Author Topic: hardcore morheim league  (Read 22934 times)

skavengear

Re: hardcore morheim league
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2009, 09:20:51 AM »
hey kevin i got a few questions:
a. do we have to keep the same warband or is it simply point based?
b. if i have more than one unholy relic can i pass multiple rout checks?
c. lets do 3 games, 1 is too few of games for people to bother coming and we should hold list copies after each game so theres no cheating or one person getting 1,000 extra games in and slaughtering those who only play the tournament sanctioned games  ;D

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2009, 09:34:48 PM »
A) yes you are to keep the same warband for the run of this event.  Otherwise it would make the exp from each game pointless.  And there is no way you can justify transfering experience between warbands since upgrades from leveling is random.

B) Unholy relic allows you to pass the first leadership based test in a game.  This applies to rout tests, but if you leader had to take another leadership based test it would also get used on that. So be wary of psychology test (i.e. fear, stupidity, all alone, etc.)  The relic is good for only one use per game.

C) We will not be doing three games unless people really call for it, we will meet next week and see if we can up it to two games a week.  If the majority wants that then we shall go with it. 

It would go without saying that the only games that count are the ones that are setup by me.  If there is a reason to suspect any fudging of warband sheets I will question someone on the upgrades.  For example if someone had a character that managed to level multiple times in one game his opponent would remember and I record the matches.  So I will be able to check to see if the stories match up.
 All equipment, warrior, and rare items are to be purchased directly after a game with your opponent present.  There is no going home and deciding on whether or not to buy something for next game.  If it can wait till before your next game then it can wait for after your next game.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2009, 01:54:52 AM »
for anyone interested these are the results from the first week of games.
                                                             win/lose
Tim (Dwarfs)                                              1/0
Rich B. (Carnival)                                        0/1
Rich C. (Orcs+Goblins)                                 0/1
Bill (sisters of sigmar)                                  0/1
Jared (Beastmen)                                       1/0
Dave G. (Skaven)                                       1/0
Dave G.2 (Possessed)                                  0/1
Tim F. (Undead)                                         to be played
Kevin (Beastmen)                                       1/0

If anyone is interested in joining in it is not to late.  The entry fee is $5, and the league is set to run for another 5 weeks.  Just contact the store for more information.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:03:13 PM by jesterofthedark »

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2009, 07:07:05 PM »
I'm sorry,  Dave I mis-read your question on the relic.

A holy/unholy is used on the first leadership test a model takes.  So, once used that relic can no longer be used.  So You could use multiple relics if they were on different models and the models in question were the ones taking the current rout check. 

This would involve your leader A) taking a rout check, then the relic is used.  Then the leader would have to be removed from the game and another hero with the relic would be responsible for the next test and so on.  So it is unlikely that this tactic will pay off, but having many relic does help.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2009, 11:52:35 PM »
ok so i couldnt just make a new 500gc warband and still keep my win? its fine if i can or cant i can see where it wouldnt be fai. also, this thursday the 8th is my birthday and im not 100% on my plans so if you could post my opponent on this board thatd be helpful:)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2009, 01:43:40 AM »
Ok, do you know when you will be available to play your game? because I know of at least one other player that can not make it that night either.  So, pairing you two would work out for everyone if you can agree on an alternate day.

As far as starting a new band but keeping your wins, I would lean on the side of no.   This is mainly to avoid certain conversations, if someone was to start a band over in week three and then lose to a more experience band there may be comments.  And there is no fair way to transfer experence from an existing band to a new one.  Using this logic I would think it best if everyone just stuck with the warband they start with.  Unless you would for some reason like to just start fresh, but I see that as being less than productive for a player trying to win.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2009, 08:48:54 AM »
thats what i meant was to make a totally new band with the 500gc no exp or anything except the "win" for game 1, not the actual winning exp from game 1, just the point. but ill stick with skaven for this league, maybe there will be another thursday league after this one with the same idea. as for pairings thats fine who is it? im probablly able to come down friday for a quick game if thats good for them, the day after the actual week starts?

skavengear

« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2009, 09:01:55 AM »
hey why dont we have a "mega battle" for week 6 or 7 as the finals where every kill awards a point, as a way of basically giving the player in last place to still have a shot at winning, or first place pulling a hat-trick (cough cough me ::)) thatd be a pretty freakin intense way to end ssomething like this. i think itd work  ;D

skavengear

« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2009, 09:04:00 AM »
we have 9 players?! how the hell does this work out? maybe somebody will play to even it out. or a random multiplayer game each week?

skavengear

« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2009, 09:08:47 AM »
oh yeah i think skavens all set cuz im def gonna have next to no leadership tests bwah hahaha :D
all i need to do is keep rolling surprise attacks and not having ADD and saying ill defend...

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2009, 08:32:38 PM »
trying to think of the best way to work two games a week.  Right now I'm leaning towards setting up a game and having players play each other twice in a week.  But, the idea does not seem well received. 

I am also thinking of ammending the scenerios to exclude suprise attack, since most of the time it favors the attacker more than anything.  I'll put this up to a vote thursday, everyone think about what you would prefer.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2009, 11:39:49 PM »
do it based on points. example i could play you week 2 game 1 because we have 1 point. the 0s play the 0s. then week 2 game 2 check the points and do the pairings again id play the 3s. so basically the winner is the one who has lucky number 7 points. the best way to settle this fairness crap is to screw scenarios and do it my way: last member of a warband standing wins each game. now thats a true test to whos the best ahahaha that means some people would be losing up to fifteen people if they dont rout! nice. but the pairing is how most tournament are done to keep everytin fair

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 06, 2009, 12:23:25 AM »
I was actually thinking of doing a variation of what you suggested, that whole winner's only fight winners pyramid taps out by week three or four depending on the amount of players.  As it stands right now I am leaning towards pairing all the winners against each other, and everyone that lost against each other.  The variation is that we just base the pairings on the week before, so there really is no grouping of winners and losers just matches based on the previous weeks games.  This works out well for this week since I know two players most likely will not make it to thursday nights meeting and two other players will probably not be able to play a game till around 8 or 9 o'clock anyway. 

As for last man standing, the problem with that is that is makes warbands with cheap henchmen groups over powered.  And undead band could hire the vampire with almost no equipment and have 19 zombies that are a pain to kill.  So, we will do the missions, I just am thinking about removing some of the ones that tend to be no fun for either player.

Dave I am assuming at this point that you will not be able to make it thursday, so I will need to know alternative days you can be available so I can set you up against someone.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #43 on: October 06, 2009, 10:13:56 AM »
i can stop by friday or sat/sun anytime after 1. actually random pairings are still in my favor we should keep them:)

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #44 on: October 06, 2009, 10:31:03 AM »
replace the unfair matches with a capture the flag and first blood match: first team to kill wins