Author Topic: [Abington + Plainville] Halloween MONSTER MASH - 10/31  (Read 7271 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
[Abington + Plainville] Halloween MONSTER MASH - 10/31
« on: October 07, 2013, 07:36:57 PM »

Battleground Games & Hobbies - Abington and Plainville

Join us for our Halloween 40k Monster Mash event at both the Abington and Plainville locations!

Format: Monster Mash
Date: October 31st, 2013 a Thursday
Time: Please be here no later than 7:00pm.  Set up at 7:15pm.  Dice roll no later than 7:30pm.
Entrance Fee:  FREE!

Address:
1501 Bedford Street
Abington MA 02351

Address:
25 Taunton Street
Plainville MA 02762

Google Maps - Abington

Google Maps - Plainville

Please contact me at ChaseLaq@gmail.com if you are planning to play.

RULES FOR MONSTER MASH

Rule Books:
The Warhammer 40,000 Sixth Edition Rules will be used.

The following is a list of legal army choices:
Codex: Chaos Daemons
Codex: Grey Knights
Codex: Dark Eldar
Codex: Eldar
Codex: Necrons
Codex: Chaos Space Marines
Codex: Tau Empire
Codex: Tyranids
All supplements are legal.

MODELS AND POINTS:

1. Each player must bring a Monstrous Creature.  Any Monsterous Creature will do.  No point limit.  Flying Monstrous Creatures ARE allowed but will be treated like Jump Monstrous Creatures for purposes of this event.

2. Gargantuan Creatures and Forge World units are NOT allowed in this event.

3. All models must follow “What You See Is What You Get” (WYSIWYG). All
weapons, war gear, and so forth must be represented on the model.

4. Extra, non-MC units / models will not be allowed.  No spawning of additional units, no retinues of any sort. (For example: No drones)

HOW MONSTER MASH WORKS:

Objective:  Kill Monstrous Creatures.

At the end of the event the player with the most points wins.

The event will be run as a "free for all" with each player fighting for himself on the same table.

Players will have 75 seconds to resolve their turn.  Don't think, just kill.

• Scoring System:

Do 1 wound:  1pt
Do more than 1 wound:  2pts
Kill an enemy Monstrous Creature:  3pts

• Upgrade Rolls:

Obviously high point cost Monstrous Creatures will have a distinct advantage in this game so in an effort to balance things out, cheaper MCs get to roll on the upgrade table before battle commences. Monstrous Creatures 170pts or under get 2 rolls on the table; MCs 171-200pts get one roll. MCs 201pts or more get nothing.

• Upgrade Table Roll D6

1 - King of All Monsters (Model gains +1 WS or +1 BS.)
2 - Third "Leg" (May move an additional 1" in the Movement Phase, after any difficult terrain rolls.)
3 - Hulk Smash! (When making a Smash attack, this model does not halve its Attacks characteristic.)
4 - Unstoppable! (Model gains It Will Not Die. If it already had It Will Not Die, wounds are instead recovered on a 4+.)
5 - Rend Asunder (The model's close combat and ranged attacks gain the Shred special rule.)
6 - Unbreakable (Model gains +1 Toughness.)

Players may "trade down" on this chart.  Example:  If you roll a 5 you can choose to take result 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5.

• Each player deploys their Monstrous Creature according to the following rules:

Upon deployment or coming onto the table after dying, each MC will scatter 4d6 inches from the center of the table.  If your MC lands "on target" you may place your model within 6 inches of any model that is currently on the table OR within 12 inches of the center.

• Players will roll randomly to determine deployment.  Highest roll will place last and go first.  Players will take their turn in a clockwise order starting with player who rolled highest.  It is possible (likely) that more than one person will be asked to take their turn at the same time in an effort to keep things moving.

• When your Monstrous Creature is destroyed it is removed from the table and then can come on at the start of the next player turn following the rules for deployment above.

--Deploying your MC after it dies will be considered "respawning" and will not count as coming in from reserve.  You may assault the same turn you've respawned.

• The Assault Phase will be modified slightly: No matter how big the ruckus is only 2 creatures are 'fighting' at once. Only the current player's unit and his chosen opponent will roll dice to resolve combat that turn.

• Players will not be able to issue challenges.

• Disengaging will not be allowed. You came to fight, not to run.

• Chaos Demon Warp table thing will not be used to speed up turns and keep the additional shenanigans to a minimum.

• Psychic Powers will be determined before deployment and will stay the same upon each respawn.

• Hammer of Wrath hits apply only to the chosen enemy.

• Warlord Traits will not apply for purposes of this event.

• If at any point a Tyranid would be subject to Instinctive Behavior, ignore it.

The Sixth Edition Rulebook will be in use for all games and will be the definitive guide
for all rules.

What You Need to Bring with You:
-Your (hopefully painted) Monstrous Creature
-A copy of the EXACT rules governing your Monstrous Creature
-Rulebooks and any additional books you need
-Pen and paper
-Dice and templates
-Tape measure

Awards:  The winner of the event will be given a Monstrous Creature of their choice.

Please post any questions or comments here.

« Last Edit: October 11, 2013, 11:36:37 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: [Abington + Plainville] Halloween MONSTER MASH - 10/31
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2013, 07:39:47 PM »
I am in need of a volunteer to run / score this event in ABINGTON.

Also, if someone wants to run / score this event in Plainville, let me know.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2013, 07:45:24 PM »
looks awesome, too bad i'm on duty.

looking forward to TANKSgiving!

MM3791

• God
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2013, 07:58:15 PM »
Yea this looks great, free entrance, duel locations, and free monster for winner. Did I mention free entrance?

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2013, 08:10:15 PM »
:O Finally a use for that One Daemon Prince of Tzeentch I own. :P
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2013, 08:41:11 PM »
I would add +2 to the number bonuses in your table and give MCs under 100 points 3 rolls, otherwise it looks pretty solid!
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 08:50:04 PM by robpro »

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2013, 09:07:56 PM »
looks awesome, too bad i'm on duty.

ALWAYS!

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2013, 09:14:53 PM »
I have Halloween plans. I'd be very curious to know how this turns out.

I didn't see this glancing through the rules. There will be assaults. Will Assaults be resolved per normal, with everyone swinging? Or will only the person whose turn it is get to swing? The first one might be long time-wise, the second one ignores the Initiative stat completely.

I'd argue strongly for multiple models allowed to be involved in an assault, but the rolls per player turn involve only the player's models and a model of the player's choosing.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2013, 09:21:14 PM »
I don't understand why there would be confusion with assaults, it would work the same as in the rulebook. Initiative based, player picks which target, anyone locked in get to swing. A better question would be if challenges are allowed..

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2013, 09:25:03 PM »
I don't understand why there would be confusion with assaults, it would work the same as in the rulebook. Initiative based, player picks which target, anyone locked in get to swing. A better question would be if challenges are allowed..

If there are 20 models in an assault, the player's turn is definitely not getting done in 75 seconds with 20 players rolling dice in random directions. I feel it's necessary to amend the rules for this event as proposed, to keep things moving briskly.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2013, 09:29:07 PM »
Lol like a mash pit. I guess it would be 75 seconds per monster.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2013, 09:30:52 PM »
I'd argue strongly for multiple models allowed to be involved in an assault, but the rolls per player turn involve only the player's models and a model of the player's choosing.

This.  This will happen.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2013, 09:46:57 PM »
I should stress, a player could choose only a legally available model. I would think that would be implied, but lately if things are not explicit, all hell breaks loose.

Challenges would be interesting. I know they hold a mechanical value to some units. So here's my thoughts on that.

A player joins an assault and may challenge any enemy in that assault. The enemy has the option to accept or decline. If declined, the player may not challenge again and must fight an enemy in base-to-base.

This could be exploited by friends letting friends kill friends by accepting challenges they think they'll lose, so to be sure you're not at a disadvantage, bring more friends! And nothing is ever guaranteed with dice.

Also, Hammer of Wrath hits apply only to the chosen enemy.

robpro

• Heroic Tier Level 9
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2013, 09:58:53 PM »
You wouldn't be able to decline a challenge if you're a character MC, so you'd need a way to work out how they accept it. Hammer does start with models in base, so I don't see it being an issue.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2013, 10:09:15 PM »
I'm considering eliminating challenges all together.  Thoughts?