Author Topic: Schedule leading up to the Start of the Campaign.  (Read 2957 times)

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Shinobi Tactics: Your daily dose of Ninja goodness.
    • Email
Schedule leading up to the Start of the Campaign.
« on: June 25, 2013, 08:10:16 PM »
Evening Gents,

I thought I'd put up a formal schedule so everyone knows what is happening between now and the start of the campaign.

Today: Paper rulebooks go into Battlegrounds for review
Thursday: Turn sheets go into Battlegrounds for players to fill out
Friday: At latest, the map will go up and be populated with all current players existing empires
Saturday: REGISTRATION DEADLINE. 8pm there will be a demo of the Dogfight and Strafing run scenarios
Sunday: Late registration begins
Monday: TURN SHEETS DUE
Tuesday: First turn begins.
Good men hear the call; Great men answer.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
Re: Schedule leading up to the Start of the Campaign.
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2013, 09:08:05 PM »
GIven that I'd rather not have to go to Abington more frequently than necessary, would it be possible to fill out turn sheets electronically?  Something as simple as a pdf, google spreadsheet form, etc.?
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2013, 09:14:12 PM »
I'll talk to Nick Hough about that since he'll be the on receiving and processing those requests. Is it that you don't want to come down again before the deadline or do you mean each week? Because if you have a game to play, you can fill out a turn sheet the same night you play your game.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2013, 10:56:54 PM »
Eh, it's not that big a deal.  I just figure that less paper is easier on everyone.  I was mostly referring to coming down before the deadline, but I guess I'll be there on Saturday anyway, so no big deal.
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2013, 03:09:51 AM »
It would be nice to have some sort of electronic, paper-less method of making moves, recording results, spending resources, etc.  Without it I can basically promise that mistakes will be made and things will be missed / lost, especially with what's looking like a solid turnout.

If Nick is going to be handling all of this I'll let him know that he might want to put something together.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

MM3791

• God
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2013, 11:13:14 AM »
Also a benefit for electronic method is leveraging the internet.. assuming secrecy isn't part of the game results and moves can be posted to help players plot out their next move in the following week from the comfort of their own home. This may also drum up additional interest and/or hype from people who aren't currently in the game and encourage more people to join after the campaign starts.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2013, 09:20:26 PM »
I'm all for an electronic method of making moves as long as Nick is for it. My only concern is that in order to make moves you'll need to be able to see the map in detail. It might mean that we have to take pictures of each planet each week in order to accommodate that.

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2013, 09:12:45 PM »
For an update, it's looking like we'll be using an electronic method to get the first turn sheets in. Tomorrow night after signups end I'll be taking all of the registration forms and digitally populating the map. After I post it here people will be able to submit their moves either via private message or I may have a digital form for you. More on that a bit later.

I also want to remind everyone that tomorrow night at 8pm at Battleground Games and Hobbies Abington I will be running a demo for the Dogfight and Strafing run scenarios. If you're curious or you want some practice, come on down. If you have flyers, make sure you bring them. They'll be seeing plenty of action.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2013, 10:08:38 PM »
I thought turn sheets are supposed to be up today and due tomorrow? The campaign starts in two days

Vermillion

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2013, 10:10:47 PM »
I'm actually getting the sheets ready right now. We had a slight delay on that. The sheets will be due before 6pm on tuesday due to the delay. Movements should be up the same night.