Author Topic: Schedule for the End of the Campaign  (Read 4541 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Schedule for the End of the Campaign
« on: October 21, 2013, 08:23:08 PM »
So it's been a long haul with a lot of lessons learned and a lot of opponents crushed. However we still have a few loose ends to tie up and of course getting everyone paid.

So here's the bullet points of what's happening right now:
Keep in mind some of this information is tentative on BG decisions.

1. Saxus is receiving a few extra days to play their game. This was requested in a timely fashion for good reasons, so I allowed it. That being said we should be wrapped up with all planets by Wednesday.

2. Final numbers and payouts should be happening at the end of this week, tentatively Friday. At that time I'll post the results for all planets, most of which have already been discussed in the forum. As soon as I know the specific time when your winnings will be available I'll make all of you aware, but I don't expect it'll be much later than Sunday if there is even a delay in the first place. Ideally I would have wanted to do the payout on the same day as the Post Mortem but I also don't want to make anyone wait any more than they have to for their winnings.

3. The Post Mortem date is being worked on. We want it to be sooner rather than later but getting a date where myself and D can both sit down to do something like this is difficult. My TENTATIVE date would be November 3rd (a sunday) in the afternoon but there's no promises or guarantees on that one. I'll post the definite when I have it.

So that's where things stand currently.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
Re: Schedule for the End of the Campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2013, 01:49:30 AM »
I know there is quite a lot of bad blood in the water about some league issues.  So as a fairly neutral participant I guess I'll fire the first shot. Edited the quote to show relevant information needed to make my point.

Following week 10 you'll have 3 weeks to arrange and play The Hammer Blow, the final scenario in Storms and Shadows.

Finally, a word on scheduling. I'm aware that some of you have difficult schedules. We are not allotting three weeks (plus one weeks notice) for you to ask all players to meet you on a Thursday morning between 10 and 2. You officially have over a month to arrange a day to meet all relevant players on the planet for a game you should expect to be between 4 and 6 hours (possibly more depending on the points and players involved!). So act early and arrange time to meet at a reasonable date and time. If your game is repeatedly unable to be resolved because you are unable to be present for the game and did not make proper preparations, you will be discounted from The Hammer Blow. You have over a month, make time.

Note the very last sentence here.  Why are we STILL bending deadlines? As per the intent I gathered from your words, it was get it done, or tough luck.

Murf
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2013, 09:39:05 PM »
This was explained.

This was requested in a timely fashion for good reasons, so I allowed it.

It doesn't change anything regarding the schedule, people were curious what had happened with Saxus. Hence the explanation. It wasn't as though I was called in a panic Sunday evening, I was contacted early and requested that they could do the specific date because it worked best for them.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2013, 09:49:50 PM by Vermillion »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2013, 10:33:10 AM »
will the Post Mortem have cakes and pies?  I'm totally down if there will be cakes and pies, plus I am full of productive observations.  I would like to be full of cakes and pies though, just a suggestion. 

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2013, 08:43:07 PM »
If by pie you mean pizza pie. I'm hoping to have a couple of pizzas for the event. I'll be finding out on friday when me and D discuss the post mortem.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
So, what's the status on Saxus?
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2013, 05:18:53 AM »
Brad: I growled at Tom tonight about it. Apparently the schedules for the two of them STILL haven't lined up.
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2013, 08:06:18 AM »
WTF?  So, Saxus gets another week?  My god, it'll never end.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Sam Butler

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2013, 10:05:06 AM »
WTF?  So, Saxus gets another week?  My god, it'll never end.

Apparently so.   Its going to be an interesting post mortem.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2013, 05:01:56 PM »
I'd prefer if assumptions weren't made. I posted no change to the schedule because no change is going to be made. I've contact both players on the planet. The game wasn't played, therefore the planet is going to be split. I'm still going in for final wrap up tomorrow, payouts should be this weekend either way.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2013, 09:46:47 AM »
 :o :o :o :o

I'd prefer if you left your preferences out of my assumptions...

;D

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2013, 10:05:19 PM »
The Final numbers are into Battlegrounds. They should be posting the who and when of the final payouts soon.