Author Topic: Motivation  (Read 5371 times)

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
Motivation
« on: July 27, 2008, 04:10:44 PM »
I have none.  I am posting on a message board when I should be finishing a paper.  More importantly, I am losing the will to work on my Shadowsword, Scabeithrax, Plaguetower, guard, vanquishers, various chimera hulled IG vehicles, Daemons, plague marines, flyers and some other crap that will show up as I work on others.

How do you get motivated to work on your models?

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Re: Motivation
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2008, 04:39:59 PM »
If you don't finish your paper, you will fail whatever class you're taking.  In doing so, you will never be able to achieve the rank you feel you deserve again and will eventually drop out.  By dropping out the well-paying job you have now will fire you and you will be forced to fall into a job for just barely above minimum wage,  needing to take 3 jobs jut to make enough to stay alive and where you are.  Everybody you know will most likely disown you as you take a turn for the worst, and you will lose all companionship.  You will eventually need to sell all of your models just to pay the next month's rent/mortgage payment, but because you will not have been able to pay for the internet any more you won't be able to get rid of them.  Because gasoline is so expensive, you won't be able to afford to make trips to game stores like Battleground in order to sell it, so you will have them while your house is taken away from you.  Your friends?  Forget that, as I've said before they will have all left you as you probably began to do some sort of drugs.  Your life as a gamer will be over, and any chance at a life you had imagined will be gone.  Chances are you will die younger as you starve on the street.  So painting will be the least of your worries.

I'd say you should finish your paper.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2008, 04:55:00 PM by Rob S »
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2008, 05:09:37 PM »
I've got a little less than half a page left and I am thinking over my conclusion.  I could pass this in as is and still get an A in this class.  Yay for 100 level classes.

I ride my bike to work, BG wouldn't be much more of a stretch for me.  :P

Liquid motivation is here now that the coffee is done brewing.  OOoooo thunder outside...

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2008, 05:11:58 PM »
Did you just hear that giant blast of thunder?

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2008, 05:22:34 PM »
Yeah.  It was pretty cool.  Best part of being so close to Weymouth I hear much more thunder and see more lightning in this part of Quincy.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2008, 05:55:32 PM »
Almost done...

Then tell me how to stay motivated to build and paint!

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2008, 04:40:38 PM »
Dont buy so many damn models... even though it is irresistable.
1. If your going to a tournament make sure you get everything painted that your using, that way you have at least 1500-2000pts painted. Then change what you are using and get then next list all painted.
2. Force yourself to paint, just sit down listen to music, watch tv or what ever you do while you paint and get stuff done
3. Have someone do it for you
4. Dont listen to rob

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2008, 04:45:36 PM »

4. Dont listen to rob

That's generally good advice for any situation.

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2008, 10:49:42 PM »
Well for me, painting relaxes me. See if you guys didnt know me just because of Battleground you wouldnt even think i would have the patcience to paint...but i do. As of Motivation, i just sit down in a quite room and paint, rite now im painting for the 23rd's tournament and the Megabattle. (even thought i only have half the models i need and i painted about 1200 points last night)

P.S. Rich when will you be down at bg next for those terminators you wnat and possibly that Plague Marine?

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2008, 11:12:33 PM »
Almost done...

Then tell me how to stay motivated to build and paint!

Caffine!   Caffine! Caffine! Caffine! Caffine! Caffine! Caffine! Caffine!

It works for me.
 ;D

~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2008, 12:19:48 AM »
Caffine is the great motivator. It's odd, I started drinking it while writting my paper and listening to Korpiklaani.  Not only did I finish my paper, I worked on my plague tower more.  Now I found my motivation, work is stealing my time.  Dave, I'll give it a whirl.  Tournaments and events do motivate me.

Either not enough time or not enough motivation.  40k is a wicked harlot.

I'll try to give some notice the next time I am BG so you can bring the termies.

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 02:22:46 AM »
i cant listen to korpiklaani without really wanting to play fantasy chaos. and someday i will. and all the standard bearers will have beer kegs...

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2008, 09:31:18 AM »
3. Have someone do it for you

This one works for me.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2008, 09:38:57 AM »
Now that you're working on you plaguetower, post some pictures. As a former death guard player, you have me all excited.

Also, you should be listening to Bolt Thrower when painting chaos.
beep bop boop

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2008, 11:12:00 AM »
I have the basic structure and guns on it although the plague mortar is being replaced with a three barrelled mortar (nurgle lol).   It's made of wood (thanks starbucks) and based on a baneblade lower chassis.  It needs more corpses, nurglings, piping and barrels for the puss.