Author Topic: Grand Opening Celebration - Plainville - October 16th, 2010 [Now with details]  (Read 10420 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Grand Opening of Battleground Games & Hobbies in Plainville, MA Saturday, October 16th, 2010

We have a fantastic day of events and prizes lined up for the official Grand Opening of our second store in Plainville, Massachusetts. Magic the Gathering, Warhammer, Dungeons & Dragons, Warmachine, Pokemon, Flames of War, World of Warcraft CCG, War at Sea, Malifaux and a huge variety of board games will be more than enough to keep you busy for hours and hours.

Throughout the day, we’ll also be hosting a range of tournaments, demos, raffles and giveaways. We’ve set aside a great selection of prize packages that will be available to everyone that walks through the door. However, the longer you stay and the more you play will increase your chances to win some of the heaping piles of gamey goodness we’ll be raffling off.

There are several ways to earn raffle tickets at the Grand Opening. Here’s how it works:

• Just for showing up and filling out one of our Battleground Gamer Cards you will receive three raffle tickets.
• If you participate in three or more demos or tournaments you can earn an additional three raffle tickets.
• Anyone that actually wins one of our many tournaments throughout the day will earn even more raffle tickets (in addition to other prize support dependent on each individual tournament).
• For every $10 you spend throughout the day, you will earn another raffle ticket.
• If you spend at least one hour running a demo for the store (talk to a store manager if you are interested) you can earn three more raffle tickets.

Obviously, the more tickets you win the better the chances you have to win one of our prize packages. Prize packages will be broken up into the five categories listed below. You can choose to split up your raffle tickets into the different prize package categories.

• Games Workshop
• Magic the Gathering
• Board Games
• Dungeons & Dragons
• XBOX Center

After all the category winners are announced we’ll pool all the remaining tickets and draw one Grand Prize Winner who will receive a $100.00 Gift Certificate.

Furthermore, we’ll be doing smaller raffles throughout the day that will be awarded to anyone who is actually at the store when the raffle is drawn.

If you are interested in being a part of our demo team, please let one of our staff members know as soon as possible!

Come spend the day with your friends at Battleground and help bring in the new store in style!

« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 07:33:03 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Rurouni Benshin

• God
  • Oro?
Re: Grand Opening Celebration - Plainville - October 16th, 2010
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2010, 07:04:07 PM »
Decent chance I'll be there for this!  Will let you know soon!
"This One Is Rurouni... Once Again, This One Will Drift."

Warhammer 40,000
Space Marines: 93-15-18
Apocalypse: 9-2-3
Tournaments: 7-7-1
Tale of 16 Gamers: 0-0-1

Grammar: Contractions 0/1/0
Number of games I've managed to play since Tristan's arrival: 70

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2010, 07:40:53 PM »
Hope to see you there ben

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 10:24:13 PM »
Just got the day off of work to come down. This is gonna be AWESOME!

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:39:37 AM »
i'll be popping in
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

skavengear

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 01:22:11 AM »
there should be assault squad give aways to lucky customers. i suggest an eating contest  ;)

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 01:38:38 AM »
Totally just cleared this with my wife.  I'll be there!
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2010, 11:58:40 AM »
I have a game to play at. :( Looks like I'll just miss out on all the festivities and come after things have settled down.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Mattarias

• The Fire burns forever.
    • Ex Incendia et Flamma
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2010, 07:53:48 AM »
 :( Curses! The day right after my sister's birthday, likely when her party will be! The one day I was hoping this celebration wouldn't take place!

:-\ Ah well. I'll see what I can do to make it, but family first. Sounds like a blast. Good luck to everyone who's going!
Ex ignis, lux.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 12:34:59 PM »
:( Curses! The day right after my sister's birthday, likely when her party will be! The one day I was hoping this celebration wouldn't take place!

:-\ Ah well. I'll see what I can do to make it, but family first. Sounds like a blast. Good luck to everyone who's going!

bring your sister and we can have a muti party super time

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2010, 03:44:49 PM »

Dave H should bring his sister too.  ::)
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

skavengear

« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2010, 04:47:52 PM »

Dave H should bring his sister too.  ::)

this made me laugh out loud Sims!

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 15, 2010, 12:06:24 AM »

This is where I'm going for MY birthday (My birthday is the 14th) 8)

Mattarias

• The Fire burns forever.
    • Ex Incendia et Flamma
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2010, 03:03:07 AM »
Hah, yeah, no, she's not quite that much of a nerd. Yet.  ::)

And happy early birthday Cap'n. -Not to mention, of course, happy first birthday BG Plainville!
Ex ignis, lux.

skavengear

« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 09:57:31 AM »
Hah, yeah, no, she's not quite that much of a nerd. Yet.  ::)

And happy early birthday Cap'n. -Not to mention, of course, happy first birthday BG Plainville!

its not their first birthday... that would be next year.

if shes not a nerd... we will change that  ;D