Author Topic: Subsidary game (for the "off" weeks?  (Read 3698 times)

skavengear

Subsidary game (for the "off" weeks?
« on: April 17, 2010, 04:37:52 PM »
anyone want to try a game on the off weeks? i know steve cant make it but can anyone else not?

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
Re: Subsidary game (for the "off" weeks?
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 01:43:26 PM »
I'm pretty sure you'll have no luck with that.

Tom goes to a different game on off weeks, and I think Steve and Bill both have steady plans as well.  Rick I'm not sure about.

That being said, there are plenty of good times to get together at the store.  Have you ever stopped by there on a Wednesday night?

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 08:48:32 PM »
I might be interested depending on the circumstances.

For me it would be best if the game started and ended earlier than our current game.  I work a lot on Saturdays and if I get home late every Friday it would wear me out.  Plus eating Kam's rice every week wouldn't be healthy either, but I could probably do something about that.

In any case, keep me posted on what develops.
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 03:46:46 PM »
I done already told you to get away from Kam's.  Go up the road.

Better yet, try Gabriella's across the way there.  That stuff is pretty good.  Cheap too.

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 07:16:23 PM »
why not get chinese from plymouth right on the waterfront theres tons of good eats and if you work in plymouth 90% of the workplaces are a short walk from a chinese place, hell hr pyramid's neighbor is a chinese place. or theres sub galley and gabriellas, also tera nosa aint too shabby

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2010, 04:53:07 PM »
I can't get food from Plymouth before a game because it's a 70 mile round trip from the store.  The reason I game there is because it's close to where I work.

Alright, if somebody wants to go with me to Gabriella's 'across the way there' next game, then I'll try it.

More along the lines of the original topic, what kind of game would this be anyway?  4e?  3.5?  Or is it DnD at all?  I have books for various non D20 systems, mostly because I thought they were interesting.

-BESM (Big Eyes Small Mouth): the anime roleplaying game
-Paranoia XP: Where displaying knowledge of game rules beyond your clearance is treason punishable by the death of your character... usually at the hands of the other players.  What's your clearance?  That kind of curiousity sounds like... TREASON!  As a plus for people (Dave) that tend to average high PC death rates, every character you make comes with 6! free clones, with the option to buy more!!  And charges of treason against one of your previous clone brothers can't be held against you.  Well, probably...
-Shadowrun: Pretty complicated stuff, but for a futurisitic 'hard' sci-fi setting you can't do much better.

Just some thoughts.
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

skavengear

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2010, 10:43:13 AM »
i also have tried shadowrun, it made my brain hurt

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2010, 11:18:59 AM »
Shadowrun makes everyone's brain hurt.

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2010, 11:52:06 AM »
Shadowrun made your brain hurt, yet you slogged through FATAL? Interesting.

skavengear

« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2010, 11:59:48 AM »
I attempt to disbelieve.

shadowrun just seems to much centered on reaction and story and being i like combat-oriented games and characters, i do not enjoy a game where i can mow down everything, yet the rest of the party decided to hack or go into the vr and leave me stranded doing nothing.

aka. - me no likey technology

THEgeek

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2010, 07:00:13 PM »
paranoia sounds really fun, id be willing to play it but the part about having all my fridays filled in sucks
"Im going to charge the dragon(<wizard), "are you f**ng kidding me Jared"