Author Topic: Forgeworld in 40k becoming legal?... (yes this discussion again)  (Read 1161 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
not really sure what to make of this

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2013/10/forgeworld-becomes-official-for.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+Faeit212+%28Faeit+212%29

Forgeworld books for Warhammer 40k have previously said, "while this should be considered official, check with your opponent". This is about to change, and fundamentally alter how or what we are going to be seeing in our games. Like allies and double force organization, I am sure there will be resistance, but when this happens the game will fundamentally be changed and opened up for Forgeworld rules and models.

Yes, I know many of us already consider Forgeworld to be official, but this is the change that puts everyone on notice.

This is essentially part 2 of the conversation about the new Inquisition codex, but continues to the topic of how Official Forgeworld products are in 40k games.

Please remember that these are rumors.

so leaving where we left off.

via an anonymous source on Faeit 212
immediately afterward (codex Inquisition) we'll be seeing the Forgeworld forces of the space marines and inquisition to update all those rules as well.

Also, while written to be polite, the sentence that says "while this should be considered official, check with your opponent" in the Forgeworld books is being changed.

In the new forces of the SM and Inquisiton it says "these are official, but make sure your opponent knows the rules of any models chosen from this book." (quoting from memory so syntax may be slightly different)

So... Let's all welcome Forgeworld to the table.

I think it still comes down to the major tournaments and LGSs allowing Forgeworld but maybe this means GW is going to try to push it into more of the mainstream

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
Re: Forgeworld in 40k becoming legal?... (yes this discussion again)
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 06:55:10 PM »
FW doesn't get to say if FW is legal or not, GW does.  GW, the main company, has never said anything about it.

For any particular tournament, it's legal if a TO says it's legal, same as always.   

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 10:05:45 AM »
FW doesn't get to say if FW is legal or not, GW does.  GW, the main company, has never said anything about it.

For any particular tournament, it's legal if a TO says it's legal, same as always.   

Unless GW specifically contradicts FW edicts, we should follow them, since they are the same company.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 10:14:01 AM »
Regardless of how it SHOULD work, I doubt it will really "take" until there's a statement from "main GW".

Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:09:33 AM »
Seems a good place for a general Forgeworld question. I know they have a lot varied kits that are NOT allowed most of the time (super heavies, titans, etc.) but can one use Forgeworld models for units that ARE in a codex?

Can you use the FW Bloodthirster in place of a regular Bloodthirster? Or a FW Eldar Avatar in place of a regular Eldar Avatar?

Grimwulfe

• God
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, 11:25:51 AM »
Seems a good place for a general Forgeworld question. I know they have a lot varied kits that are NOT allowed most of the time (super heavies, titans, etc.) but can one use Forgeworld models for units that ARE in a codex?

Can you use the FW Bloodthirster in place of a regular Bloodthirster? Or a FW Eldar Avatar in place of a regular Eldar Avatar?

Yes
Dark Star Founding Member
NOVA 2011 Trios Team Champions
NOVA 2012 Trios Team Champions
WGC 2013 Doubles Best Sportman
NOVA 2013 Trios Team Champions
DaBoyz GT 2013 Best Theme 1st Place
Adepticon Champ 2014 Best Imperial Showing
Adepticon Team 2014 Best Imperial Showing

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, 11:46:15 AM »

Unless GW specifically contradicts FW edicts, we should follow them, since they are the same company.

I don't agree with that, no.  But Keith, you have a big tournament, are you going to allow FW just FW said it's ok now?

Thudd guns for everyone!