Author Topic: The Dragonfather's servents - Building Cryx  (Read 8674 times)

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
Re: The Dragonfather's servents - Building Cryx
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2008, 11:29:04 PM »
LOL

I would have done matalics first but I didn't think I could get around them with the other paint. Definitely a mistake on my part but I think I will have to live with it in this case.

The issue is raised metalic trim. If I do it first I brush up against it. If I do it last... I can never get it to look right and inevitably brush over painted areas.

In this case it is compounded by being on edges that get handled during painting so some of it had to be last.

I think better brush control over time will help.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 06, 2008, 10:17:22 AM »
I always clean up my metallics by covering stray strokes with black. That lets my other colors avoid metallic problems.

With the stray stroke thing, it's important to remember that inks will subdue a lot of it.t
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: November 21, 2008, 06:08:27 PM »
Any recent progress?
beep bop boop

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #33 on: November 22, 2008, 12:18:26 PM »
No major recent progress. Still plugging away at the Bane Knights. I should be able to work on them on Monday but that won't be enough time to finish them.
The green is proving a lot harder to put on than I thought it would be. I didn't realize how much harder it would be to paint them with the arms attached. When I did a test model it was just the torso. I guess next time I might try painting before assembling (and never doing Bane Knights again should help as well).

I did get the (1 piece) pistol wraith glued to his base ;) so I can use that at 500 now.