Author Topic: Eldar Color Thoughts  (Read 3427 times)

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: Eldar Color Thoughts
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2013, 01:35:34 PM »
I like the ulthwe the best. The blue is a close second but I think the black has more of a sense of realism to it. Not that realism has any place in 40k but whatever.

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #16 on: December 11, 2013, 05:40:50 PM »
Thanks for the comments and insight. None of these are really sticking with me...may need to try some other colors.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #17 on: December 11, 2013, 05:47:42 PM »
Damn man, I'd be happy if I could get my regular guys looking as good as ANY of those paint schemes :)   Keep posting, I'm sure we'll all like to critique more
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: December 11, 2013, 06:26:02 PM »
Thanks for the comments and insight. None of these are really sticking with me...may need to try some other colors.

I've always liked orange, could make for some great eldar and not just fire dragons. Whatever colors you go with, awesome paint jobs, very neat. And I sympathies with this dilemma, I painted my space marines at least 6 different colors before I finally settled on one and I still think about trying out different schemes. 

King of the Elves

« Reply #19 on: December 11, 2013, 06:30:55 PM »
I currently have a nicely painted (in my opinion) Ulthwe army. But I personally love the mymeara color scheme. If I had a airbrush, that would have been my color/ craftworld. Good luck!!

Seth

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: December 11, 2013, 08:27:45 PM »
Maybe you should look into the craftworlds and how they run and see if any of the particular theme of any craftworlds fits the way you want to play them. Then see if there is a variation that you like. Ulthwe is nice put they focus on psykers and guardian units where as mymerea are all about war the way the eldar were before the fall. I mean anyone will play any way it just maybe easier to find a direction to go.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:31:38 PM by Seth »
those who win every battle are not really skillful- those who render others' armies helpless without fighting are the best of all.  ~Master Sun Tzu

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: December 11, 2013, 09:31:49 PM »
I'd really love to see the red craftworld done.  That would be so awesome.

Edit: Saim-Hann
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 09:46:31 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Erich

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #22 on: December 12, 2013, 08:46:01 AM »
Thank you all for the kind worlds and insight, still have a few more to give a try before I make a final decision. I'll try and post some when they are finished.