Author Topic: Gama World Shenanigans  (Read 3545 times)

skavengear

Gama World Shenanigans
« on: December 14, 2010, 10:23:35 PM »
Prior to our typical games on friday(s) would anyone be interested in playing in the first ever Battleground D&d game DMed by Dave Goss?

I want to give gama world a shot, its very simple, you can get right into the action and blow right through encounters. i planned to run it as 1-2 encounters before each of our normal games.

I own the game (and santas bringing me the expansion pack) and have the tokens for each race/player. if the game takes off, i can even use that "Dave Goss Imagination" and make some adventures to go forth with.

post or get at me if you are interested, and of course if you arent in this group, you can always join in on this gama world game any time!

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
Re: Gama World Shenanigans
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 09:18:53 PM »
Questions, questions...

What edition of DnD are we talking about?
Are these pre-generated characters, or do we bring our own?  What level, race, class, prestige class and equipment are allowed?
What is the expected start time?
What is Gama world and is it important?
What constitutes an epic fail and how have you accumulated 54 of them?

...I had more but I forgot
"Elapsam semel occasionem non ipse potest Iuppiter reprehendere"

skavengear

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2010, 04:05:37 PM »
Questions, questions...

What edition of DnD are we talking about?
Are these pre-generated characters, or do we bring our own?  What level, race, class, prestige class and equipment are allowed?
What is the expected start time?
What is Gama world and is it important?
What constitutes an epic fail and how have you accumulated 54 of them?

...I had more but I forgot

it is 4th edition essentially.
these are not pregen, but you roll randomly your character (which could be a swarm of telepathic kitties, or a flaming plant for example) and then give it appropriate gear from the gama world book.
i expect to start at 5pm.
gama world is that green boxed set you will notice in the store, its a fun version of 4th ed except its all about shenanigans, and is important.
being from rhode island constitutes an epic fail, so does rolling 3 fatal characters, and so does rolling 9 1s on 10d6 (the other was a 2), so does falling in 3ft of snow next to gabriellas. I can give you another 54...

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2010, 11:08:28 PM »
Sounds like we'd need a character creation session since I don't have access to the source material.
I'll try it out at least once for the lulz.

skavengear

« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
that was the plan, make characters then an encounter at a time. its not very hard, its more about the shenanigans. the precious shenanigans...

jbkilroy

• Heroic Tier Level 10
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2011, 11:18:51 AM »
So are we on for Friday, or is there not enough interest (so far)?

Guu

• Paragon Tier Level 12
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2011, 11:31:02 AM »
I'll play if I get there soon enough.

Rick:  Gamma world is sort of a streamlined D&D thing.  You can find information about it on the internet so I'm not going to belabor the point.

skavengear

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2011, 07:19:40 PM »
Nice! I think we have enough that by the session after this we can start encounters. this week we'll make characters.

the way the game is supposed to work is randomly making your "race" by rolling a d20. i will leave these as options to all of you:
1. pick from the core and expansion book two origins (only if you have an interesting idea)
2. roll a d20 from each book
3. roll a d20 twice from the same book

each person who chooses option 2/3 has 2 re-rolls and can pick any combination of the three rolls that is cool/fun.

bring a set of role playing dice, no mini required. I will supply pencils if needed and character sheets.