Author Topic: DC Orders 200K 'Watchmen'  (Read 2363 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
DC Orders 200K 'Watchmen'
« on: July 25, 2008, 02:15:55 PM »
DC Orders 200K 'Watchmen'
Response to Trailer 'Off the Charts'
July 24, 2008

ICv2 has learned that, based on the overwhelming response to the Watchmen movie trailer accompanying The Dark Knight, DC Comics has ordered a huge new printing of 200,000 copies of Alan Moore and Dave Gibbons’ Watchmen graphic novel.  A DC spokesperson told ICv2 that after the movie trailer hit DC was receiving huge orders for the Watchmen graphic novel from every channel.

Even before the Watchmen movie trailer hit the Watchmen graphic novel was already the top-selling American graphic novel in the bookstore market thus far in 2008.  In the wake of the launch of the movie trailer Watchmen trade shot up to #5 on Amazon.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Unit04

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
Re: DC Orders 200K 'Watchmen'
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 04:20:02 PM »
I picked it up last week after watching the trailer.  Good stuff.  You can tell where they lifted frames right from the comic to the trailer (and presumably the movie). 

Matt Thomas

• Heroic Tier Level 6
  • My name is Matt and I am a pinning addict.
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 05:11:08 PM »
I picked it up last week after watching the trailer.  Good stuff.  You can tell where they lifted frames right from the comic to the trailer (and presumably the movie). 
V was very similar. I liked the changes they made but it was VERY close to the graphic novel.

I never read watchmen... maybe I will have to pick up one of those 200k copies ;-)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 05:12:43 PM »
You can borrow mine.
beep bop boop

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 05:41:17 PM »
Watchmen is a good read but not my favorite Moore title.  It is worth reading a few times  actually.

Don't forget that buying is good and all but you can get copies of this (and other GNs like the Batman ones and whatnot) from your local library.  Sorry, had to do the plug.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes