Author Topic: Sunday Campaign.  (Read 2720 times)

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Sunday Campaign.
« on: July 16, 2010, 06:31:44 PM »
Ok, I texted all of you guys today to let you know about this thread so we can cut down on the confusion this sunday and get right to the game.

The adventure path you are entering is call the "Red Hand of Doom", it should take you from level 6-12. 

Character Creation: You will start at level 6 with 13,000 gold.

Races: I'm not going to be too restrictive in this aspect, if you pick a monster race you end up losing character levels as a result.  But, I do ask that you let me know what your planning to make so we can make sure that it fits.   A Rakasha wizard seems cool, but wouldn't make alot of sense adventuring with a group of humans without a good reason.

The back story I am presenting is that you are a group of mercenaries from a guild call the "Order of the Trident",  story wise this has nothing to do with the adventure path but will be relevent to your characters.  This orgainization is a well know army for hire.  Your group has been formed, you are not a random assortment of guys that happen to hang out.  So, keep that in mind with character creation.  That is why I would request that you guys post your characters on here, it helps to avoid everyone showing up and having issues with that fact that there is no "insert class you deem important to group composition".

Equipment: you pretty much have access to whatever your want and can afford with your starting money.  The Order is well established and in many respects operates like a kingdom more than a guild.  The only thing not on hand or easily attained are wonderous items.  If you want one then we will have talk.  You all start with 13,000 gold.  Things to keep in mind, don't forget normal adventuring gear.  A vorpal long sword is great but it doesn't cook your dinners.  Also, for spell casting, just keep in mind that space that spells will take up in a spell book.  Also, if you are creating scrolls, before you account for scrolls you are level 6 in exp.  So any scroll costs will come from that. 

Other than that I am interested to see what you guys come up with. 

O and to save time we will do future leveling by rolling hit points.  But to make sure we are all ready in time for the gameyou will start with max hit points at level one and gain half your hit die value plus your con score at every level.

Example, wizard lvl 6 with a 10 con score: 4(1st level)+ 2+2+2+2+2= 14 hit points at level 6, I know lame you don't have a chance to score max l33t point but you also avoid getting only 1 hit point at some level.  it will even out trust me.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
Re: Sunday Campaign.
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2010, 06:33:11 PM »
1st Character in the group is: (name to be annouce) Rafeeki
Holy Cleric of Pelor

Stats to be annouced later, I'll work with slandy to get him ready for sunday.  Now proceed with your group construction.

Cylonis

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2010, 02:13:23 AM »
I plan on playing a wizard.  Working on that now.

Cylonis

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2010, 01:46:09 AM »
Damn it Kevin why did you say we needed approval for all wondrous items?  Most of what I want are those things.  So let me ask for these basic ones.  Not sure if I will grab them but quite likely.
Bracers of Armor +1
Right of Protection +1
Gloves of Dexterity +1

And a question about magic armor.  Can a robe be enchanted with an armor bonus or does it actually have to be armor?

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2010, 02:12:22 AM »
robes can usually be enchanted the same as armor (but it starts at ac +0) unless kevin specifically wants it to be not allowed. also there are some robes that grant a +4 bonus to ac and have nifty effects that cost roughly the same as a +2 robe...

hope this helps you cylonis
~Dave

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 18, 2010, 11:12:59 AM »
all those items seem fine to me, just remember that an enhancement bonus adds to the ac bonus granted to armor.  But, misc stuff does not stack.  For instance two rings of protection +1 only grant +1 AC.  Same goes with spells like mage armor, it does not stack with armor bonuses because it is an armor bonus.

That having been said yes you can just get a +4 bonus to regular cloth armor. 

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2010, 11:14:44 AM »
Dave,

The +2 robes you are refering two are most likely wonderous items, not just magic items.  Wonderous items I am restricting because they are supposed to be a little harder to get your hands on than magic items.

Also this is a 3.5 game so if your thinking in terms of 4th the items are a lot different.

skavengear

« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2010, 11:50:29 AM »
sorry kevin, the magic item compendium i have sort of has these for chapters: weapons, armor, clothing, wonderous, item sets, etc. they are items such as robe of the inferno, robe of the archmage, impervious vestament. if you like, i can leave it at the store, its the last 3.5 book to come out with magic items and it has them all in one book and with some having errata-ed descriptions because some caused dms to scratch their heads (for example items that make water now make an x amount and food is up to a small banquet, so a player cant drown or suffocate a dungeon slowly.

also,  there is still the popular amulet of natural armor and bracers of armor for those squishy mages which i think he already knew.

Cylonis

« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2010, 02:37:10 PM »
Yeah I remember the same type of bonus doesn't stack stuff.  I'll have this done with maybe one thing for approval at 3.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2010, 06:14:31 PM »
Tim I need to you to post your character before next sunday so I know how to introduce you and if you need approval on any of the items you plan on taking.

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2010, 10:56:23 PM »
I'm working til 2:30 on Sunday. I should be there by 3

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2010, 11:52:32 PM »
ok, any idea of how early you'll have to be leaving? 

I am on call this weekend for the record, so we may have to end early anyway due to any calls I receive.  If it looks like my schedule will conflict I will txt all of you letting everyone know in as far advance as I can.