Author Topic: Mordheim  (Read 13785 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Mordheim
« on: July 11, 2009, 07:00:48 PM »
Hey, Doug  I'll bring down the stuff to show you how to play on wed.  If you can make it cool if not let me know so we can set up a better day. 

If bring so figs if you can, I'll bring my possessed and vamps, but if other people get in on the game I would like to be able to accomidate anyone that is interested.

I'll just go over the standard Mordheim rules, leave out some of the extra rules that empire in flames adds in.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
Re: Mordheim
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2009, 01:20:07 AM »
 I'd love to, but the mrs.  and I will be out of town for afew days starting tomorrow. Have to be next week sometime.

I've DLed the PDFs and have read some of them. Movement is something extra compared to 40k, but rest of stats seem same. True line of sight? The close combat stuff I need to read up on and the ranged stuff. Any other sections?

I've started to think of a list for my warparty too.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2009, 01:23:10 AM by Warpedfuzz »
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2009, 06:35:20 PM »
Thats ok, next week will work for me if tomorrow is a bad idea.  I'll still go down and hang out.

Umm, well mordheim has rules for hiding.  But mostly to charge something you have to be able to see some part of the model.  The same goes for shooting, which grants cover.  Shooting has the extra rule that you must shoot the closest target unless 1) you are elevated 2) the closest enemy model is down (i.e. stunned or knocked down). 

There is a couple of other rules that you really just need to play to get, which I can go over with as we play and even set-up some of the more uncommon things just so you can see them in action.  I picked up the figures to make a beastman warband, at least a warband I would field to start a league.  So like I said I'll bring down my stuff and if you want I can bring my possessed I would just need to know what figures you'd use to make sure I have the stuff.  I can get a second possessed together by next wed no problem and I have some brethern and one darksoul.  Mutants are easy and I can just put together somemore beastmen if you want to use them.

Just work up a mock list and post it.  I can make sure I have to right stuff and point out anything I think you may want to correct and explain why.  Remember you start with 500 gold and only the equipment in your starting equipment, also make sure that the models you equip can use that equipment.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2009, 06:32:53 PM »
Hey Kevin,

I thought about this while I was away and got a list for the dwarves I wanna use, but yet have the modles for. To make it easier on you maybe it'd be quicker to make up a possessed and vampire list and we could use that for the first game? Renee would also like to atleast try a game.She hasn't read anything yet though so has no idea which facton she wants to use.  How's this Wednsday coming up look for ya?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2009, 01:38:54 AM »
wed is good for me,  if renee can make it I can just over see you two playing a game.  And go over it that way, and if you guys would like we can just proxy models for the warbands you would like to learn with.  That way you can see if you like the way they play before  you invest in models.  But like I said the warhammer figs are good to use for mordheim, I managed to make a decent beastman list with one box of beastmen.

Just let me know when you guys can get there, I can go over list making there with renee too if it helps her learn.  I can be at the store by 6, as long as work doesn't keep me.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2009, 04:32:32 PM »
wed at 6 than.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2009, 02:26:02 AM »
hey doug,

Let me know if you and the mrs. are down for sometimes next week.  You guys pretty much saw everything there is to the game, with the exception of a few things that rarely come up.  the witch hunters warband was well put together not too much I can suggest to improve it.  The dwarf's list was good, I would be inclined to suggest more troops to start just to help with rout testing. 

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2009, 03:22:27 PM »
Yeah I thought of that too. Not sure where I'll shave points from though. I'll give it some thought. Campaign play could be kind of fun. Oh, I have one of your possessed cultist guys. Grab it by mistake. Sorry he was taken hostage by my dwarves and when they got nothing, but cartoon quotes out of him they let him go. They felt sorry for him.   ;D He'll be returned to you when next  I'm at BG. The Mr.s enjoyed it too. I'll let you know about next week.

FYI  Also I know afew people saw us playing and thought about joining in. I mentioned you were running it and they'll talk to you.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 06:17:30 PM »
yea, thats ok. 

Look for a post later defining the guidlines later tonight.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2009, 08:36:28 PM »
 I've talked with the Mrs. and this week will be kind of tight fit, but this up coming Thrusday night will work to get another game in. Wednsday and Friday will not work this week for us.
 She enjoyed her warband and how it played. She was hoping to get in another game , or two before commiting to the leage/campaign play.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2009, 12:53:03 PM »
that is not a problem I will be free on thursday night.  Maybe if you guys feel up to it we can add in some additional elements like leveling your warband just to see how it can change the way you play.

One of the funniest things about this game is having close combat henchman group get a ballistic skill upgrade to improve shooting. 

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2009, 08:56:40 AM »
Or to have your fodder henchmen become better at actual combat than the Assasin that leads the warband.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2009, 01:27:55 PM »
Screw that I am a firm believer that when they designed that game they intended your leader to become a wussy.  My magister always dies!

Crushed by a minotaur, shot by a skaven, eaten by a vampire, once a nun donked me on the head.  Hell I think once he tripped while reading a map got a paper cut that then got infected and he died from it.  Died to a paper cut.

Wielder of the Chaotic forces my fuzzy tushy....

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #13 on: July 27, 2009, 03:43:26 PM »
That I agree with. One of my henchmen that got the upgrade due to his awesome talent, got equipped with the assasins weapons and he did better than the assasin ever did with them. Hell the Assasin went crazy due to his injuries.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2009, 04:23:58 PM »
man, its great that you can lose a guy in a game and he can be more awesome as a result.

like having a bad ass go to the pit!  Really I have a possessed go to the pit, thats just an easy +2 exp and a free 50gc.