Author Topic: new ebberon campaign  (Read 8908 times)

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
new ebberon campaign
« on: October 17, 2009, 10:45:54 AM »
i took the liberty of making a section for our new campaign since we tpkd from a potato lich. unless there is an dispute over the position i will be party leader and a bard (making a prescient and valorous). scary the one who wants to smash every door and kill everything is representing the party (but thats ebberon for you). if you need healing TOO BAD instead im gonna have you stay there and fight like a man! cough cough torgias cough

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
Re: new ebberon campaign
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2009, 01:24:25 PM »
hey josh just some suggestions for a ebberon campaign (since ive done alot in the past): lv 1 we meet, the next heroic level we discover the plot, paragon we investigate it, then epic we kill it? of course im talking about the source of the day of mourning and why it happened and preventing a reoccurance. also note a huge part of eberron is that everything is in groups of 13: 12 and a secret/hidden 13th. such as the mount rushmore for hobogoblin kings it has 13 heads and the 13th has a secret room in the mouth with a ghostly warrior who challenges a pc for his weapon (they actually force dms to use the encounter if pcs decide to explore the area in 3.5) i personally love eberron, the only thing that will piss you off is they dont spell chack their books for errrrs like theesw.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2009, 03:12:40 PM »
if we start this week (october 23rd) it will end up better in the long run because we avoid every single holiday

THEgeek

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2009, 12:14:03 AM »
im going to be playing a half-ling sorcerer with wild magic
"Im going to charge the dragon(<wizard), "are you f**ng kidding me Jared"

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2009, 08:50:41 AM »
ok were all set for ranged dps and leader. my leadership demands barbarians! and anything with high melee basic attacks. maybe a defender who has a useful marks unlike certain defenders cough swordmage cough. my bard chose ardent strike as his half-elf power because this was supposed to be more of a roleplaying story.

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2009, 07:39:38 PM »
Welp all my PCs are made now just got to figure out what one to play.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2009, 11:37:12 PM »
if there is any help i can offer it is that my dead set character is from karrnath and house deneith. he is probably the most militant bard on the face of khorvaire and has previously served as a bodyguard and diplomat for king kaius. if youre from a rival nation (technically any other nation) i will (via roleplaying) hate you. but who wouldnt wana be from a nation where you serve in an army then die only to serve again?

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2009, 11:58:08 PM »
Its really a toss up right now, I have my cleric (supa heals go!), Fey pact lock (poof! gone) and my invoker.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2009, 10:11:31 AM »
i would not go invoker since most things in eberron will run up and smack you before you get a chance to run. you dont need super heals cuz my character heals and gives temps and defense boosts every round but alot lower than yours definitly. theres no arguing that my bard is very unbard-like (he doesnt sing he shouts and makes war chants and stays in melee like a fighter would)

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2009, 12:56:52 PM »
First off most things in any world will run up and smack you in the face.  Telling someone not to play a class because of that logic means why should anyone play anything that has any ranged abilities, for things will just run up and smack you in the face anyway.  Second off the Party Leader should be decided in game by character, if you can gain the trust or the attention of the party and be effective then you lead, if you can not then you don't.  Leadership is not designated by the 'role' of the class you play but by your ability. 

I haven't decided what class I wish to play yet but I'll probably have a few made up like last time and fit a niche that is needed and if not something that won't step on toes.

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2009, 02:56:59 PM »
sorry steve and billy i think you took it the wrong way i was only trying to help. as far as my character i realized that the bravura warlord almost does the same exact thing i want so i may just do what you guys are and have about 3-4 characters. the first game (which is when?) we should simply pass around each others sheets and take vote and make a well oiled machine instead of everyone trying to be the best or build something that wont end up useful (like me). im looking at these: earthstrength warden, bravura warlord, and a paladin
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 07:51:56 PM by gladiator7907 »

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2009, 09:50:05 PM »
Honestly Dave I am getting really sick and tired of your elitist attitude that you are having lately. We are going to play what we want to play however we want to play it. There is really no "right" way to make a PC. What is even more annoying is the fact that you just stated that you are the only one that can make a usefull PC, witch is absolutly incorrect you make them they way you see fit. I for one is getting really sick of it and do not want to see it continued, I know for a fact that there are more in the group that feel the same way I do. If this presists it will not end well. So I would check your attitude have more fun and just relax. Remeber It's just a game

-Bill

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2009, 10:47:41 AM »
first of all youre saying im elitist and not relaxing, yet youre leaving me threats? as i said before, i was only kidding around and having fun i was never saying anything to make myself better than you i was simply commenting on my character. i created a backround that fit a valorous bard. i never once said "fuck you im better than this whole group dont play this" all i did was make mild suggestions to help in decision making and in fact, bill, you have done this plenty yourself talking about how youre character was better and above mine and telling me what build is best. i was the one kidding oh ill be party leader blah blah blah. if you dont want me in the group thats your opinion fine. but i will not take you threatening me over making little jokes. this is a game and is made to have fun, which was what i was doing.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2009, 11:17:15 AM by gladiator7907 »

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2009, 01:34:22 PM »
It doesn't bother me which Friday we start on.

As I said before, I will be making different defender builds; one each for warden, fighter and paladin with different races for each.

As for the ongoing discussion about character (and player) roles and attitudes, it would probably be best to wait until our characters meet up and decide how they will interact with other based on stuff they actually do rather than just what the character's background indicates.  Adventuring does make for strange bedfellows after all.
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2009, 02:27:18 PM »
All I am going to say in response to you Dave that is "IF" you are kidding around watch how you word things cuz in your post before my last you dont sound like your kidding around. Just watch how you word things.