Author Topic: Wrath impressions...  (Read 3913 times)

jonm

• Heroic Tier Level 8
Re: Wrath impressions...
« Reply #15 on: June 17, 2011, 04:12:43 PM »
I like that list a lot, Ian. My only thought is A&H vs. the Greylords. It sounds like access to magic attacks would have helped free up one of your jacks since you could easily blow away the Pistol Wraith with the Rocketeer.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: June 17, 2011, 05:55:43 PM »
I thought that pretty much the entire game.

I played a second game, again against cryx, and I feel like this can work. eGaspy seems like my worst possible match up due to all the Dark Shrouds and weapon masters floating around.
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
« Reply #17 on: June 17, 2011, 06:29:58 PM »
Let's face it, I'm just a monster who talks about pouring glitter on himself, makes his opponents roll terrible, and never misses. Oh and makes 13 tough rolls.

U mad bro? Keep sperging I know you're my biggest fan :-*
Tiger's Den founding member

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: June 17, 2011, 09:49:21 PM »
Given my track record, I think you may have witnessed the only real 'sperg you'll generate. However, it was a pretty good one and I know I'll never live it down.

Regardless, thanks for putting my list to the test, I think you learn a lot more from your shitty match ups than your best ones. A&H will be going in for sure. After we saw that Battle Engines can't be made stationary, I was wondering what the hell the Ternion was ever going to do.
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #19 on: June 17, 2011, 11:23:37 PM »
Honestly the mechanics are useless, you have arm 20 and tons of boxes, if your jacks get damaged, I'm going to dedicate whatever it takes to make it die, or I'm going to ignore them. The mechanics could afford you points for a nice solo or something.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2011, 11:46:56 PM »
I see where you're coming from, but at 50 points there isnt a lot more I want to take. Additionally, my 'jacks have several weapons that NEED to be functional.

Also, not all my games are against you.
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2011, 12:50:34 AM »
All I'm getting to is any player is going to avoid them or face them.  If your weapon systems are down, odds are the jacks not going to be there to get repaired.  Plus, against a good matchup, you probablly won't ever need to heal since you're on the giving end of the beating. If you want a+h or another nice solo I would look at the easiest thing to drop, since the greylords could really help in a lot of games, especially a mirror match.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2011, 01:03:21 AM »
My point is that they put you in a position where you can't play a war of attrition. Unless you box them or use resources to fight my crappy mechaniks, I'll always have functional 'jacks.

Additionally, if you go all in on killing a 'jack and it is left with even one box, I can get all the weapons back.

Normally, I would agree they aren't worth it. With 3 'jacks, they begin to be productive.
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2011, 03:58:42 AM »
So back to the book...

I just finished reading all the fiction. Shit is seriously going down. Looks like Khador pays BIG TIME for ignoring the Cryxian threat. Sadly, all my favorite warcasters spend a good deal of time looking like bitches.

Except for one scene with Karchev. That guy makes me look like fucking Buddha.
beep bop boop

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #24 on: June 19, 2011, 06:51:38 AM »
I don't see why everyone thinks were such a threat, all we want is souls!  Not any different than MTV nowadays... Asphyxious spends a lot of time and thought behind killing everyone so show some appreciation.