Author Topic: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup  (Read 38347 times)

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
Re: BloodBowl League in Abington - The DeathCup
« Reply #180 on: January 27, 2013, 07:55:31 PM »
I can be around for a few games on Thursday, after I get out of work at 5.

joebear

• Email
« Reply #181 on: January 28, 2013, 12:57:04 PM »
Sunday was a disappointing day for the Whitepeak Warpdivers. No, they didn't lose any games. No, they didn't lose any important players. They simply couldn't get a game! I think we should have free Star Players for Week 7 to try to start the second half of the season with some energy (idea stolen from FUMBBL). Maybe we could do something like each coach has a Star Player that represents them, their team, their coaching style, or whatever, and at the beginning of the match each team randomly chooses one of these special "coach" star players.

I think I'd like to be something like 8237 Dodge, Stunty, Right Stuff, Foul Appearance, Big Hand, Extra Arms, Two Heads, Tentacles. That would be some silliness.

We don't have to implement this specific idea, but I would really like to try a special week to start the second half of the season. It was a bit disappointing going all the way out there on Sunday and not getting a game.

The good news is I got to kick some ass as superman in the DC Universe deck building game! Also, I rode my bike there and back from Braintree! Although I often felt like I was going to die and my butt was feeling pretty weird by the end of the day, I got the best sleep I've had in weeks.

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #182 on: January 28, 2013, 08:31:39 PM »
So, yeah. Sundays are pretty much completely devoid of players. Is there a better day/night to get games in?

I'm trying Thursdays and Saturday afternoons...
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: January 29, 2013, 02:10:35 PM »
I have a pretty slow physics week, so I'm actually free today. Anyone around for a game?
beep bop boop

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #184 on: January 30, 2013, 06:35:14 PM »
ATTENTION! ATTENTION! ATTENTION!
There has been a rescent epidemic of Squigs on the loose. We at the Deathcup Foundation are attempting to intercept any wandering squigs before they become a menance to the pitch. So far we have been successfull but they are increasing in number. We have informed the refs of this problem and they are inspecting the balls before each match to ensure that it is an actual ball and not a Squig. This is to notify the various coaches that the Deathcup Foundation has taken this incident seriously and has the best intentions for the various teams in the League.

The Commisioner

SQIUG BALL!

For Week 7 of the League all balls on the pitch will be Squig Balls.

The following rules will be in effect for Week 7 of the Deathcup League:

1. If the Squig Ball is on the Ground: At the beginning of each Team’s turn, before anyone takes an action, a Squig Ball on the ground will move d6 squares in a random direction. (use the scatter template) The Squig Ball does not need to dodge to move through tackle zones.

2. If the Squig Ball is held by a player: At the beginning of that Team’s Turn (not the opposing teams turn), before anyone takes an action, roll a d6 (this cannot be re-rolled) On a roll of 1, the Squig has squirmed free and will move as above starting from the players square. This does not cause a Turn Over.

3. If the Ball Squig’s movement carries it into a players square: The Squig throws a ST:0 Blitz with the Dauntless & Juggernaut Skills. Neither team may lend their assists. The Squig ball will never follow up and will end its movement in the square where it threw the block (regardless of any surplus MA). The Squig can never be knocked down, injured, K/O’d nor stunned. Players knocked down in this fashion will not cause a turn over. The target players opponent always rolls the appropriate dice decides where to push the player if applicable.

4. If the Squig Ball’s movement carries it into the crowd: they will throw it back as usual. It will bounce and then end it’s movement where it lands (regardless of any surplus MA).

5. The Squig Ball is Hard to handle: All GFI Rolls (while holdong the ball) and agility based actions involving the ball suffer a –1 penalty. This includes GFI, Pick Up, Catch, Pass, Intercept and Landing (if holding the ball), but not Dodge rolls.

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: January 31, 2013, 12:35:57 AM »
is this current week 7 or is this week 6
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #186 on: January 31, 2013, 01:48:56 AM »
Currently Week 6

Week 7 starts on 02/03/13

joebear

• Email
« Reply #187 on: January 31, 2013, 12:24:32 PM »
Yes! So pumped for squig ball!

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: February 01, 2013, 05:44:56 AM »
my poor poor passing game
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
« Reply #189 on: February 01, 2013, 09:11:18 AM »
Damnit, Orc's even more of a problem picking up the ball, on the bright side if its a squig maybe it'll be easier :)

I think you should be allowed to "Block" the ball, Skull, squig smacks you, arrow, it runs away a square, anything else = pick up :)

But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Skarsnik123

• Heroic Tier Level 1
  • I think thats how that rule works
« Reply #190 on: February 01, 2013, 06:50:45 PM »
Can't i just bite the damn things to keep em still??
Count Boris' minions disapprove.  There will be riots in Slyvania this week as a result.

nick_nameless

• Email
« Reply #191 on: February 03, 2013, 09:49:10 AM »
Next time you folks are running a Blood Bowl League, Abington or Plainville, let us know here.  You might lure in a few players, and more to the point the borders in the local Blood Bowl community might start becoming a little more fluid.

Most of the DorkaMorka folks are north of Boston, but a few of us are on the south side.

Also, if Blood Bowl is going to become more of a part of the Battleground fabric then I highly recommend setting up the OBBLM software for team and league management.  Ours is here if you want to check it out.  It works really well and the development work is ongoing.

I am among those that missed the tourney due to work yesterday, but I do hope to make the rescheduled event and meet some of you folks.  Feel free to do the same as we gather in Watertown on Thursday nights at the Fraternal Order of the Eagles.

joebear

• Email
« Reply #192 on: February 04, 2013, 12:51:48 AM »
Hey All!

Will anybody be around on Tuesday for some squig ball? I'm looking to get there at around 2-3 in the afternoon and play a couple of games. (Time dependent on feedback. I won't be there if nobody responds on the forum.)

I will potentially start a new job on Wednesday, so it may be my last day of funemployment. I want to celebrate it the right way. See you soon, hopefully!

Thomas callahan

• Order
  • Heroic Tier Level 9
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: February 04, 2013, 03:09:49 AM »
sorry joe, i dont get out till 8 tuesday
Blood bowl W14-L14-T1
40K 0-0
Hords 2-1

Lykosan

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #194 on: February 05, 2013, 12:46:43 AM »
I wouldn't be able to get there til late at night myself joe, sorry man.