Author Topic: Looking for a group to join :)  (Read 4707 times)

Jemandtheholograms

• Email
Looking for a group to join :)
« on: December 27, 2012, 02:55:38 PM »
Hi My name is Mary, Im a newbie I have all ways wanted to play D&D but I haven't been able to find a group. I've never played before but I've sat in a couple of times. I would really like to find a nice group to join. If anyone knows anyway I could join a group or other avenues to take to begin my new journey as a New Enthusiastic Gamer :) Thank You :) 

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
Re: Looking for a group to join :)
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2012, 11:12:53 PM »
Mary,

I am planning on rekindling something called D&D Encounters, which I spoke to you briefly about this evening when you came in to buy dice (12/28/12).  I will keep you posted on a starting date for D&D Encounters after we move the store this coming weekend (12/30-12/31).

Another RPG that is incredibly popular lately, and is very similar to D&D is called Pathfinder. I am planning to start up something called Pathfinder Society which will be running each Sunday afternoon starting at 4pm. If you'd like more information on this, I'd be happy to give it if you're interested.
A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles

King of the Elves

« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2012, 01:06:26 AM »
I am planning to start up something called Pathfinder Society which will be running each Sunday afternoon starting at 4pm. If you'd like more information on this, I'd be happy to give it if you're interested.

Cale, you better be serious about this. A RPG group on Sunday afternoons, that is a gift from god in my book.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2012, 05:19:10 PM »
What is THIS? A female in the store interested in gaming?  :o Quickly! Neckbeards form left flank. Rules Laywers form right. Creepers form the Vanguard!!  We cannot have this!  :P All joking aside. Welcome!
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Jemandtheholograms

• Email
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2012, 05:42:54 PM »
Lol thank you :)  I can't wait I'm so super excited :) Sunday would work for me thank you so much for keeping me posted :)

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2013, 03:01:25 AM »
It's looking like Pathfinder Society will run from 3pm-7pm each Sunday afternoon.

I'm shooting for a January 20th start date, I'll keep you folks posted in case anything changes.
A small stone may make a ripple at first, but someday it will be a wave. - Wiegraf Folles

Demonster

• Heroic Tier Level 3
  • So what're we playing today?
« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »
3pm-7pm each Sunday afternoon.
And this is why I think Cale hates me sometimes. It's good timing since there is nothing else going on the store on Sundays - it's also the day I'm guaranteed work. :(
I got a 1!....That's a good thing, right?

As quoted: Moonie, "What would you do for a Klondike Bar?" Cale, "I would make love to a camel. But it would have to be a mint chocolate chip one."

King of the Elves

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2013, 12:42:49 AM »
It's looking like Pathfinder Society will run from 3pm-7pm each Sunday afternoon.

I'm shooting for a January 20th start date, I'll keep you folks posted in case anything changes.

Fantastic! So pumped!

Grand Master Steve

« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2013, 02:53:43 PM »
I wish i had sundays free i havent been able to play in a long time :(

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2013, 01:01:59 AM »
Due to a massive Magic the Gathering Release event scheduled for the weekend of January 25-27th, I think it best to delay the start of Pathfinder Society to a start date of Sunday, February 10th. 

These type of Magic the Gathering events happen once every 3 or 4 months.  We are expecting between 90-100 players for this event, and rather than start January 20th, then be forced to cancel the following week, it makes more practical sense to start February 10th.

Sorry for the push back in the starting date folks, I know many players are eager to roll some dice :)

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2013, 02:17:11 AM »
ferking magic players. I thought the new store was supposed to "elimiate the space issue"  >:(
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

King of the Elves

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2013, 08:47:50 PM »
ferking magic players. I thought the new store was supposed to "elimiate the space issue"  >:(

I think it's more of a noise issue, magic players are loud.

Cale

• Global Moderator
  • Nothing is ever easy
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2013, 12:36:09 AM »
There could be 100+ magic players for that weekend, sorry folks.

KingElthur

• Heroic Tier Level 8
    • The Gate Stormers
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2013, 02:12:15 AM »
We can always throw things at them until the shut up. Also, I'm in for the game if there is still room.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2013, 02:13:31 AM »
There could be 100+ magic players for that weekend, sorry folks.
I have strong opinions about this but thread-jacking is not the place to do it
Thank you for this Chase