Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301890 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #2010 on: July 12, 2013, 04:22:54 PM »
Wish I made it up :(  I did nothing  but was so tired.  You don't realize how 15 days of work drains your energy until you're done with it and can finally relax.  I do plan to go up tomorrow, Saturday the 13th, early on and get some of the new Apoc stuff.  Want to give myself time to get home and get cleaned up, get a hair cut, take care of needed things before hitting Twin River for some birthday blackjack and some birthday craps!  34... time files...

Make sure you get there early unless you want to play 25 and 50 dollar tables.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

tilarium

• Heroic Tier Level 4
    • Email
« Reply #2011 on: July 12, 2013, 05:03:18 PM »
Ya know, hadn't thought about that!  I haven't been up sense before the table games came in.  Usually I just play 5 and 10 dollar tables... none of them later in the day?

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2012 on: July 13, 2013, 12:39:10 AM »
Ya know, hadn't thought about that!  I haven't been up sense before the table games came in.  Usually I just play 5 and 10 dollar tables... none of them later in the day?

I was there around 8:30 and was playing a 15 dollar black jack table (the lowest one I could find) for a few hands. After the sleeve was finished they raised the minimum bet to 25 and there was nothing lower.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2013 on: July 15, 2013, 11:32:33 PM »
Pew Pew!  I'll be there this week at around....... 4pm + 45 minutes*traffic factor.  Call it 5:30 maybe 6.  Hell, maybe earlier, who knows...

Anyone interested in 1850 of significantly more yellow as of Saturday Lamenters?
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2014 on: July 16, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »
I know a couple people who are looking for an 1850 game, so I think Brad it'll happen for you.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2015 on: July 17, 2013, 01:55:01 PM »
I should be there tomorrow with the boyz.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #2016 on: July 17, 2013, 05:20:08 PM »
I will be showing up I will bring an 1850 List as well as a 1000 point list for people who want to play.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

http://gamingwithahat.wordpress.com

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2017 on: July 17, 2013, 10:27:37 PM »
Not sure if I'll be up for this tomorrow. Working in an unconditioned warehouse while sick, turns out that's not a good thing. I think it'll be a busy night regardless, lots of players looking for 1850 practice. Bring your list, say hello and make your new friend take his pitiful army off the table.

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #2018 on: July 19, 2013, 01:35:17 AM »
The Moral of This Thursday 40k is...... 30$ for 125 Dice is worth it :D.

Tonight's Fights:
Dark Angels Vs Dark Angels+IG
Tyranids Vs Orks
Blood Angels+Space Marines +Tau + something else in some form of Doubles match.
Then Bill was on a Table playing something versus some guy.

Some Warmachine players tonight as well.
I ride in on my Bike with my Hat of awesome and say Nay this place should be on fire.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2019 on: July 19, 2013, 08:22:19 AM »

Eldar is the missing army from the first match. That was Brian, a boy who exuded so much joy in playing. He cheered for everything. I miss that enthusiasm in myself.

Bill's Eldar played Frosty's Chaos Marines. It did not go well for Frosty, whose heavy hitters were toasted before he got to move a model. I've heard some people downplaying Eldar, and this is the first sign of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.  :P

That's how you recap, Mulvey. Get your hat in the game!

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2020 on: July 19, 2013, 01:47:21 PM »

Eldar is the missing army from the first match. That was Brian, a boy who exuded so much joy in playing. He cheered for everything. I miss that enthusiasm in myself.

Bill's Eldar played Frosty's Chaos Marines. It did not go well for Frosty, whose heavy hitters were toasted before he got to move a model. I've heard some people downplaying Eldar, and this is the first sign of someone who doesn't know what they're talking about.  :P

Also a couple games of Ork Vengeance (Dark Orkgeance? )  played as well.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2021 on: July 19, 2013, 08:59:35 PM »

Also a couple games of Ork Vengeance (Dark Orkgeance? )  played as well.

I love hearing this type of thing.  Very cool.  Thanks to Pat or whoever ran them.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

Loranus

• God
  • Pyromaniac with a Hat
    • Gaming with a Hat
    • Email
« Reply #2022 on: July 19, 2013, 10:42:10 PM »
It was a fun turnout and I heard a lot of fun from the doubles table. I had a Game with Chris that actually ended up with me having exactly one model on the table at the end of Turn 7. The new Apocalypse Dice are working out for me.

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #2023 on: July 19, 2013, 11:31:18 PM »
BG needs more Mulvey.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

bradpowers

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • We are an ocean of rage. We are the Lamenters.
    • Email
« Reply #2024 on: July 21, 2013, 11:52:41 PM »
The doubles game was moderately crazy.  My teammate Brian was a little wobbly on the rules (he's very young) but everybody just kinda went with the flow, which I appreciate.  Thanks for the game everyone! 
Too busy being AWESOME to listen to your whining.

Name: Brad Powers
Club Affiliation: BRAD CLUB
Where I play: Yes