Author Topic: AVAST!! shae pirate tier list  (Read 1868 times)

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
  • Our beavers are better than you beavers
    • Email
AVAST!! shae pirate tier list
« on: October 03, 2011, 10:37:26 PM »
so i am running shae's "pirate life" tier list, and this is what i have been doing so far. As of now, i have only lost once or twice, and that was due to my enemy being clever and sniping my solos, and the fact that i tried to alpha strike too early. There is no reason not to take shae's full tier list as you get a point off for every solo, and there is no reason not to take all 5 of the available solos, so i almost always do. Here is the list at 35 points and 50 points.

Shae
freebooter-6
freebooter-6
buccaneer-3
hawk-2(1)
dirty meg-2(1)
bosun grogspar-2(1)
rock bottom-2(1)
killingsworth-2(1)
commodore cannon-4
10x press gangers-6
6x press gangers-4
6x seadog cremmen-5
mr. walls-2

basically, this is a typical alpha strike, with shae's feat, coup de main (+2 movement, and charge for free), the turbos on the free booters, and mr. walls mini feat, this army can close a really great gap into combat.

at 50 points, i basically added more pirates, and a mariner for some additional fire support.

Shae
freebooter-6
freebooter-6
buccaneer-3
mariner-8
hawk-2(1)
dirty meg-2(1)
bosun grogspar-2(1)
rock bottom-2(1)
killingsworth-2(1)
commodore cannon-4
10x press gangers-6
10x press gangers-6
6x seadog cremmen-5
mr. walls-2
6x seadog crewmen

so, any comments and critiques?
Tau theme song, "jump around"

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
Re: AVAST!! shae pirate tier list
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2011, 11:00:49 PM »
I like the theme, but really hate the freebooters. They don't really help your army deal with its primary problem: armor. You'd probably be better served with Nomads or, if you can find the points, Manglers.

Is Meg marshaling anything? Why no Aiyana and Holt? They're pretty much required if you want to take out anything arm 19 or higher.
beep bop boop

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2011, 11:25:09 PM »
first of all thanks for the curt reply. But but but i love my big daddy i mean freebooters  :'(. The point behind the free booter is that is works well with shae. The freebooters are fast, and they can go even faster. This is crucial because it allows me to pull off the alpha strike. second, trash is awesome. like really awesome. typically one freebooter teams up with the buccaneer and goes after something big like a khador jack, and the other goes after something the commodore knocks over. by the way, meg marshals the buccaneer because he needs to keep all the focus he can get. Also, i have fallen in love with throwing the commodore cannon. throw it into range of an enemy warjack, buff it with mr. walls, and suddenly you have an effective rat 12 with an effective power of 22. i once killed 5 bastions who were all neatly lined up this way, i threw it at one of my priates from the back, killed the poor sob, ran up the commodore's crew, and then hit all 5 of them with pow22 hits. Finally there is the chain attack. I love this one for beating the crap out of the enemy, usually rolling 4 dice, and then throwing him for the other freebooter the repeat the trick, and then finally throwing what is left to be pow20'd by the commodore. i know they are glass cannons, but to me, everything in this game is, so no real loss there.

ps. i know i sound like a clod posting a list and then shooting down you comment, but i am thinking about it. right now i am still quite fond of my freebooters, but i will try out two nomads sometime in the future, which would probably also involve getting rid of the buccaneer as well, as he really only serves a purpose along side the freebooters. Thanks again!  

pps script. holt and whats her face, ehhhh, never really saw the appeal in them, i dont even really remember what they do. just read the card again. i guess her touch spell is nice, but with mastery level 8, that is pretty unreliable for me. also, when i am confronted with something like a khador heacy, usually they are slow, and i can just keep slamming them backwards with the cannon. i know thats hardly a fool proof plan, bu i just can think of anything in either list i would want to give up for them, 4 points for 2 models, yeash.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2011, 11:33:58 PM by canadianone »

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2011, 11:49:22 PM »
No worries. Play with the models you like. Glad its been working for you. I could never get my pirates to be reliable enough for me to consistently use them.
beep bop boop

canadianone

• Paragon Tier Level 17
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2011, 12:05:53 AM »
I love the little guys, when they are around the solos they become monsters, tough on a 4+, dont get knocked down, fearless, and an additional damage die on damage rolls against warrior models. They go from being pretty meh, to crazed, drunk lunatics with ridiculous stats. Ill have to try to get in a game with you at some point, are you a khador person?

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2011, 12:06:54 AM »
Yes.
beep bop boop

Ed

• Epic Tier Level 27