Author Topic: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Tuesday 40k  (Read 301905 times)

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
Re: Plainville's Official "Unofficial" Thursday 40k
« Reply #2190 on: December 09, 2013, 10:18:29 PM »
I should be able to come up this week. I would like to try and set up some games against people who have superheavies/ D weapons they want to try out. I do not have any but would like to see if they are as unbalancing as everyone is worried about.

I'd bring a work in progress/proxied Stompa but I don't know if I'm going to make it this Thursday.
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

MM3791

• God
« Reply #2191 on: December 09, 2013, 10:19:13 PM »
I should be able to come up this week. I would like to try and set up some games against people who have superheavies/ D weapons they want to try out. I do not have any but would like to see if they are as unbalancing as everyone is worried about.

That's the spirit ;) Just make sure you bring as many anti-armor as possible

Bilbo: Can you promise that I'll come back?
Gandalf: No, and if you do you won't be the same

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #2192 on: December 09, 2013, 11:07:16 PM »

I'd bring a work in progress/proxied Stompa but I don't know if I'm going to make it this Thursday.

Hmmmmm.....We should have a Stompa versus Stompa fight at some point.

Haven't played a 40k game in 6 months...maybe I will stroll in with my Stompa this week.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2193 on: December 09, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »

Hmmmmm.....We should have a Stompa versus Stompa fight at some point.

Haven't played a 40k game in 6 months...maybe I will stroll in with my Stompa this week.

We definitely should. Although my Stompa still has a long ways to go from being completed. This is essentially the basic concept for it.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Should the miserable Grot crews survive for long they will soon become deafened and have to resort to a rudimentary system of sign language. This is rarely successful as there are only so many signs a Grot can carry around with him.

Mad Dok Rob

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Da Orks are Da Best
    • http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/
    • Email
« Reply #2194 on: December 09, 2013, 11:35:03 PM »
I already love it....

I cannot wait for a new codex...it will give me the bug to start Orking up some new crazy stuff...

Maybe use that 3D printer that I am going to buy for my Design Class...since I have to learn to use it before teaching my students how to use it.
http://fingerpaintingwitharchimedes.blogspot.com/

Warhammer 40k
6,914 pts Waaagh Dakkagut (Goff Orks)
4,913 pts Dark Angels 

Warmachine   
     183 pts Protectorate of Menoth

andalucien

• God
« Reply #2195 on: December 10, 2013, 10:20:48 AM »
I hope lots of people do this.  I will be anxiously watching this thread waiting to hear about how it goes :)
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

andalucien

• God
« Reply #2196 on: December 10, 2013, 10:35:10 AM »
I think I'm gonna be proxying up some titans /w/ my game group tomorrow night as well.
Name:  Matthew Forsyth
Club:  Errybody in the gettin tips
Where I play: basically I only show up for tourneys or when I'm on my way up to New Hampshire to visit my folks.  I live about 45 mins from both stores, to the south.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2197 on: December 12, 2013, 11:02:52 PM »
We had a few games tonight, with the centerpiece being a Doubles match with Escalation rules... really just for a player to bring that big ol' Necron thing with a C'tan in the middle. Mixed reactions. I don't think that singular experience changed anyone's minds, other than some things won't be as powerful as thought.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2198 on: December 20, 2013, 06:49:00 PM »
We had a couple games last night. We have a new Grey Knights player that would like someone to teach him how to play. And my Shark Marines have a designation for their bike chapter. And that's my recap.

Benjamin

• God
    • Email
« Reply #2199 on: December 25, 2013, 11:57:00 PM »
I'm taking this Thursday off, but I'm sure the store tomorrow will be quite busy.

Mbrenizer

« Reply #2200 on: December 26, 2013, 08:38:10 AM »
I'm going to try to make it tonight, but I probably can't get there by 6:30. Are other people ever late and start smaller games? Any issue with someone just lurking to watch?

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2201 on: December 26, 2013, 01:28:50 PM »
I'm going to try to make it tonight, but I probably can't get there by 6:30. Are other people ever late and start smaller games? Any issue with someone just lurking to watch?

No problem what so ever. People come in at all different times and there should be someone there willing to play a smaller game. If not people will be more power than willing to let you watch a game and answer questions.

Pat.H

• Paragon Tier Level 12
« Reply #2202 on: December 27, 2013, 07:53:25 AM »
Last we had kind of a smaller turn out. We a game of Dark Eldar vs Orks/IG. A 4 way game of Orks and orks with IG vs Dark Eldar. I got to try out the Zhadsnark da Rippa biker boss. He seems like he would be a good addition to an Orks speed freaks army. Being able to scout a warbiker squad up is very useful. Only thing is he only has a 6+ save so even though he is toughness 6 and a power klaw that goes at imitative you really have to pick your battles carefully. There was also a game of space marines vs Tau.

Tharcil

« Reply #2203 on: December 27, 2013, 10:46:50 AM »
White Scars with Dark angels vs. Taudar.  Templecon prep.  It was a close game.  We played vanguard deployment, two objectives in deployment zone and the relic in the middle.  It ended up being a close thing 6vp to 3vp in favor of the Marines.  I finally found a way to deal with 3 riptides and not by ignoring them :)

I had my objective, slay the warlordand linebreaker.  Tau had First Blood, Slay the Warlord and linebreaker.  He couldn't get out to the relic and I couldn't keep units alive once I picked it up!  Definitely a fun game.

shwnlyns

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #2204 on: December 27, 2013, 02:35:11 PM »
White Scars witcombat?angels vs. Taudar.  Templecon prep.  It was a close game.  We played vanguard deployment, two objectives in deployment zone and the relic in the middle.  It ended up being a close thing 6vp to 3vp in favor of the Marines.  I finally found a way to deal with 3 riptides and not by ignoring them :)

Was the white scar bikes with grav guns that dealt with the riptides? or bikes in close combat?