Author Topic: DaBoyz GT 2013  (Read 3163 times)

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
DaBoyz GT 2013
« on: August 26, 2013, 10:23:06 AM »
Hey Guys,

I'm the TO for the Team Tournament at DaBoyzGT this year. I wanted to pass this along if anyone's interested. If you've never been to a GT before and are interested in going to one, this is a great first event to go to. It's not that far from here and upstate New York's prices are a lot lower than ours.

Thanks,

Jeff

The PSA part :)

Announcing the 2013 DaBoyz GT!

We are back for the eighth year in a row! We have an exciting new venue this year, the Bristol Harbor Resort in Canandaigua, NY.   The majority of meals are included with your registration, and there is also a bar and restaurant on site!

DaBoyz has always held a belief in promoting Tournament Composition. Our group has reflected on this topic and we feel this continues to be part of the identity of the DaBoyz GT. We understand people have a lot of strong feelings about composition one-way or other.  If you’ve never played with composition or in one of our events, we suggest giving it a try, because you just might enjoy it. The composition for both event’s is on our website.

We are also having Team tournament for both 40k and Fantasy on Friday the 22nd. The format for both events is Doubles this year. We are also going to be having events for Flames of War and X-Wing on Friday as well.

Just as in past GTs, we will have great times and of course awesome trophies! Plus, our end of the event raffle is loaded with lots of prizes!

We have some exciting new vendors that have joined us this year, which we encourage people to check out.

As always if you have any questions please feel free to contact us at daboyzrocgt@gmail.com , our forums, or Facebook.
Here is the basic info:
DaBoyz GT November 22nd – 24th 2013.

DaBoyz GT is featuring a two-day, 120-player Warhammer 40,000 Grand Tournament and a two day 60-player Warhammer Fantasy Independent Tournament, both of which will be held on Saturday the 23rd and Sunday the 24thth.

Bring your best 40k, Warhammer Fantasy, game to compete at the DaBoyz independent Grand Tournament. You will find awesome terrain, prizes, and opponents!

Mark your calendars and start making your travel plans, because on November 22nd -24th, the DaBoyz GT will return to the Rochester, New York area.

So check out our website at:
 www.DaBoyzGT.com
 Or, like us on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Da-Boyz-Gt/106293642839491

"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: DaBoyz GT 2013
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2013, 05:08:14 PM »
Hans and I are already planning to do terrible things to people.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2013, 05:26:27 PM »
I was looking at heading to DaBoyz... but then i saw the rules. Those comp restrictions!!! ouch, they REALLY hurt some codexs more than others.

2013Army Restrictions
As it has been long known,DaBoyz has always held a belief in promoting Tournament comp.

Our group has reflected on this topic and we feel this continues to be part of the tournaments
identity. As such, we will be incorporating the following guidelines to the 2013GT:

1) All unit selections will be 0/2 with the exception of those from the TROOP category. If a
unit has the ability to be taken from both Troops AND another category (ie tervigons,
mega nobz, etc.)then the 0/2 restriction would apply regardless of what category these
units are selected from. Please note that if a unit selection merely “shifts” to the troop
category and may no longer be purchased outside of the troop category then the 0/2
restriction would not apply. Dedicated transports that could also be selected in another
category (ie Land Raiders, Battlewagons, etc) will also fall into the 0/2 restriction. All
other dedicated transports will be 0/4 regardless of which category they are selected
from.

2) Total number of flyers/flying monstrous creatures will be limited to 4.

3) Special or unique named characters may only be selected from either the primary or
allied codex but NOT Both.

I suppose they help with Wave Serpent/Necron Croissant/Flying MC circus a little. But mostly they look to just penalize codexs that already only have one good slot of choices (CSM fast attack, IG heavy, etc) and the four dedicated transport thing basically means you cant play Dark Eldar or ANY kind of drop pod army.

I predict Eldar/Tau combos all over the top slots
« Last Edit: August 26, 2013, 05:35:33 PM by PhoenixFire »

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2013, 07:12:36 PM »
Don't get me started on Da Boyz comp. I love the group and always have fun at the GT so I am going but it is a lazy comp system.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2013, 07:50:37 PM »
I am running the team event which is in the doubles format with no comp & forge world approved units are all 0 - 1

Regarding comp in the main event, my only suggestion would be to give it a try. I've gone every year and had a blast.

We realize its not for everyone, but if you want to try something different give it a try, you might enjoy yourself.

*I was not involved in the singles tournament, planning one event is enough for me :)
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2013, 08:47:24 PM »
Are there rules for the doubles yet?

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2013, 08:56:54 PM »
I am told they are essentially our rules, Bill.  Our rules borrow heavily from Adepticon.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2013, 09:08:14 PM »
They've been up for ages, since the new site went up :)

What Chase said shared force org, forge world units 0 - 1. Missions are still in the works there will be 3. They will be using the objectives Sam from Rivet Zone made up that are going to every team that enters.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
« Reply #8 on: October 23, 2013, 07:56:35 PM »
The team tournament is now sold out but were taking standby names.

The 40k singles is at about mid 90's right now there are only close to 20 or so tickets left. If you plan on attending now is a good time to get your ticket :)

Missions for the singles are posted on the site and the team missions have been submitted to be placed online and should be up soon
« Last Edit: October 23, 2013, 07:58:18 PM by jhobin »