Author Topic: Eberron Info & Campaign Logbook  (Read 3329 times)

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Eberron Info & Campaign Logbook
« on: October 22, 2009, 12:30:07 PM »
Here are a few links to some basic Eberron information.  My plan is to update this thread as players explore the world and make relevant knowledge checks to learn new stuff.  Visit this thread for updates on NPCs and current information on what the party knows about people, places, and things.

Two things to comment on:

• Some of us have a lot more knowledge of the Eberron game than others.  (Dave has played in the setting before, and I think at least one other person in the group knows a lot about the setting.)  In the interest of keeping spoilers to a minimum, please don't just give out info you may know as the party travels, or at least try and keep it to a minimum!  Giving players a chance to learn things for themselves about Eberron makes things all the more wondrous.  If you really want to have lots of knowledge about the world, you'll need to make a character with good knowledge history/religion/arcana and make checks to know stuff.  My suggestion is to go with knowledge history if you want access to lots of obscure general knowledge.

• I'm going to be putting my own spin on Eberron, but I'd like to keep things pretty close to the 4th ed. printed material.  If I make a weird booboo or say something wrong, you can feel free to moan about it at the table.  (Rick is good at this.)  I make mistakes of course and will try and correct myself.  IF, HOWEVER, you instead blurt out lots of very sensitive or secret campaign knowledge, I may decide to completely change the nature of the person/place/thing you blurted out the secret info for.  You just told everyone at the table that the ruler of the ancient kingdom is actually a polymorphed dracolich and ruler of a secret cult?  Well, now the ruler is a polymorphed pixie-faerie and master of a secret pastry shop.  Messing up the setting like this won't be pleasing to hardcore Ebberon fans, so it's my way of keeping them in line.  (heh heh heh.)  I'm sure such antics will amuse Steve as well, and he's always more interesting when he's amused.

That's it for my little spoiler blurb!
« Last Edit: October 22, 2009, 12:46:21 PM by Guu »

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Eberron Info & Campaign Logbook
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2009, 12:44:44 PM »
Here are a few links to some very basic Eberron info you can skim.  It's by no means required, but I thought I'd provide some info for people who want it:

Draconic Prophecy and Dragon Marks
  • Draconic Prophecy-  Just one more way the GM can screw with the plot.
  • Dragon Marks- A way for the players to get revenge on the GM screwing with the plot.  Of course, you're rather inviting the GM to screw with your character...
  • Dragonmarked Houses- Long and complicated, but suffice it to say that dragonmarked folks hang out in 'families' based on their marks.  They can be powerful institutions...

The World and the Last War
  • The World- Just a paragraph on a basic world overview.
  • The Last War- A brief note on how the last war occurred and ended.  Basically, it was a massive war of succession and a power grab after the king of Galifar died.  It went on for 100 years and ended when Cyre was destroyed in a magical nuclear holocaust known as the mourning.
  • The Mournland- (Spoiler heavy!) Information on what's left of Cyre after the mourning, not a bad read and can give you a feeling for what the mournland, at least, is about.

That's pretty heavy stuff.  Obviously, clicking around through these links can lead you into some pretty heavy spoiler information.  If you want to keep your knowledge of the setting to a minimum, then don't read too deeply.  You'll be able to get access to all forms of common knowledge by making basic (DC 10~15) knowledge checks in game.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2009, 12:47:05 PM »
Important Non-Player Characters!

Allies
  • Atwell Truehart- A young man of affluence whose father was a powerful wizard.  Atwell has travelled to Sharn to seek adventurers to rescue his sister from Aric Blacktree.  He speaks with a southern drawl and is a bit naďve.  The party rescued his sister from Aric Blacktree and can likely count on Atwell's support should they need him in the future.

• The Duchess of Ackers- Captain of the Bloodied Virgin and self-stylized pirate queen in the service of High Prince Ryger ir’Wynarn.  She's tough to look at but worth her weight in a fight.  No one is sure of her real name and simply call her the Duchess.

• Lord Major Bren ir'Gadden-  A Brelish officer and nobleman who the players rescued during the Battle of Saerun Road on the day of morning.  Bren maintains an elaborate estate in Sharn which acts as the PC base of operations.  His connections have also been helpful in getting information for the players.

Enemies
  • Aric Blacktree-  A former retainer of Bren ir'Gadden, Aric has gained an ‎aberrant dragonmark through manipulation of a shard of draconic prophecy related to the player characters. The players have defeated and seemingly slain Aric no less than three times, the most recent of which involved killing his undead form after he was resurrected by the Blood of Vol as a Lich.  It is unlikely Aric can return again.

• The Emerald Claw- (Will add when I have my campaign guide.)

• The Blood of Vol- (Will add when I have my campaign guide.)

« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:15:57 PM by Guu »

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2009, 12:47:35 PM »
Important Place Info!

Reserved for future addtions!

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2009, 12:48:04 PM »
Important objects!
Reserved, y'know.

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2009, 12:48:48 PM »
Important Events!

Prelude
  • The Twisting of the Prophecy-  Aric Blacktree attempted to manipulate a part of the draconic prophecy that deals with the player characters.  He gained an aberrant dragonmark of command and used it to manipulate and control those around him.  He made several attempts on the PCs lives.  In the end, the players defeated him and kept his head as a trophy.  Recently Aric's head was stolen and he was resurrected as a lich.  Now a slave to the Blood of Vol, Aric will use his mark of command to enslave the Dragon of Ice Shear Isle.  The Blood of Vol intends to transform this dragon into a dracolich.
  • The Trueharts- Aric Blacktree attempted to force a wedding between himself and Lisette Truehart, planning to raid the Truehart family treasures and discover another shard of Draconic Prophecy.  The players defeated Aric Blacktree and saved Lisette Truehart from his enslavement, earning the gratitude of Atwell Truehart and the Truehart family.
  • Blacktree Ascendant- Aric was resurrected as a lich by the Blood of Vol.  Aric traveled to the Lhazaar Principalities, seeking the Dragon of Ice Shear Isle in an attempt to transform the monster into a dracolich.  The party tracked Aric down and defeated him once and for all, putting an end to the threat of the Dragon of Ice Shear Isle at the same time.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2010, 03:22:06 PM by Guu »

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 12:56:53 PM »
Important Groups!
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 01:46:48 AM by Guu »

gladiator7907

• Heroic Tier Level 2
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2009, 07:30:34 PM »
no telling campaign secrets? like... DARTH VADER IS LUKES FATHER!!! bwahahahaha now the game is ruined if we ever have to go to a galaxy far far away (now we face a potato sith lord)