Author Topic: Basing?  (Read 2005 times)

Jess

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
Basing?
« on: November 04, 2010, 10:49:02 AM »
Just wondering what most people use for basing and where they get the supplies for it?
I know you need to put white glue on the base then put basing stuffs on it, just wondering what what people recomended.

I can't bring myself to buy anything that is called a "master basing" kit. Who named that? A 14 year old?

The place I wanted to get stuff from online is down for maintenence for an unknown period of time. So sad, they had fairy leaves! Doesn't that sound awesome!
Me: Mending isn't healing, if Todd's shirt rips I can "mend" it.
Kurt: That's just a racial ability you have.

jhobin

• Paragon Tier Level 14
Re: Basing?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2010, 01:43:27 PM »
Actually the basing kit from GW is actaully quite good. I won one a while back and was fairley impressed.

If you don't want to go that route, I use sand (as in from a beach its $0) and then fine gravel or slate (the basing kit comes with it) and then static grass. I think BG sells gravel and static grass if not most hobby stores carry it.

I usually use a coat of sand and some rocks, prime, paint and then use the static grass.

"I'm going to sacrifice my pyramid turtles"
-Anonymous card player who makes me wonder if I sound like this talking about 40k!

Moss:"What operating system is it running?"
Bomb Technician:"Vista!"
Moss:"Where all going to die!"

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2010, 04:14:01 PM »
i use sawdust on my space marines...because i like sawdust, a lot

senorcoo

• Email
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2011, 02:11:23 PM »
Hah, it's funny because I just got the Gale Force 9 Master Basing kit in.  I have just gotten back into painting after a bit of a hiatus.  I like to paint RPG minis and can't touch the level of skill that I've seen from the BG community, but I find it relaxing.  I had never based minis before and I just did my first this week and it came out pretty good (imho).  If I get a chance, I will post a pic so you guys can relentlessly mock my inferior work     ;D
The seeds of heresy are freely sown in an open mind.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 04:14:43 AM »
Wow ive already outdated my post  :-\

I now use GW pva glue and sand and just drybrush it