

Each location that runs this activity will require you to write a story that sets the scene for a fantastic Apocalypse game between two or more opposing forces. You will be required to write between 750 and 1,500 words. Judging will take place at the local level with the winning stories sent on to us for national judging.

You can earn one stamp for entering the Story Writing Competition.

« Last Edit: May 24, 2009, 12:10:23 AM by Warpedfuzz »
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
1st Non Combat Lucky 13 Campaign Event
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2009, 02:36:09 PM »
 For those interested the above detailed event for story writting is now ready to go. So think of something cool to write about 40k realated, of course and write it down. You'll have alittle over a month to write something and than we'll have them judged.

DEALINE IS JULY 6th.

The more entries the better and the store winner will be sent to GW for national judging. All that take part in this will recieve a stamp for the Lucky 13 Campaign, good towrds the patch. All are welcomed and encouraged to enter. Good Luck and good writing.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
Re: Lucky 13 Campaign Event Comming Soon.
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2009, 07:19:35 PM »
is there a minimum and/or maxium number of words?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2009, 01:44:20 PM »

Each location that runs this activity will require you to write a story that sets the scene for a fantastic Apocalypse game between two or more opposing forces. You will be required to write between 750 and 1,500 words.

blantyr

• Epic Tier Level 21
  • Bob Butler, former Abington guy
    • Wicke's Web
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2009, 02:15:36 PM »
I'm working on a story/scenario.  We'll see what develops.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2009, 09:51:48 AM »
I'm working on a story/scenario.  We'll see what develops.

Cool! I'd love to see if some of BGs GMs got something going too. Who knows.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2009, 08:50:55 AM »
With the holiday thrown in there this weekend I've extended the deadline afew more days. Wednsday the 8th is when stories are due. I'll be there after 5:30pm. Judging will be done on a point system. Three areas: creativity, flow of story and grammar.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2009, 07:47:17 PM »
Judging will be done on a point system. Three areas: creativity, flow of story and grammar.

Grammar?? this is creative writing, and 40k for that matter... grammer lol.
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2009, 01:15:55 PM »
Judging will be done on a point system. Three areas: creativity, flow of story and grammar.

Grammar?? this is creative writing, and 40k for that matter... grammer lol.

I'll be lack when orks are involved.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
Ok I didn't get any takers on this when I posted the first try I thoughtI'd try again.

IS ANYONE interested in this?

There will be a stamp involved, or somthing simular which counts as the Lucky13 campaign. The stamp will go towards completing the Lucky 13 campaign and recieving the patch from GW when it's complete.

There are other events as well, is there any one that people would be interested in? Terrain building, painting, story telling, etc...?  Other events are listed at the following link.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?catId=&categoryId=4800004&section=community&pIndex=3&aId=3400041&start=4

Please let me know what event you would like to see happen, even if it's only afew people. Thanks.

~Doug

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2009, 10:44:53 PM »
i wouldn't mind makeing terrain or objectives

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 11:03:00 PM »
Okay,
        I'm up for building terrain, or vehicles, what do you want to do? I could even write a story, if I get another month :)

Sorry been a tad busy but can play ball now. How about next Friday we build some stuff :)

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2009, 09:03:57 PM »
Okie I'll try for a terrain building session.  What day would work best for folks? Or two days?

*side note*
Chase, or Derek ideas for terrian needed for the store?

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2009, 10:05:00 PM »
I think that more ice/snow stuff would look cool.

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #14 on: July 22, 2009, 04:37:27 PM »
Yes Brandan and I would like to build terrain or what ever fri. night or sat.
works for us.
Dave and Brandan