Author Topic: hardcore morheim league  (Read 22938 times)

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
hardcore morheim league
« on: September 04, 2009, 11:12:15 PM »
anyone want to start a new mordheim league with some money on the line? maybe $5-30 a person? let me know. any day pretty much but wednesdays is good now

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: hardcore morheim league
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2009, 01:03:25 AM »
hmmmmm.

so you plan to run a league on say a thursday with an entry fee?

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2009, 10:04:10 AM »
idk about me but people were asking about it this wednesday at the league so i figure if they want a real league why not put some money make it a lil bit more interesting and do like fixed pairings

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2009, 02:25:49 PM »
what makes the current league not real???

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2009, 02:37:35 PM »
ok, on wed I'll talk to the rest of the people involved.  If the general concensus is that people would enjoy a more restricted format with a prize, then we will talk to Derek about making that happen.

I also have heard that the store has been rather busy on Wed as of late, so I will be talking to Derek to see if there is a night that would be able to accomidate us a little better.  If anyone has any restrictions please let us know so we can try to plan accordingly.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2009, 07:11:07 PM »
im just posting what ive heard and it sounded cool. im open except wednesdays right now.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2009, 11:30:20 PM »
I was talking to chase earlier, and it seems that moving to thursdays maybe a better day.

The Flames of War and Magic guys look to be regulars on that day.  I will talk with everyone that shows on Wed about starting up something with a more restricted format.  Basically, the entry fee would be $5, games would be set-up.  We will use the mordheim map in the back of the store to rank players.  The winner will be the first player to reach the end point and defend the spot.

Other aspects of the game will be discussed on this up coming wed.  We will start the new league when all players interested or involved in this current league have been informed. 

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2009, 11:30:54 AM »
im only available till 9 on thursdays would that be a problem?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2009, 02:35:22 PM »
Well, I doubt that it would.

I think for a league that would involve some form of prize at the end we are better off with games that would be setup on one night a week.  But the games themselves could be played on a different day entirely as long as it was good for both players to do so.

Tonight I am going to be talking to everyone about the whole thing, taking input and going over how the new league would work.  Basically though, players would be cut down to two games a week.  That doesn't mean you couldn't play for fun or anything, just that any games beyond what is organized  would not count.  We also need to discuss a fair entry fee, I'm leaning towards no more than 5 dollars.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2009, 01:12:12 AM »
so is there any progress toward starting the new league?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2009, 01:21:25 PM »
yes there is, I will post the details later.  But we are planning to start serpt 30th with a 5$ entry fee.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2009, 10:01:08 PM »
thats a wednesday so wouldnt it be october 1st? if its wednesdays will anyone be available to play another day?

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2009, 01:49:15 AM »
ya I'm sorry I meant the 1st, I looked at the calendar too quickly.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2009, 11:13:47 AM »
ok ill be there then ill either be playing carnival or possesed again havent decided yet

tcliff86

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2009, 02:04:18 AM »
Hey guys,

if I want to get in on this, should I be speaking up now or is the roster going to be handled later, or whats up?

thanks
-Tim