Author Topic: Another digital supplement was just launched - Be'lakor  (Read 12259 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Another digital supplement was just launched - Be'lakor
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2013, 05:19:39 PM »
If they're going to be doing this everyday this month maybe one big thread about them rather than 30 small ones?
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2013, 05:43:35 PM »
I think there's still only one thread :)  We can just keep adding to this one.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2013, 05:49:52 PM »
Fun fact:  the Tau supplement can be profitably used by EVERY army except for tyranids.

For example, you can run Daemons, have CSM as your allied detachment, and still use include 2 broadsides and a riptide by using this supplement.  They are desparate allies, but who cares?  The broadsides detachment doesn't include any scoring units anyway.

and... the broadsides and riptides are actually BUFFED versions.   Tank Hunters and preferred enemy vs. half the armies in the game.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 06:04:08 PM by andalucien »
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2013, 06:13:42 PM »
Fun fact:  the Tau supplement can be profitably used by EVERY army except for tyranids.

For example, you can run Daemons, have CSM as your allied detachment, and still use include 2 broadsides and a riptide by using this supplement.  They are desparate allies, but who cares?  The broadsides detachment doesn't include any scoring units anyway.

and... the broadsides and riptides are actually BUFFED versions.   Tank Hunters and preferred enemy vs. half the armies in the game.

Good, I'll "countas" my forgefiend as a broadside and BAM Bob's your uncle.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2013, 06:25:07 PM »
Isn't it 6 broadsides though? With the riptide you're looking at 600 points

Typhus

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2013, 06:31:57 PM »

its 570 naked with no upgrades.

Fits perfectly into my standard list, so, TANK HUNTING FOR ERRBODY.
0000 - Rest Period - BUT YOU BETTER NOT SPEND FOUR WHOLE HOURS SLEEPING. IF YOU DO YOU ARE NOT ANGRY ENOUGH AND TOMORROW YOU GET THE FIRST CHANCE TO PLAY PIN THE TAU ON THE CARNIFEX.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2013, 07:13:05 PM »

its 570 naked with no upgrades.

Fits perfectly into my standard list, so, TANK HUNTING FOR ERRBODY.

Or how about

- Seer council
- Dark eldar allies /w/ Baron
- 4 jetbike units
- 2 units of better broadsides
- 1 better riptide

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2013, 07:18:30 PM »
I spent my TG weekend working on this.  It's the obvious response to GW post 2011.

"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2013, 09:29:23 PM »
It's 40k, not apocaplyse.

"ALLIED FORMATIONS

Formations do not count as your army’s Allied Detachment, even if they are made up of units from a different codex to your Primary Detachment, and they do not stop you from taking an Allied Detachment in the same army. However, the Levels of Alliance rules from the Warhammer 40,000 rulebook do apply to them and units chosen from a different codex that
are in the same army."

Soo....ok, this is just stupid.  Why WOULDN'T YOU DO THAT?  Every Tau player (except me) thinks it's all about Broadsides and Riptides.  Why wouldn't you want them to have Tank Hunters and Preferred Enemy randomly, just because?

This is random and stupid.  There's no way we can really consider using these little $4 cheat sheets, especially if there's going to be 25 of them by Christmas.  They're clearly beer & pretzels, fluffy, not much thought given sorts of rules.  These are not meant for competitive play.  Even less so than FW.

Why even have a Force Org chart anymore?  Just take whatever the hell you want!  It's no longer a game, we're just throwing dice and pushing models around. 

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2013, 11:41:23 PM »
  Just take whatever the hell you want!  It's no longer a game, we're just throwing dice and pushing models around.

Welcome to 6th edition, enjoy your stay.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2013, 08:51:36 AM »
Remember the days when GW released only 2 codexes per year while the other armies got shafted for a decade.. yea lets go back to that  :P

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2013, 08:55:19 AM »
Remember the days when GW released only 2 codexes per year while the other armies got shafted for a decade.. yea lets go back to that  :P
I prefer that to what we have now, though obviously there's a happy medium. If the hobby was about instant gratification, the models would be sold already painted and assembled.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2013, 10:19:22 AM »
I would also prefer going back to the single-codex system.  No allies.  The experiment with mixing and matching was fun, but now after the novelty has worn off I'm realizing I kind of had more fun when every army you would play against had its own inherent strengths and weaknesses.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2013, 10:47:17 AM »
So it looks like day 3's digital download is Tactica Riptide.

http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/content/article.jsp?aId=22200010a

For the low low price of 3 dollars you too can master the fine art of shoot stuff don't get into close combat.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #44 on: December 03, 2013, 10:50:56 AM »
I would also prefer going back to the single-codex system.  No allies.  The experiment with mixing and matching was fun, but now after the novelty has worn off I'm realizing I kind of had more fun when every army you would play against had its own inherent strengths and weaknesses.

I just don't see it happening, GW has made tons of cash off people buying models for allied supplements and I think it's here to stay.

The whole inquisitor thing being outside the allies and these new Special detachments like the tau cadre things are getting a might rediculous