Author Topic: D&D Encounters Season 2: Fury of the Wastewalker (Dark Sun)  (Read 11255 times)

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Re: D&D Encounters Season 2: Fury of the Wastewalker (Dark Sun)
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2010, 02:26:41 PM »
I don't know real history how would I know Dark Sun history?
Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

filthgrinder

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2010, 02:51:05 PM »
DUH!  How did you not know that obscure piece of fictional history Jess?! 

-K

Exactly, how could you not know that Nibenany (who named his city-state after himself) was originally Gallard the 6th Champion of Rajaat, the first sorcerer. Nibenany, also known as the shadow king, only has female templars, who are all "married" to him. He is the farthest along of all the sorcerer kings in his dragon transformation (disregarding Borys of Ebe, the dragon of Tyr, and Dregoth the lich).

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2010, 05:53:51 PM »
Gallard the 6th Champion of Rajaat  HOLY SHIT!

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2010, 09:32:51 AM »
Thanks for kicking ass last night :)  Easiest encounter to date!

I'm going to check out the character gen for ardents and see if I can maybe swap some stuff out to improve my chick (like my improved initiative, yeah I'll hold my move till after the tank).

jbtowers

« Reply #34 on: August 13, 2010, 05:39:21 PM »
DUH!  How did you not know that obscure piece of fictional history Jess?! 

-K

Exactly, how could you not know that Nibenany (who named his city-state after himself) was originally Gallard the 6th Champion of Rajaat, the first sorcerer. Nibenany, also known as the shadow king, only has female templars, who are all "married" to him. He is the farthest along of all the sorcerer kings in his dragon transformation (disregarding Borys of Ebe, the dragon of Tyr, and Dregoth the lich).
Someone has been reading their 2nd edition DS material. Are they rebooting the Prism Pentad books too?
Welcome Comrad! My friends are in the woods!

filthgrinder

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »
Someone has been reading their 2nd edition DS material. Are they rebooting the Prism Pentad books too?

No. However they did reprint them. The campaign guide specifically mentions the books and the 2nd material and says that they aren't the 4E history.

jbtowers

« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2010, 11:52:51 AM »
So does that mean that Rajaat is alive, or did he die some other way? I assume Tyr is still a free city since that was its central theme, and contributed to the potential weakening of the Sorceror Kings.

Then again, I could just buy the books and answer my own questions (and all the ones your answers will create).

I always loved Dark Sun. I hope they did it justice.

jbtowers

« Reply #37 on: August 16, 2010, 11:54:52 AM »
So does that mean that Rajaat is alive, or did he die some other way? I assume Tyr is still a free city since that was its central theme, and contributed to the potential weakening of the Sorceror Kings.

Then again, I could just buy the books and answer my own questions (and all the ones your answers will create).

Eastie04

• Heroic Tier Level 8
« Reply #38 on: August 16, 2010, 12:04:39 PM »
Double post FTW!

Just an FYI...I plan on making a Thri Kreen Striker.  For those folks that care.

-K

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: August 16, 2010, 02:56:35 PM »
Double post FTW!

Just an FYI...I plan on making a Thri Kreen Striker.  For those folks that care.

-K

I always care Kurt!

filthgrinder

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #40 on: August 16, 2010, 03:05:56 PM »

I think they did Dark Sun justice.
Rajaat isn't mentioned at all. The Campaign guide is a lot like the original box set. It sets up all these great locations, themes, and characters, and then wants the DM to use those as tools. They do mention the Prism Pentad novels, and say "that may or may not be the story of your version of Athas".  So if you want Rajaat to still be imprisoned in the black with the Dragon as his warden, you can.

It really does hearken back to the 1st box set in setting up this savage mysterious world, and not shackling it with canon. Thats great, since the 2E version got really bogged down in the cannon they introduced. The Prism Pentad blew up the world basically and the revised box set tried to expand it out a bit to give people some breathing room for games. 4E basically hits the reset button, but retains some of the cool stuff that came out afterwards.

The Campaign book is great, and the monster book has lots of goodies. I wasn't taken with the adventure, but I might warm to it after a second read through.

jbtowers

« Reply #41 on: August 16, 2010, 05:41:01 PM »
That is a great overview. I don't have any interest in 4th Edition, but I may have to at least pick up the setting book just for the sake of nostalgia.

Your feedback is very appreciated.

- Joe

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 18, 2010, 07:46:34 PM »
Dudes, do any of you know if the lvl 2 PC's were posted online anywhere?  If so, can you link me to them please?

Thanks.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

filthgrinder

• Heroic Tier Level 1
« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2010, 09:39:46 AM »
Dudes, do any of you know if the lvl 2 PC's were posted online anywhere?  If so, can you link me to them please?

Thanks.

The ones I used I found here on the D&D forums:

http://community.wizards.com/dungeonsanddragons/go/thread/view/91301/25199049/Pregen_Character_Sheets_for_Level_2

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2010, 05:39:32 PM »
Awesome, thanks Todd.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel