Author Topic: [plainville, MA] Board game night?  (Read 2098 times)

PaulWal

• Email
[plainville, MA] Board game night?
« on: February 06, 2011, 06:35:14 PM »
Is this active at the plainville store? if so, disregard this message and I'll show up on weds and check it out.

If not, I would be interested in "hosting" a board game night weekly...while my personal collection is quite small, I do have access to a plethora of games via a friend.

Would anyone be interested in learning/playing Dominion this wednesday? I am more then willing to teach new Dominioners. If you've ever played any CCG, you can pick up the mechanics of the game in 5 minutes.

cheers,

Paul

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Re: [plainville, MA] Board game night?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2011, 05:59:30 PM »
I wouldn't say it's "active".  Normally on Wednesdays there's a couple of groups playign D&D Encounters.  We've scooped up some would-be board gamers with that.

There is a larger group of guys that gets together on the 2nd Wednesday of every month.  They usually gather as we open (noon) and play until about 11pm.  The group rotates as the day goes on.  People come and go, etc. 

These guys MIGHT be hanging out a little more frequently on Wednesdays until the winter passes.

If you are interested in getting a group together that would meet every Wednesday that would be AWESOME.

I look forward to meeting you, Paul.

Have a good one.

-Chase
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

PaulWal

• Email
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2011, 06:43:29 PM »
myself, Farski, and one of my coworkers will be there tomorrow at 7 playing dominion, and probably a few others. Please feel free to stop by and play, and if you don't know how to play, we will be more than happy to teach. Or, if you have a favorite game you'd like to play/teach, please bring it, we all love learning new games.

aduclos

« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, 04:41:12 PM »
Anything lined up for this Wednesday? If you are into Dominion, maybe I could demo Puzzle Strike...its my new go to 'deck builder'. Lots and lots of interaction, good stuff!