Author Topic: Can Haz Updates?  (Read 4068 times)

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
Can Haz Updates?
« on: September 18, 2013, 04:02:49 PM »
Given that we have to arrange a large number of games, most of which will likely take an entire day, can we get the update sooner rather than later?  I know we have three weeks, but we're already halfway through one...
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

MM3791

• God
Re: Can Haz Updates?
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2013, 05:54:57 PM »
I sent Nick a pm asking the same. Still need maps to update

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2013, 02:18:52 PM »
Yep I would be nice to know what planet I'm landing on too.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2013, 10:01:03 PM »
I've messaged him myself, if I don't hear back from him by tomorrow I'll head in on saturday to see if I can get this ball rolling. Also if it looks like it'll take a lot of time we'll extend the window for the final game. At this point it can be a little flexible.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:52 PM »
So uh.... Week 2?  We just gonna throw in the towel on this one?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

MM3791

• God
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2013, 11:20:29 PM »
So uh.... Week 2?  We just gonna throw in the towel on this one?  Whiskey Tango Foxtrot?

Just curious.. what do you mean throw in the towel?

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2013, 12:27:14 AM »
Well, it would appear that the people running the campaign are no longer interested...  That's all I'm saying here.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2013, 01:40:20 AM »
Well, it would appear that the people running the campaign are no longer interested...  That's all I'm saying here.

Yea, a few people have had similar concerns. The rules of the campaign were great, unfortunately the management has been terrible. I don't mean to be harsh, but if I sugercoat it then it would set the bar low for future 40k campaigns. Poor communications, delays, errors, and more delays have damaged the execution of updates. Management has consistently had problems with week by week administration, it doesn't surprise me that now with no set timeline for the next step, the ball has been completely let go.

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2013, 02:51:00 AM »
Sounds like its up to the remaining players to organize the mega battle then...

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2013, 02:39:33 PM »
The ball really hasn't been completely let go. We had the turn 10 results, and we made it clear that we were allotting time for players to organize their Hammerblow games. Now if you're having trouble getting in contact with someone, let me know that and we can get in touch with them. I know I had a request a few days ago to put together a full listing of the players for each planet and point values, I haven't been able to get down to the store so Nick is doing that right now. After I get it, I'll translate it into points. Are we having a problem other than that? We've received several alliance sheets and heard games being set up already. I wasn't aware there was a further problem.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2013, 06:49:26 PM »
Sounds like its up to the remaining players to organize the mega battle then...

Finally, a word on scheduling. I'm aware that some of you have difficult schedules. We are not allotting three weeks (plus one weeks notice) for you to ask all players to meet you on a Thursday morning between 10 and 2. You officially have over a month to arrange a day to meet all relevant players on the planet for a game you should expect to be between 4 and 6 hours (possibly more depending on the points and players involved!). So act early and arrange time to meet at a reasonable date and time. If your game is repeatedly unable to be resolved because you are unable to be present for the game and did not make proper preparations, you will be discounted from The Hammer Blow. You have over a month, make time.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax