Author Topic: Does anyone work in roofing/know somebody who does?  (Read 1207 times)

Rob S

• God
    • Facebook
    • Email
Does anyone work in roofing/know somebody who does?
« on: October 31, 2012, 12:04:54 AM »
Hey guys,

So the roof of my mom and I's house is in bad condition.  We've reshingled a lot of the roof we can get to, but there is both the main part of the roof which really calls for a professional, along with just examining the true state of it.  After the hurricane, she noticed a fairly major leak coming from the main part of the roof.  Right now she's trying to find someone who can do the job of examining the roof and reshingling it to get it up to a reasonable state.

Any honest roofers on here or anybody have any recommendations?  This is the Quincy area, by the way.

Love,
Rob
It's the throwing phase now.

i was on the receiving end on occasion

Rofel

• Heroic Tier Level 3
    • Email
Re: Does anyone work in roofing/know somebody who does?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 10:03:07 AM »
If you still need the shingling done I can ask my coworkers for recommendations. I work in construction but more focused on medium to large scale commercial projects. I'm betting my coworkers have some connections with residential roofers for the Quincy area.

My 2 cents would be to make sure you get a contract/warranty on the roof and be sure the roofer is licensed. My father got burned when he replaced his roof and used a roofer that was recommended by a friend, but didn't get a warranty. It's been 3 years since the install and there are several leaks. He has little leverage besides the invoice get the roofer to fix them and the statute of limitations is 5 years on things like that.