Author Topic: Teresa J. Coyle Memorial Slaughter (Arena Tournament)  (Read 2229 times)

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
Teresa J. Coyle Memorial Slaughter (Arena Tournament)
« on: February 07, 2009, 08:45:03 PM »
On Saturday, February 21st at 12 PM, Battleground will honor the passing of "Tez" Coyle, a good friend and regular face at the store, by hosting the Teresa J. Coyle Memorial Slaughter. Tez was a long-time gamer and had been playing D&D since its first edition. Tez's husband has donated $255.00 to be distributed as store credit among the winners of the event! Each entering team must consist of five players and entrees must be made as a full team - not as individuals. There is no entry fee for this event.

Event Details:

• Players must sign up as a team, not individuals.  A team will consist of 5 players, each player must play a different class.
  • Resources available include the Players Handbook, Martial Power, Adventurer's Vault, and the Dragon magazine Classes that are "complete" on the DDI Character Creator.  (Currently I think it's just the Barbarian and the Invoker?)
  • World specific sources like the Forgotten Realms stuff will not be allowed.
  • Characters should be level 4 and created using a standard point buy.
  • You may choose 1 magic "weapon" up to your level (4) or below AND 1 magic armor of your level or below.
  • Fights will be to the death.  When your entire team is killed your team is eliminated.  If you advance your fallen teammates will be revived.
  • You will fight one other team each round.
  • Your powers and action points will refresh each round of the tournament.  Each round is said to take place on its own day for purposes of powers and magic items.
  • The battles will take place inside one room of a dungeon, not in a clear, open arena.  Expect "things" to happen.  I can provide no further details on the room at this time.
  • There is no entry fee for this event.

Please ask any and all questions here.

If you have a team together please make one post with the names of all players.

-Chase
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

DrhankPhD

• Email
Re: Teresa J. Coyle Memorial Slaughter (Arena Tournament)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2009, 07:00:09 PM »
wow this sounds like it will be a really good time.

i would definitely be interested if someone would like to make a team or needs another person for theirs :D

Unit04

• Heroic Tier Level 6
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2009, 10:38:32 AM »
I'm already mad at not being able to go to this.

>:(

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2009, 09:09:24 PM »
If you are interested and do not have a group please post here also.  It seems like theres at least a couple of people out there in groups of 1 or 2 that I would love to see getting the chance to play.

-Chase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2009, 07:34:18 PM »
wow this sounds like it will be a really good time.

i would definitely be interested if someone would like to make a team or needs another person for theirs :D

There's at least 1 other person on the board looking for interested people.  I think his forum name is THEgeek or something.  It might be worth while to send him a private message about it.

Also guys, theres still plenty of time to get a group together for the event.  If theres anyone out there looking for a group it's probably a good idea to post here.

It's also possible to assemble a group the morning of the event.  It's obviously a risk... but coming down to the store with a couple 4th level characters and looking for a few other guys to hop in with might work.  Worst comes to worst and you end up watching what is likely to be a pretty cool event.

jesterofthedark

• God
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2009, 09:51:05 PM »
Man I hope you check this before tomorrow.

Are you guys allowing the feats out of the dragon magazine articles also?????

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 02:31:36 AM »
The original rules didn't take feats into account, so let's just stick with the literal translation and say "no Dragon mag feats."

I think Derek intended for the entire DDI Character generator to be available but I found out about that after I posted the rules :(.

Hope this helps.