Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301950 times)

Jinxman

• Email
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #1725 on: January 09, 2013, 10:54:58 AM »
Hey all!

I'm getting back into 40k after a long absence.  Last time I played was 2nd edition.  Would like to make it Thursday nights for some pick-up games.  Should I bring a variety of lists 500/1000/1500/1850 points or is there a standard that everyone uses?  I have a burgeoning CSM force.

Jim

Junker

« Reply #1726 on: January 09, 2013, 01:15:30 PM »
Hey all!

I'm getting back into 40k after a long absence.  Last time I played was 2nd edition.  Would like to make it Thursday nights for some pick-up games.  Should I bring a variety of lists 500/1000/1500/1850 points or is there a standard that everyone uses?  I have a burgeoning CSM force.

Jim

Jim,

I am in the same boat and would be happy to play you this Thursday. I should be there around 7 or 730. I could do any of those point levels. Want to play 1500 points?

-Jay

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #1727 on: January 09, 2013, 01:53:39 PM »
Hi Jay,

People are currently practicing for both 500 point and 2000 point tournaments, and there's still some casual/new players throwing out near-1000-ish points.

If you can prearrange a game, it's a good habit. I can make introductions, but I can't always guarantee a game. It's a very loose thing here.

I have a few 500 point lists I can bring Thursday. I also have enough stuff for up to 1500 points.

Thanks Ben. Is anyone up for some 500 point practice. I'll be your target dummy
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

RobbHarkins

• Email
« Reply #1728 on: January 09, 2013, 02:19:09 PM »
In a few weeks when my army is large enough me and my roommate will most likely venture down for some Thursdays, he has an Alpha Legion Chaos army and I'm in the process of my Nekthyst Dynasty Necrons. Look forward to it.

Jinxman

• Email
« Reply #1729 on: January 09, 2013, 02:36:24 PM »

Jim,

I am in the same boat and would be happy to play you this Thursday. I should be there around 7 or 730. I could do any of those point levels. Want to play 1500 points?

-Jay

Cool.  I will be there around the same time with 1500 and 500 point lists.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1730 on: January 09, 2013, 07:10:19 PM »
It always seems like we pick up an infusion of new players when we need it most. :)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #1731 on: January 09, 2013, 07:42:10 PM »
Yeah, an influx of 4-6 new guys is going to be AWESOME!  8-12 isn't enough on Thursdays!  We need MORE!  Losing people to college / grad school / law school sucks.

I'd like to get some 9 table nights cooking again.

Also, this time of year is almost always really good for mini gaming.  The Fall has past, adjustments (to school and other stuff) have happened, the holidays are over, it's cold and dark all the time, and people seem to want to paint, play, roll dice, and blow shit up.

Always happens.  :)
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 08:02:37 PM by Chase »
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #1732 on: January 10, 2013, 01:53:30 AM »
As I said before, I'll be there, rocking my new Lamenters army.  If people are willing to be flexible with me proxying models, I can rock all the way up to 2500.  Otherwise, we're talking 500 points.  I just started on January 1, so it's coming. 
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Banosby

• Heroic Tier Level 3
« Reply #1733 on: January 10, 2013, 02:44:17 AM »
Losing people to college / grad school / law school sucks.

Awwww, I miss you too Chase!

Junker

« Reply #1734 on: January 10, 2013, 11:56:55 AM »
Jinxman cant make it so I am looking for a game anywhere in the 500-2000 point range. I'll be in around 7.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #1735 on: January 11, 2013, 12:45:55 AM »
Did someone say 6 tables?

Oh, because we had to set up an extra and make it lucky 7 tables tonight! Could've played 8 if I manned up and played instead of helping everyone else.  ;D

FYI, Frag Cannons are a thing.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #1736 on: January 11, 2013, 01:51:12 AM »
Thanks for the game tonight Jason, and for matching us up Ben.

Frag Cannons are indeed a thing.  My Fragnought (a Furioso Dreadnought with Frag Cannon and Heavy Flamer) killed ~25 guard in 2 rounds of shooting, followed by killing the rest in a sweeping advance in assault.  Then he blew up a Chimera.  He then ate 3 manticore missiles.  But he was beastly today. 

The new Drop Pod army is going to be fun  :)

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #1737 on: January 11, 2013, 09:55:25 AM »
Thanks for the game tonight Jason, and for matching us up Ben.

Frag Cannons are indeed a thing.  My Fragnought (a Furioso Dreadnought with Frag Cannon and Heavy Flamer) killed ~25 guard in 2 rounds of shooting, followed by killing the rest in a sweeping advance in assault.  Then he blew up a Chimera.  He then ate 3 manticore missiles.  But he was beastly today. 

The new Drop Pod army is going to be fun  :)

Great game Brad, those frag cannons doubling the template did hurt and my commissar needs better placement. The other thing i noticed looking through my BA codex last night is that "blood lance" counts as a lance weapon so it probably would of penned that Demolisher earlier. Something for you to remember next time.

The drop pod list seemed pretty viable to me, all your stuff got up close and personal first turn and mitigated a lot of my shooting.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
    • Email
« Reply #1738 on: January 11, 2013, 11:52:43 AM »
Ah, good call on the Blood Lance.  I don't know where I would have put the commissar, given that I could Drop Pod in on any side of the blob.  Maybe in the back, I guess.

PhoenixFire

• Epic Tier Level 30
« Reply #1739 on: January 13, 2013, 07:02:05 PM »
I'll be there Thursday with some IG/GK action looking for 2k templecon practice