Author Topic: Apocalyptic count down......  (Read 18159 times)

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
Re: Apocalyptic count down......
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2008, 11:38:10 AM »
way to exploit the "lol characters" clause

The "clause", you mean the space marine catching up to every other codex in terms of named characters for HQ choices instead of generic's clause?

PS

Eldar playing complaining about 9 psychic powers need to chill it out, i mean you only use doom and farsight anyway why do you need anything else?

PPS

The emperor just sacrificed 18 psykers to let you know that there will be a 30% chance of rain over the golden throne tonight

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2008, 12:14:54 PM »
Golden Showers?

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2008, 02:01:11 PM »
So they take the close combat specialties of the Wolves and now they take our weather predicting abilities as well? Man my Runepriests just keep getting the short end of the stick. Well at least I can still generate cover for my tanks in the middle of an open field.

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2008, 08:05:04 PM »
So they take the close combat specialties of the Wolves and now they take our weather predicting abilities as well? Man my Runepriests just keep getting the short end of the stick. Well at least I can still generate cover for my tanks in the middle of an open field.

With the corpses of blood claws.  :-*

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2008, 10:37:33 PM »
Ha, space marines are "catching up" with other codexes?

If they gave them named characters and that was it, then yes you are correct.  But sadly you cries of how fair the new codex is, are being downed out by this wave of gayity powered by fair marine rules.

Arch-types my sporous buttocks.  I don't care who you are, the ability to effectively take any named character and unlimited number of times because its the same guy different chapter.  I call space bull poopies.

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #50 on: October 11, 2008, 09:00:27 PM »
Ha, space marines are "catching up" with other codexes?

If they gave them named characters and that was it, then yes you are correct.  But sadly you cries of how fair the new codex is, are being downed out by this wave of gayity powered by fair marine rules.

Arch-types my sporous buttocks.  I don't care who you are, the ability to effectively take any named character and unlimited number of times because its the same guy different chapter.  I call space bull poopies.

If we didnt lay down the ground rules that you could only have 1 named guy in the entire force then I would agree with you.  However the "broken" marines as your so deftly put it might put up a fight against the Orkzeez who are steamrolling the professional circut.

Also other than chapter masters, there really should be no issue with named characters in other chapters, they are just that chapters version of "X" named

Dark Angel Cadaver

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Myspace
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: October 11, 2008, 10:58:04 PM »
im probably gonna have every special character in the dark angels codex on the table ;D

tyranid warlord

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #52 on: October 12, 2008, 12:24:44 AM »
Could someone ask cookie if he is still planning to use mostly carnifex's I've got a lot of them too
But if he is bulking up then I'll put points to gaunts and go with a endless swarm plus some other nasty
things

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #53 on: October 13, 2008, 06:47:24 PM »
im probably gonna have every special character in the dark angels codex on the table ;D

As the other Dark Angel player, perhaps we should talk and see where, we could save each other some points on named characters?

~Doug
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2008, 07:52:19 PM »
Sorry to get on the marine bashing bandwagon but I couldn't resist.

The "clause", you mean the space marine catching up to every other codex in terms of named characters for HQ choices instead of generic's clause?

Catching up, to whom I may ask? Eldar? They get one as an HQ, only 1. Orks? They get a few, most of which are limited to a certain unit you must take. Chaos? Sure they get a few, but name me one which people actually use, other than Ahriman. Guard? Thats just a joke.

However the "broken" marines as your so deftly put it might put up a fight against the Orkzeez who are steamrolling the professional circut

This is just not true at all. The logic behind that statement seems to be that GW had to put out a ridiculously unbalanced codex in order to combat the other ones, which just doesn't make sense, and just leaves all the other armies in the dust in terms of competing. Also orks are not the tournament powerhouse you make them out to be. Im not sure what led you to think that anyway.

Either way, it's quite obvious, and I think many people woud agree with me when I say that marines are becoming way too powerful as an army. And personally I think this is due to the fact that Space Marines constitute the majorty of armies played and the army most people start out with. Therefore it would make sense for GW to make that army better than most, it just attacts more people to play them while at the same time satistfying all the current players. Who doesnt want to play the most powerful army? really...

Honestly I like Space Marines fluff wise and modeling wise, but I hate what GW has made them out to be and how they have changed.

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2008, 08:28:11 PM »
And here I am sitting with my underpowered army which doesn't even have a codex. -Sigh-
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: October 14, 2008, 08:25:42 PM »
And here I am sitting with my underpowered army which doesn't even have a codex. -Sigh-

I have 90 mutants telling you to "EAT ME"!

Not enough trash talk.

The emperor of mankind watches wifetime.

Warpedfuzz

• Paragon Tier Level 16
« Reply #57 on: October 14, 2008, 10:17:08 PM »

I have 90 mutants telling you to "EAT ME"!

Not enough trash talk.

The emperor of mankind watches wifetime.

So Rich that's what...2, or 3 shots worth of titant target practice? 

;D   
only kidding!
~ Lead, follow, or get the HELL out of my way! ~

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #58 on: October 14, 2008, 10:34:53 PM »
I really need to get a titan from FW...

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: October 14, 2008, 11:04:17 PM »
I really need to get a titan from FW...

Well is your wife asleep?  If she's not then give her the store link.
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion