Author Topic: 500 points event?  (Read 2887 times)

Achillius

• Epic Tier Level 26
Re: 500 points event?
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2013, 09:08:29 AM »
Dave,
      I'm all in with what you've just said, but I think a Thursday or Saturday would give a much better attendance. There's a prescedence for Thursday night Mini's in Abington, and even Saturday afternoons.

Of course with blood bowl going on right now I'm not sure of what conflicts we'll run into..

Cheers,
Alan
But the universe is a big place and, whatever happens, you will not be missed...

"When Ghandi advocated his philosophy of none violence, I bet he didn't know how much fun it was killing stuff!" (Raj, The big bang theory)

Chaosconsumesus

• Heroic Tier Level 2
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2013, 10:43:08 AM »
Hey guys for 500pts there are a few resources you could use to help with restrictions and so on and so fourth like the Border Princes patrol rules they had out I have them in pdf and the old warbands rules I have as well but printed I have played quite a few games with both sets they are very fun and don't seem to tips the scales for many armies to be OP or super weakened
I play
WHFB- Dwarves
WH40K- Tyranids
Bolt Action- US Paratroopers
Super Dungeon Explore

JaredB

• Heroic Tier Level 10
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
I think Sundays are the best day for this. It sounds like Dave wants this to be an all day thing. Doing that during the week won't get as many people as a Sunday due to people having to work. I could make it on the weekends though not every week and randomly throughout the week, Mondays being the best for me.
I'm trying to get back into fantasy so this would be a great way to make that happen and I cant wait to start playing again

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2013, 10:34:58 PM »
I'll have to put something together.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

King of the Elves

« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2013, 11:33:15 PM »
I'll have to put something together.

Do it in Abington, Abington needs some WHFB love.

The_Chef

• Epic Tier Level 21
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2013, 04:06:14 AM »
Damnit. Tuesday meant that I was likely able to actually show up for something for a change. All this weekend stuff more or less ensures I wont be able to come   >:(
I do have a problem with Vulcan twin-linking every non-UltraMarine whatever-gun on the table.
Thank you for this Chase

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2013, 04:17:07 AM »
The event would be held on a Sunday, seeing as how it's historically been the best day for the WHFB community.

There's a TON of stuff on my plate right now.  Sadly, seeing this happen before April is unlikely.

It would run at 750 points.
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel