Author Topic: 360 or PS3?  (Read 3812 times)

Grand Master Steve

Re: 360 or PS3?
« Reply #15 on: May 18, 2009, 09:06:02 PM »
When picking a system of current generation, I went with the one that has titles I would play and enjoy. For me this was a Wii and 360. Wii has all of the Nintendo titles behind it, and 360 has a lot of great games, some no one has heard of. Also most companies publish games for both systems. So in the end I got a 360.

Captain Bryan!

• Paragon Tier Level 15
  • https://www.facebook.com/CaptainBryanCosplay
    • Captain Bryan Cosplay
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 18, 2009, 09:58:40 PM »
I would say 360 because it is cheaper and has a better online feature(in my opinion). And, if you still want a PS3, you could just get a PSP instead. The PSP 9/10 as good as a PS3. everything for the PSP is half as expensive than PS3 stuff. the PSP system only costs $160 ($200 if you get a spcial bundle pack). the PSP games are only $15-$20 and the movies are $5-$10. and you could take it anywhere. the battery charge lasts about 5-7 hours. i have a PSP, and all i need is Burnouttm (and a charger) and i could be all set for days.  
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 10:00:32 PM by Bryan »

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2009, 11:40:06 PM »
I had a tough choice with this generation of games.  I still love playing Atari 2600 (for me, very few things beat Pong), of course my PC, NES, N64, and my PS2 (I think this is one of the best video game platforms in our lifetime to date).

I have a Wii that I received as a gift.  I really enjoy it but I am not a fan of most games for it.  Some games excel with its unique play format.  Wii Sports, Mario Kart, and...damn the Operation Game that I play at Steve D's that I can never remember the name of.  They work very well with it.  Other games just port into Wii but do not maximize (or incorrectly maximize) the Wii playability features.

I have a hard time adapting to shooting games on the Wii and games that require use of the "Classic Controller."  I'd rather play those on PS2 or PC but the Wii does have some major strengths.

As an aside, I think XBox Live is a waste requiring added expenses (like a wi-fi converter/signal box thing really needs to be that much...just allow it to connect to one's home network wireless with integrated wi-fi, which MSFT could do with a nice deal to themselves or Linksys or something).
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2009, 07:00:46 PM »
that was the one rather obnoxious thing about my 360. I got it as a gift and to go wireless it says "oh that will be another $100 please" Not to mention to go online is a subscription. I still perfer a system with games I enjoy over a system with games I dont.