Author Topic: DST's 1/4th Scale Star Wars Figures  (Read 1641 times)

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
DST's 1/4th Scale Star Wars Figures
« on: July 31, 2008, 02:12:58 PM »
DST's 1/4th Scale Star Wars Figures
Due Out in Q4
July 30, 2008

Diamond Select Toys unveiled its 1/4 scale Star Wars figures at San Diego, and these fully articulated action figures that come with highly-detailed cloth costumes and sound chips were a sight to behold.  Each of the approximately 18” tall figures will retail for around $80 and the first figure (Darth Maul) should be out in the fourth quarter of 2008.

The figures displayed in San Diego include a Han Solo in a brown parka ready to do battle on the ice planet Hoth, a black-clad Darth Maul with his signature double light saber, Obi-wan Kenobi in his traditional brown cape, and a leather-jacketed Indiana Jones, who comes complete with a crystal skull accessory.

Reportedly a Luke Skywalker figure in full Jedi Knight regalia will join the line of 18” Star Wars figures in the not too distant future.  DST is also producing a line of Star Wars Figural Banks, a Millennium Falcon Vehicle Bank, and 1/3 scale rotocast Clone Trooper Figures.

Han Solo on Hoth

Darth Maul

Indiana Jones
« Last Edit: July 31, 2008, 02:16:07 PM by Battleground »
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
Re: DST's 1/4th Scale Star Wars Figures
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2008, 04:09:46 AM »
I think I saw something on this in Toyfare magazine a little while back.  Action figures are usually interesting to check out.  Not so much a fan of the larger size but I bet they'll do well with collectors.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes