Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301912 times)

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #945 on: December 08, 2011, 11:17:23 AM »
and my hat.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #946 on: December 09, 2011, 12:12:49 AM »
A relatively quiet night 40k wise. In fact, the Fantasy crowd had a bigger week, congrats!

In the time Orks vs Tau took place, Daemons vs BA Descent of Angels happened twice. Also, Pat's Hat fought Nick's Dark Angels, and when I left, the Dark Angels had things well in hand.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #947 on: December 09, 2011, 02:21:12 AM »
Ya Dark Angel's Deathwing pulled out the Win so many 2+ 3+ saves to try and get through :(.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #948 on: December 13, 2011, 11:03:16 PM »
Anyone down for a game this thursday? Im trying a new army. 1500pts

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #949 on: December 13, 2011, 11:28:22 PM »
I know I'll be around and I believe I can muster up a decent 1500 points of Space Marines. If you're trying a new army, nothing quite like going against baseline Vanilla!

Or if you want to learn nothing at all, I can always break out the Daemons. :P

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #950 on: December 13, 2011, 11:49:38 PM »
Ill definately be there Thursday Ben with a few 1750 lists to try out, I might be running behind depending how late me and my men spend in Worcester for the Firefighter Davies funeral and reception. Need to go home first as I'm not playing 40k in my class-A's

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #951 on: December 14, 2011, 01:05:50 AM »
Im gonna be down this Thursday I have a 1750 point list Im itching to try after my heroclix game with Intropack Ed and others.

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #952 on: December 14, 2011, 01:56:42 AM »
Play what ever you want ben. Im putting a verity list together so I can get a feel for some of the units. It won't be super competetive. Should be fun though. I'll be there around 7.

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
« Reply #953 on: December 14, 2011, 10:31:00 AM »
I might actually be able to make it down this week if things at work pan out well. I'd like to try out a 1750 list but I can field 2k easily.

Thefallen

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #954 on: December 14, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
If you want I can bump it up to 1750. It won't be a turni quality list but it should be ok.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #955 on: December 15, 2011, 12:14:02 AM »
If you want I can bump it up to 1750. It won't be a turni quality list but it should be ok.
I can field a 1750 Space Marines list as well. If I decide on Space Marines, it'll be the list I run at the tournament.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #956 on: December 16, 2011, 02:05:42 AM »
Four matches tonight.

Orks vs Grey Knights, kans ftw!

Feral Orks vs Orks, old school vs new school, a rare match-up across editions! Feral Orks took care of the new greenskins.

Space Marines vs Tau, a draw. Not losing means Pat is learning how to play Space Marines against an army that's really good at killing Space Marines, at least from a distance.

Space Marines vs Blood Angels. This was my first solo match playing Space Marines and Nick's first solo match playing Blood Angels. While the game took longer than most, it was one of the best games in some time. It was an even match of skill and luck (mostly bad luck), and we broke down the rules to get it as right as we could. Our 5 objective Seize Ground game came down to a final score, 1-0 in favor of the Spehss Mahreens! It felt like a draw, with a Razorback being assaulted and improbably withstanding the fury of a Sanguinary Priest and many Assault Marines. Game end Turn 6. Really great game, what I want for every Thursday 40k match, fun and learning.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #957 on: December 16, 2011, 03:36:31 AM »
He did kill the brunt of my army though it was a definite uphill struggle. First turn I lost effective use of 570 points of my list. If dice rolls had been slightly different it could have been a win for either side it was a great match.

Dreadnought in a drop pod worked like a charm. It took out a Hammerhead's Rail gun first turn it came out and the drop pod blocked line of sight for the Broadside to a majority of the field. Shaken assaulted the Hammerhead cleaning it up before being immobilized by the Pirahna. Barely managed to reach a Fire Warrior squad with its heavy flamer got them to retreat closer where he cleaned them up. Lost his Multi-Melta from the Pirahna decided to get some revenge and wrecked it with his heavy flamer. MVP for the Space Marines of the game.

Terminators moved kind of slow across the board unfortunately I cant roll a 2+ to save my life lost 2 making it to the other side and 2 in CC with Tau Fire Warriors the final one cleaning up the squad and proceeded to help Vul'Kan until he died from Pirahna fire I believe.

Vul'Kan foot slogging with the Termies kept him out of harm's way for the most part took a Wound from the concentrated fire of 2 Fire Warrior squads.  He then proceeded to tear apart a Fire Warrior squad and a Crisis Suit Squad in Close Combat. Then took a Wound from the remaining Crisis Suit squad. Killed off a Retreating Fire Warrior squad then died from Gun Drone fire.

Vindicators and the Thunderfire Cannon got singled out immediately first turn. Techmarine needed 2+ rolled a 1 killed off that squad. One vindicator was Immobilized  in deployment position by Broadsides and the other was Shaken for 2 turns before exploding.

Landspeeders were killed off first turn before they could accomplish anything not sure if they may have been more effective later.

The Twin-Linked Lascannon Razorbacks I made a play error I should have been slowly moving them up as I fired at the Broadsides. Bad Dice rolls on both sides kept them from doing anything to help the rest of the field as they just kept shooting at each other. Found them effective probably won't change them.

Tac Squads didnt get to do much the Missiles were hitting and wounding broadsides but armor saves kept them up. The Units inside razorbacks didnt get moved close enough to be of any use.

The bikes majority got picked off by concentrated fire 2nd turn Attack Bikers Joe and Jim took out a transport hammerhead though before they bit the bullet.

Things thinking of changing. Dropping the Terminators for more bikes. Dropping points somewhere to put a locator beacon on the Drop Pod to Deep Strike Termies.  Run Land Speeders in Squad if Im going to run more bikes.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
Thursday 40k First Annual Holiday Anniversary Super Spectacular
« Reply #958 on: December 17, 2011, 01:25:19 AM »
I talked with Chase tonight to arrange something a little special for Plainville's Thursday 40k this coming week (22nd). Between the coming holiday and first anniversary of Thursday 40k, this is a great time to spread some cheer.

Just show up to play, paint, or celebrate 40k. (We'll know if you're not celebrating.)

One lucky player/painter/celebrant will win a 40k codex of their choice!

Consider it official.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #959 on: December 17, 2011, 01:44:20 AM »
Tac Squads didnt get to do much the Missiles were hitting and wounding broadsides but armor saves kept them up.
When I read this, I did this IRL:

Pat, I thought we raised you better. :(

You feel like beating up on my Spehss Mahreens Thursday? Codex mirror match! And you won't shoot krak missiles at my Terminators, because now you know better.