Author Topic: GW's March 1st stuff (Knight Titan)  (Read 30956 times)

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: GW's March 1st stuff (Knight Titan)
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2014, 08:52:04 PM »
I find it ironic that only a few months ago when Escalation/Stronghold dropped, people were strongly against Titans/D weapons in regular games.. and now everyone is getting warm, fuzzy feelings over Imperial Knights lol.
Hmm, I think it's rather that those people now have plans away from 40k.

Was pretty excited about this the other day, the idea of making a Knight House Ad Mec army.  Then I got to thinking about just playing 40k again...and kind of lost interest.

lol, yea, kinda feel the same. I'll still play the marines I own but I think for the most part is on the other things. Luckily there is another miniature game being played on Thursday nights that has caught my interest.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2014, 09:34:00 PM »
Mat your definition of playable may differ from someone else's.  I would avoid making blanket statements.  :)

"or, rather, balanced....."

Anyway, I do think melee str D is less of an issue than ranged str D, because it's obviously more avoidable. 

But I just don't think superheavies are a good idea.  This thing, it still moves 12" and is tough as hell to put down.  It basically has the same threat ranges as am LR filled with assault termies, but 2x as durable, and doing basically infinite assault damage, for..........basically half the cost of the LR+termies.

I mean, it all looks very simple to me: Gw feels it has sold all the LRs and termies it is likely to (for instance).  SO we get this thing.  Which is very pretty.  But it's on-purpose broken rules to sell models.   

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2014, 09:52:41 PM »
Mat your definition of playable may differ from someone else's.  I would avoid making blanket statements.  :)

"or, rather, balanced....."

Anyway, I do think melee str D is less of an issue than ranged str D, because it's obviously more avoidable. 

But I just don't think superheavies are a good idea.  This thing, it still moves 12" and is tough as hell to put down.  It basically has the same threat ranges as am LR filled with assault termies, but 2x as durable, and doing basically infinite assault damage, for..........basically half the cost of the LR+termies.

I mean, it all looks very simple to me: Gw feels it has sold all the LRs and termies it is likely to (for instance).  SO we get this thing.  Which is very pretty.  But it's on-purpose broken rules to sell models.

6th edition has become an arms race

Riptides, wraithknights, relentless grav guns, heldrakes: these are the nukes every country has to have to remain a threat

D weapons: these are the biological weapons that no country wants to make legal for use in civilized war

What's next?

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2014, 10:42:37 PM »
What's next?

Next is Codex: Brad Club, which will have one entry and no fluff. 

Brad Powers:                                                                              1000 points
WS:11 BS:11 S:2D+1 T:23 W:24 I:10 S:1+++

Special rules:
Awesomeness: When Brad Powers is deployed, your opponent dies.  Because reasons.

Nuclear weapons?  pssssht
Chemical weapons?  kids stuff

Brad Club?  Run for the hills
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

MM3791

• God
« Reply #34 on: February 19, 2014, 12:56:29 AM »
*Shrug* I play Orks, so I really never thought about how StrD Melee interacted with MCs...especially since Orks do not have an MC.  I remember alot of the heartache was around the 900 pt uncatchable Eldar thing that threw out 2 str D blasts a turn and the cheap Necron that did Str D flame templates.  I do not remember any heartburn over, say a Stompa, with a StrD melee weapon.

You are probably right that since it is imperial no body really cares.

It's not just MCs.. Killa Khans, Dreadnaughts, and other walkers will get sliced like a lightsaber through a battledroid.

Not if its a bloodthrister or carnifex that actually NEEDs to get into combat to, um.. win.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: February 19, 2014, 01:23:56 AM »
I didn't say it's a good thing, I feel quite the opposite, it's just less bad. 

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: February 19, 2014, 08:37:18 AM »
It's not just MCs.. Killa Khans, Dreadnaughts, and other walkers will get sliced like a lightsaber through a battledroid.

Killa Kans and Dreads get shredded by incoming fire way before the get into melee, but I understand the point.  Still do not like StrD, but melee D is more tolerable.

What's next?

Next is Codex: Brad Club, which will have one entry and no fluff. 

Brad Powers:                                                                              1000 points
WS:11 BS:11 S:2D+1 T:23 W:24 I:10 S:1+++

Special rules:
Awesomeness: When Brad Powers is deployed, your opponent dies.  Because reasons.

Nuclear weapons?  pssssht
Chemical weapons?  kids stuff

Brad Club?  Run for the hills

Can I battle brother ally Brad into my super fluffy White Scars+Imperial Guard+Tau Firebase Formation+Cypher Data Slate+Inquisition Army?
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

MM3791

• God
« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2014, 08:45:33 AM »
The legend of big D.. is a story that papa bloodthirsters tell baby bloodthirsters in order to get them to behave.

"If you don't settle down, THE D MAN GONNA GET YA BOY!!" hahaha

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: February 19, 2014, 09:31:04 AM »
Can I battle brother ally Brad into my super fluffy White Scars+Imperial Guard+Tau Firebase Formation+Cypher Data Slate+Inquisition Army?

You can, but when Brad hits the table, all your other models die.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #39 on: February 19, 2014, 05:37:56 PM »
Is brad powers a scoring unit?
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Sir_Prometheus

• God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: February 19, 2014, 05:59:26 PM »
No, but tabling always wins. 

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:26 PM »
And I instantly destroy all enemy and friendly non-Brad models, thus guaranteeing victory.  Unless I deep-strike mishap.  Fortunately, I don't scatter.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: February 19, 2014, 07:02:51 PM »
So Potentially Grey Knights can stop Brad if he deep strikes. Grey Knights OP!
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #43 on: February 19, 2014, 09:19:53 PM »
I like it. I think that the rules are good but not broken good. The paladin and the errant versions have 6 hull points. That's not alot.  It's a superheavy walker.  So what... it can shoot at multiple targets. Riptides can do this too. Personally i think all vehicles should be doing this already. It does get Stomp which is a little much but fairly easy to avoid. Unstoppable Behemoth basically means it can't be one shot killed. Again so what.. A S-D ccw, powerful yes, broken no. Don't assault it with your bloodthirster assault it with a large squad of peons. It can only kill 3 a turn. The weapons we know about aren't overpowered. The shielding is good  kinda like the eldar holo field on one facing which is nice since it doesn't get an armor save or invulnerable save.
I may have to get 2 when tax money comes.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #44 on: February 19, 2014, 10:12:13 PM »
I like it. I think that the rules are good but not broken good. The paladin and the errant versions have 6 hull points. That's not alot.  It's a superheavy walker.  So what... it can shoot at multiple targets. Riptides can do this too. Personally i think all vehicles should be doing this already. It does get Stomp which is a little much but fairly easy to avoid. Unstoppable Behemoth basically means it can't be one shot killed. Again so what.. A S-D ccw, powerful yes, broken no. Don't assault it with your bloodthirster assault it with a large squad of peons. It can only kill 3 a turn. The weapons we know about aren't overpowered. The shielding is good  kinda like the eldar holo field on one facing which is nice since it doesn't get an armor save or invulnerable save.
I may have to get 2 when tax money comes.

i agree with pretty much all your points fallen

6hp on a av13/12 chassis: big whup, you don't bubble wrap it, it's still getting meltad and all it takes is a explodes result and a lucky roll on the additional D3

shoot at multiple targets: it's got a gun that's actually good for something then it has heavy stubbers... oh noes!

D CC weapon: sure it MIGHT insta kill something, but theres so much STR10 in CC already nowadays if you get in CC with this thing your either going to lose it or get bogged down and taken out of the game

they are cool as hell there is no denying, but a Riptide is half the price and properly buffed and kitted out has better durability and "cheating" like twin linked and ignores cover

i'm still gonna run 3 at some event in the future, sure i won't win but ill have FUN not winning!!!