Author Topic: [Abington] WM/H Terrain Day II the Movie: This Time Its Personal (10/13)  (Read 1069 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email

TERRAIN DAY

When: Sunday, October 13th. Begins at 11:00 am and goes on until no one can stand the sight of foam any longer.
Where: Battleground Abington, mien comrade.

"I'd build terrain with you but..." "I know, there's something wrong with your face."

Terrain day one is in the books. 20 great hills and more forests than the cheesiest Circle player could ask for were made by community members who had zero experience! We knocked out enough of the basics that we can start working on some extras! Namely, buildings and additional walls. If I can find a process I like, maybe some ponds, too!

What you can expect

There will be some rough cut buildings and walls ready to be worked on. We'll have stations for cutting, texturing, trim work, and painting so you can ease into constructing scenery without being overwhelmed.

Feel like mere buildings are below a demi-god of scenery construction such as yourself? Well, dazzle us with your creative craft skills and make something real special while us dregs of humanity toil on mundane projects.

Would you kindly...

This event is 100% community planned, run, AND funded. That means almost all the materials, tools, and time are coming from us. If you want to come and are in a position to bring some stuff, we'd very much appreciate it. Here's the kind of stuff we're looking for:

• Pink insulation foam (2" and 1/2" thicknesses)
  • Balsa Wood
  • Straws
  • Wood glue
  • Cardstock
  • Static grass
  • Wood putty
or anything else you think could be helpful!

If you dudes have any questions or anything, shoot either myself or the_trooper a PM.
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: [Abington] WM/H Terrain Day II the Movie: This Time Its Personal (10/13)
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2013, 04:59:52 PM »
Nice!  The Patriots play later in the afternoon, so I should be able to "help" this time around.  :)
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2013, 03:12:19 PM »
Sweet! Last time was a blast. Everyone was able to catch on really quickly. This one is a little more complicated, but its way easier to break down into steps. You'll do fine.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:48:28 AM »
Come on down for some foam house, pond filling fun!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2013, 10:40:38 PM »
Despite some pretty crappy setbacks due to inadequate materials, a bunch of walls and buildings are almost ready for paint! Thanks to everyone who showed up and helped painstakingly cut individual bricks!

Big thanks to Seth (Randl) for making some AMAZING donations! While we couldn't get to the ponds today, the water effects you dropped off will be used soon!
beep bop boop