Author Topic: Are Necrons the army for me?  (Read 4083 times)

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Re: Are Necrons the army for me?
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 03:05:35 PM »
I played against necrons in the first megabattle w/ my marines and it was a fairly good tie-up between us. I have a dev. squad w/ hvy bolters and kept knocking them down they kept getting up but at reduced numbers..Their advance was slow and they didn't really have the range that I had. The troop support was average, but the hvy. supports were abit of a pain. The monolith just kept getting shot up and taking it. The teleport ability of the necrons wasa pain to deal with, but I'm not sure if it was a megabattle assest, or normal.
 Just my input to help you decide.
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

rockplant

• Email
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 01:55:28 AM »
i buying a few necrons off a friend of a friend for a few dollars
2 warrior squads
1 lord
i gonna play a really small game see if i like them
i might a an immortal squad
just to try them out

Logan007

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2009, 04:18:28 PM »
If you have any friends that own Necrons, you should see about buying some models off of them -- then you'll be able to determine for yourself whether you like them or not, instead of asking for advice on a forum.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2009, 06:06:48 PM »
If you have any friends that own Necrons, you should see about buying some models off of them -- then you'll be able to determine for yourself whether you like them or not, instead of asking for advice on a forum.

or you could borrow necrons instead of buying them.

rockplant

• Email
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2009, 09:16:06 PM »

i didnt even know he had them. also ive never even meet this person before

the waaaagh

• We fight cos we woz born to fight. And win
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 05:27:12 PM »
Necrons is a good army if you know how to balance your forces, even as you don't have many troops. Be carefull of the phase out rule as you can loose a game even if you are winning it .take in mind that the most important thing in a necron army are its troops if you can field lots of them, yo wont need to worry. Try to avoid tanks and heavy weapons as much as posible ( high strenght and low aps means you are not standing again) C'tans beautiful minis but not usefull & too expensive, besides they are like sitting ducks and every body tend to shoot at them. Their stats are good but not that good when everybody shoots at it. Try to get monolith's beautifull and every body is scared at them thei armor will hold a couple of shots, plus is great to give your troops cover and teleport.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 06:37:54 PM »
C'Tan are absolutely useful. They are among the most powerful miniatures in the game. Sure, they're expensive, but with their high toughness, they're immune to small arms fire and highly resistant to anything else. A meltagun wounds on 4's! They mow through just about anything; especially Nightbringer. I'd actually list these guys (along with the Monolith) as the high point of the list.

They're among the best answers to TH/SS terminators. C'Tan are why I still even have these guys.
beep bop boop

the waaaagh

• We fight cos we woz born to fight. And win
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 09:05:29 PM »
I actually made my necron army because of the night bringer, awesome mini I loved it but it is not the stats the problem like I said it is like when the eldars bring the avatar it draws all the atention and in some cases you can't even slash anybody. Also it was beatiful when I used it against tyranids, you should have seen those carnies fly. It all depends who is your oponent army.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2009, 01:35:04 AM »
Everyone except Typhus.

rockplant

• Email
« Reply #24 on: July 13, 2009, 02:45:46 AM »
Everyone except Typhus.

i saw typhus kill himself over 4 times the other day is was pretty funny then i won the game