Author Topic: [Plainville MA] "ARMOR WAR" 1250pt 40k Tournament - 10/26  (Read 9896 times)

keithb

• Epic Tier Level 24
Re: [Plainville MA] "ARMOR WAR" 1250pt 40k Tournament - 10/26
« Reply #120 on: October 22, 2013, 01:45:45 PM »
I have 0 models with power armor =[

andalucien

• God
« Reply #121 on: October 22, 2013, 02:38:39 PM »
Haha... let's start a support group keithb... i'm not at zero, but I can say that approximately 0.3% of my models are in power armour
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #122 on: October 22, 2013, 03:11:15 PM »
Scenarios are done and I'm very happy with them.

If I had all the lists I'd post em up... but I don't, so I can't.

It's a small turnout (16 players), but I think it's going to be an awesome event.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #123 on: October 22, 2013, 04:07:01 PM »
Anyone feeling bold and want to tell us the lists they brought?  If you brought bikes, raise your hand!

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: October 22, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »
I can tell you for sure that bikes will be on tables this weekend.

I can also tell you that models in Power Armor will be all over the place.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #125 on: October 22, 2013, 07:56:42 PM »
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #126 on: October 22, 2013, 08:17:42 PM »
Doomrider reminds me of Joe Rogan.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #127 on: October 22, 2013, 09:20:42 PM »
Joe Rogan reminds me of Doomrider.

ftfy
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #128 on: October 24, 2013, 02:47:41 AM »
I've got all the lists so here's a look at the scenarios Sam and Ben have done up for the event.  Sorry so many of you have to miss it.

There will be one little bit of clarification in the mission packet.

I am not going to be answering questions about the scenarios.

Mission 1: Find the Armour.

Pieces of the Emperor's holy armour had fallen to far-flung regions of the planet Rigellon, but the gravitic anomolies made precise tracking difficult. The forces of the Space Marines, along with their Chaos rivals, would need to establish a foothold on the planet's surface before venturing out in search of their goal. Key points of stability in the world's unstable surface would be ideal for defensive positions, and thus highly prized by any force. Only with this necessary task complete could the true work begin.

The Battlefield: Vanguard Strike deployment. Before deployment, place 3 objectives in No Man's Land along the center diagonal: one in the center, and one near each corner, 18" from the short table edge and 12" from the long table edge. Each player also places one objective in their deployment zone, not within 6" of any table edge or within 12" of another objective.

Primary Objective: The player who controls the most objectives in No Man's Land at the end of the game wins this objective.

Secondary Objective: The player who controls the most objectives in player deployment zones wins this objective.

Tertiary Objective: Linebreaker earns 2 points. Slay the Warlord earns 1 point.

Mission Special Rules: Night Fighting, Reserves.

Mission 2: The Relic?

The crusaders on Rigellon soon discovered that the fragments of armour had fallen near certain small shrines that had remained untouched by the general upheaval on the world. Scouting parties were ordered to collect intelligence about these locations as they secured the artifacts; a dangerous proposition, when enemies might stumble upon the site at any moment. Regardless of the danger, the Chaplains were united in recommending caution, for a lurking dread remained behind the hunt: would the relic indeed be a holy artifact, or a trap laid by the forces of Chaos?

The Battlefield: Hammer and Anvil deployment. The Relic will be placed in the center of the table. Two more objectives will be placed along the center line, 12" from each long table edge. Each player MUST designate one power armor unit to be deployed using the rules for Infiltrators, though the unit does not gain that special rule and may not Outflank.

Special Rule: Uncertain Artifact. When the Relic is seized for the first time, the seizing player must roll a d6. On a roll of 1-3, it is a false Relic: for the rest of the game, any unit holding the Relic gains the Daemon special rule. On a roll of 4-6, it is a true Relic: for the rest of the game, any unit holding the Relic gains the Zealot special rule.

Primary Objective: At the end of the game, whoever controls the Relic wins this objective.

Secondary Objective: At the end of each game turn, a player earns one Victory Point for each objective they control (apart from the Relic). The player with the most Victory Points at the end of the game wins this objective.

Tertiary Objective: Linebreaker earns 2 points. Slay the Warlord earns 1 point.

Mission 3: Prepare for Extraction!

As the forces on Rigellon claimed their prizes and made them safe, a new danger appeared in the skies above. The Black Ships of the Inquisition arrived in the hundreds. Seeing the malformed nature of the planet and the presence of Chaos, the Inquisitors deemed that the planet was lost, and that the safest course would be to prepare a holy Exterminatus and purge the world of all who might be tainted by the Enemy. Learning of this, commanders on the ground placed beacons to guide transport ships for immediate extraction. But the fighting would not stop, even in the face of annihilation. If this were indeed the end, the mighty warriors on the planet would ensure their foes would lead the way into oblivion.

The Battlefield: Dawn of War. Each player places one objective in their deployment zone to serve as the extraction beacon.

Special Rule: Bearers of the Armour. Before deployment, each player nominates one unit to bear a fragment of the Emperor's armour. This unit may not be an Independent Character or a Monstrous Creature.

Primary Objective: At the end of the game, each player receives 1 Victory Point for each enemy unit that has been completely destroyed. Units that are falling back or not on the board when the game ends count as destroyed for the purposed of this mission. Any unit killed by the Bearers of the Armour grants 2 Victory Points, instead of 1. The player who scores the most Victory Points wins this objective.

Secondary Objective: Protect the extraction beacon. These objectives may not be targeted by either side. An enemy Infantry unit can destroy the opposing beacon by spending an entire game turn in base contact with it. If a player has the only remaining beacon at the end of the game, they win this objective. If both players have intact beacons, this objective is a draw. If neither player has a beacon at the end of the game, both players lose this objective.

Tertiary Objective: Slay the Warlord earns 2 points. Linebreaker earns 1 point.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #129 on: October 24, 2013, 11:11:00 AM »
Bwahahaha!  But I didn't tell you which chapter tactics I was going to choose, Chase!  And now.....I maximise based on the scenarios you have described!

j/k.  Bikes = whitescars, duh.  Though I flirted with the idea of iron hands cuz IWND LR is awesome. 

Missions look fun.  I like what you did there with the infiltrating unit in the Relic mission.  Unfortunately, I think scoring bikes just pwn Relic missions.

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

spoonsaur

• Heroic Tier Level 5
  • He who buys too much
« Reply #132 on: October 26, 2013, 05:29:05 PM »
I doubt I will play another tournament. Forced buy the first round, tabled the second game but at least I had a chance. Third game was another story, Sam rules thunder fire cannon can hold the relic piece giving him crazy bonuses. Guy sets the beacon on level 4 where I can't go or reach with range. Thunder fire cannons my whole army not very fun. On top of that I don't even get smoking boots because of the buy.
Name: Bryan "spoon" Dupuis
Club: Plainville

Tyranids 4000 points
Dark Eldar 5000 points
Sons of Solomon (ultramarines) 4000

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #133 on: October 26, 2013, 05:49:35 PM »
I doubt I will play another tournament. Forced buy the first round, tabled the second game but at least I had a chance. Third game was another story, Sam rules thunder fire cannon can hold the relic piece giving him crazy bonuses. Guy sets the beacon on level 4 where I can't go or reach with range. Thunder fire cannons my whole army not very fun. On top of that I don't even get smoking boots because of the buy.

Sorry you had a bad experience this time around. Unfortunately sometimes there is a bye and someone has to take it, BG is really good about it though and i seriously doubt you will ever get it again.

Don't judge all tournaments at BG by one tough day, i've had a good time at almost every tournament i've ever been to here.

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: October 26, 2013, 07:01:36 PM »

Odd, because the Thunderfire Cannon is not a scoring unit, so how can it hold the relic?
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.