Author Topic: Globby paint  (Read 2654 times)

Theory

• Email
Globby paint
« on: October 12, 2008, 01:52:50 AM »
I have some old paint that I have had for about a year and its sorta globs together. Enough so that when I paint it gets too thick. is there any way to make it better? I dont want to spend more money for paint I am not going to use a lot except for stuff painting little things onto my figures.

buddyzen

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • FIRE-MERCHANT
    • Email
Re: Globby paint
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2008, 01:58:12 AM »
use your blood instead it goes great on models     lolz  ;D
www.Fire-merchant.webs.com

"Friendship is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it, But only you can feel the true warmth"

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 12, 2008, 01:59:52 AM »
Adding a little water should do the trick.
beep bop boop

Theory

• Email
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2008, 01:14:17 PM »
how much water should I use for one paint pot?

Imp

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • ImpsCorner.com
    • Imp's Corner
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2008, 03:46:56 PM »
best way to go is little by little... add some water mix it.. see how it comes out.... Repeat till ya find the right texture ya need
Children yet, the tale to hear, Eager eye and willing ear, Lovingly shall nestle near.  In a Wonderland they lie, Dreaming as the days go by, Dreaming as the summers die: Ever drifting down the stream --Lingering in the golden gleam --Life, what is it but a dream?

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2008, 08:21:57 PM »
Yeah, just to repeat what everyone else has said, add water to it. Enough so that it's of the same consistency as any "normal" paint. And either way you should water down your paints when you paint. Meaning "normal out of the pot paint" + water. Since you'll probably ask, 4or5 : 1 paint to water. It gives you a much more even base coat, although it takes a few more coats than normal.

Theory

• Email
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2008, 09:23:49 PM »
ive found that painting with water makes it uneven sometimes. I perfer to get little bits of paint on my brush, just enough to paint the area I want to paint.

ghost03

• Heroic Tier Level 5
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2008, 11:13:53 PM »
Thats cause you're either using too much water or not putting enough coats of paint onto the area that you're trying to cover. Do whatever you like i'm just trying to help.