Author Topic: MOVIE THREAD  (Read 2517 times)

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
MOVIE THREAD
« on: October 01, 2008, 10:29:23 PM »
so i figured i would start this thread so that We could recommand movies that may not be the top blockbuster of the summer and movies that maybe overlooked but are deffently worth a look

[and yes D i'll put serious movie picks, not the movies i think are "awesome"...but i make no guarantee of this being a dolph lundgren free thread]

So i'll kick it off with a movies i just finished watching 20 mins ago.

Dog Soldier

Netflix summary
In Neil Marshal's Directorial debut, a squad of soldiers is sent out on what should have been a routine military exercise in the wilds of Scotland.  But the excursion turns into a walking nightmare when Sgt. Wells [Sean Partwee] and his men discouver the blood corpses of Capt. Ryan's [liam Cunningham] battalion.  As the sun does down, the soldiers are tracked by a pack of werewolves determinded to feast on their flesh

Alright at first most would see this movies as just a low budget shitpot, but serious this movies is wicked, the gore is all you could ever ask for.  There is not even ONE weak link in the acting, every actor gives a great performance.  The whole movies only involves a handful of actors wich is personaly what i tend to like.  It starts one of my Absoulty favorite actors, Kevin McKidd [HBO's ROME, journey men, kingdom of heaven]  in truth he is the reason i got this movies because i know what a great actor he is.  It is a whole british perduction to everything is to the point, brutal and as it should be.  The Werewolves themselves [mind you, there is no surpise you know what your dealing with right out of the gate so no spoiler there] look like REAL gorram werewolves.   Ok ok not really real but some of the best ones i have ever seen, period, And yes you get to see the whole werewolf.   You see them moving, running, attacking, biteing, feasting... not just a puppet arm or head, FULL ON suits and they are a full 7-8 feet tall.   The action scenes are just amazing and of coarse it has it greatest moments of the great one liners....

right before a solider gets eaten after slugging it out (yes slugging it out, bare knuckles boys) with one of the werewolves the beast grabs him by the throat ready to kill... the solider looks not nose to muzzle with the beast, spits his gum out at and says

"i hope i give you the shits for weeks ya tossa"

hells yeah!
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

Opforce3

• God
    • Email
Re: MOVIE THREAD
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2008, 02:12:47 AM »
dog soldiers is one of my favorite movies. after renting it a few years ago, i bought the dvd the first chance i got. "come and have a go if you think you're hot enough" is the best line ever.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

"Doin' what I can with what I got."
-Burt Gummer

6/4/11 NEVER FORGET

the_trooper

• God
  • Pay where you play.
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2008, 04:34:20 PM »
That movie is pretty awesome.

Hierophant

• Paragon Tier Level 16
  • Gaming since 1978
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2008, 12:15:35 PM »
One of my favorite movies ever, and possibly one of the most under rated movies ever is "The 13th Warrior", based on Michael Crichton's book "Eaters of the Dead".

An Arab scholar accompanies a group of Viking warriors back to their homeland to fight a bunch of "devil" who are wreaking havoc on the Viking villages.  Awesome movie, awesome fight scenes and a good, semi-historical plot.

One of the better lines from the movie comes when one of the Vikings hands the Arab (Antonio Banderas) a broad sword to use.  Banderas complains: "But this is too heavy to use!"  The Viking snorts and replies: "Grow stronger."
"Oooh, it looks like the Russians are burning"
   -- Chase

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

The best argument against democracy is a five minute conversation with the average voter.
     -- Winston Churchill

buddyzen

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • FIRE-MERCHANT
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2008, 02:05:16 PM »
You guys have to watch napoleon dynamite if you have not seen it yet it is just so stupid it is funny =P
www.Fire-merchant.webs.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 12:44:16 AM »
You guys have to watch napoleon dynamite if you have not seen it yet it is just so stupid it is funny =P

no no... i'm just going to say it's so stupid it's just plain out stupid
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

cursedchidori

• Heroic Tier Level 1
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 04:42:25 PM »
the crow hands down my favorite movie