Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301862 times)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #540 on: August 22, 2011, 02:00:49 PM »
Ok, so after several weeks, a bottle or two or glue and a lot of magnets I've finally assembled my grey knights army and was hoping to find a game this Thursday

That being said I've never rolled the dice in a warhammer game so I'm hoping ben or someone else who doesn't mind teaching will help this big noob out.

I've got a 2k list prepared I'm pretty happy with, but with enough notice i could trim it down if 2k is too much for a first game.

Thanks
-jason

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #541 on: August 22, 2011, 02:17:59 PM »
That's great news, Jason.  Congrats!

I don't imagine you'll have trouble finding a game.

In other news:

Also, I just had a guy come in and buy a bunch of Orks (which I simply CAN NOT keep in stock lately...) and he mentioned stopping by to check stuff out this Thursday.  He doesn't plan to play though.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #542 on: August 22, 2011, 02:28:58 PM »
Sounds like we'll be having lots of learning going on Thursday! 

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #543 on: August 22, 2011, 02:30:00 PM »
Also, I just had a guy come in and buy a bunch of Orks (which I simply CAN NOT keep in stock lately...) and he mentioned stopping by to check stuff out this Thursday.  He doesn't plan to play though.
Sounds like that may have been Brian. The first Nob biker he built was too sweeeet, a big ol' trike using trukk wheels. I don't know anyone else buying Orks, though.

Jason, nice!

I think now its a good idea to set up a 2v2 game with the new/recently returned players, either with me as a ref, or in a pinch, me as a player. Accelerate the learning!

Dissimulation

• Heroic Tier Level 5
« Reply #544 on: August 22, 2011, 02:37:04 PM »
With me not playing in a while and your bro being still new, we might need a ref to watch the game and help out with the rules and such.
I could be a ref, rules guide, 40k sherpa. It would be a good opportunity for me to continue learning about Imperial Guard, and I happen to know a thing or two about Daemons.

I'm also interested continuing the 500 point tournament idea in person.

Reffing the game would be most appreciated :)
Time for my tau jumpy phase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #545 on: August 22, 2011, 03:01:08 PM »

Sounds like that may have been Brian. The first Nob biker he built was too sweeeet, a big ol' trike using trukk wheels. I don't know anyone else buying Orks, though.

Nah, it wasn't Brian.  His biker Boss guy is AWESOME though.

I'm not sure what this guys name is but he plans to stop by on Thursday.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #546 on: August 22, 2011, 05:28:34 PM »
Nice to see we will have New People attending Thursday 40k. In Other news Why is the Thunderfire Cannon still sold out everywhere :O I want some so I can all be like BOOM BOOM KAPOWIE.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #547 on: August 22, 2011, 05:44:13 PM »
Loranus,

I happen to have a thunderfire cannon painted in salamanders colors that I have zero use for  ;D.

I just want to say again that I am so grateful for what you Thursday 40k people are doing for the local community. Keep up the great work.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #548 on: August 22, 2011, 08:41:10 PM »
I see Bill and how much would one desire to part with such a piece of technology.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #549 on: August 22, 2011, 08:53:46 PM »
I just want to say again that I am so grateful for what you Thursday 40k people are doing for the local community. Keep up the great work.

It is pretty amazing, and on a level I've never seen before when it comes to miniatures games.

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27
  • "No, but have you hearda' Magic?"
« Reply #550 on: August 22, 2011, 08:59:06 PM »
yes there was tomuch of a void in our area im guessing since you guys picked the plainest town in the us and said this will be good for minis

Chris

• Heroic Tier Level 7
« Reply #551 on: August 22, 2011, 09:30:14 PM »
Anyone interested in a 2500 point game this Thursday?  I am looking to get a few practice games in before the semis.
We do not stop playing because we get old. We get old when we stop playing.  -Benjamin Franklin

When you come to the end and you can't go any farther, you've got to go over the wall. Gotta see what's there.  -Gary Gygax

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #552 on: August 22, 2011, 09:35:54 PM »
Anyone interested in a 2500 point game this Thursday?  I am looking to get a few practice games in before the semis.
That can likely happen. The Ackman brothers enjoying playing at 2500, are regulars, and both qualified for the semis.

Bill

• Paragon Tier Level 14
  • Dark Star Founding Member
    • Dark Star
    • Email
« Reply #553 on: August 22, 2011, 09:51:16 PM »
I see Bill and how much would one desire to part with such a piece of technology.

I'll send you a PM

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
« Reply #554 on: August 23, 2011, 12:26:29 AM »
oooooo im one of those people! asuran, i will be there and available around 6:45 ish, and I would love to get in a ard boyz practice game. May i know what army you are going to be fielding? or is that a secret? ill tell you i am playing nids, and again i would love some practice. Sadly though ben, i think i may be the only ackman brother there this thursday. 
Tau theme song, "jump around"