Author Topic: [BLOOD BOWL] Freak Frenzy 2! (3/9/2013)  (Read 6961 times)

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
[BLOOD BOWL] Freak Frenzy 2! (3/9/2013)
« on: February 06, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »
FREAK FRENZY BLOOD BOWL TOURNAMENT

WHERE AND WHEN
Saturday, 09 March 2013 at Battleground Games and Hobbies
1423 Bedford St. (Rte 18) Abington MA 02351

SCHEDULE
10:00 - 11:00 -    Registration
11:00 - 1:00 -    Round 1
1:00 - 2:00 -    Lunch / Appearance Scoring / Round 2 Pairing and setup
2:00 - 4:00 -    Round 2
4:00 - 4:30 -    Round 3 pairing and setup
4:30 - 6:30 -    Round 3
6:30 - 7:00 -    Round 3 wrap-up / Scoring / Awards

REGISTRATION - Please send us an email with your name, Team Name, Team Type, and roster (including possible mutations (see below) to freakfrenzytournament@gmail.com. Please also let us know whether you can supply your own pitch and templates.

COST - $10 entry fee. If you are able to bring your own Pitch and Templates, the cost is $5.

EVERY PLAYER MUST BRING
-   Your Blood Bowl Team (Does not need to be painted, but does affect scoring (see below)
-   3 GW or NAF Blood Bowl Dice, 2D6, 1D8
-   Four copies of your Team Roster (one for staff, one for each opponent)

TEAM BUILDING
We use the CRP / LRB6 Ruleset:
http://zlurpcast.com/JP/CRaP-LRB6.pdf
We also allow the NAF-approved Teams:
http://zlurpcast.com/JP/NewTeamsLRB6.pdf

- You have 1,100,000 gold to build your team. You may purchase players, rerolls, fan factor, coaches, apothecaries, and cheerleaders as normal. Players may also purchase inducements at their normal cost.
- Wizards, Journeymen, Special Play Cards, and Mercenaries are NOT allowed.
- If you are including a Star Player on your roster, you must have 11 players on your team BEFORE hiring the Star Player. Having 10 players and a Star Player is NOT allowed.
- You may also choose to spend some of your gold on advancements for players of your choice:
   - Skills normally available to that player type cost 20K
   - Skills requiring a doubles roll cost 30K
   - An upgrade of +1 Movement costs 30K
   - An upgrade of +1 Armor costs 30K
   - Strength and Agility upgrades are not allowed
   - No player may have more than one of the above upgrades (stat upgrade OR skill)
   - No skill or stat upgrade may be taken more than twice TOTAL by your team.

RULES OF PLAY
- APOTHECARIES automatically work in this tournament. They have three uses; either keep a KO'd player on the pitch as stunned, automatically bring a KO'd player back without rolling between drives, and to put a Casualty into the Reserves Box without rolling the result of the casualty. Apothecaries are still a one-use asset, so choose wisely! Undead, Nurgle, and Necromantic teams who have successfully 'Raised Dead' on a killed opposing player may only use the extra zombie for the remainder of that round; you don't keep him for the rest of the tournament!
- This is a RESURRECTION TOURNAMENT; all injuries and casualties reset for each round
- STAR PLAYERS - You cannot have the same Star Player on the pitch as your opponent. If two players both try to field the same Star Player (unless one player concedes use to the other player) then neither player gets to use that Star Player for that round. You cannot use Igors or Apothecaries on Star Players.
- ILLEGAL PROCEDURE will not be enforced in this tournament, although abuse of this state of play is likely to negatively affect your Sportsmanship Score (see below)
- SWISS PAIRINGS for round two and three will be determined by strength of schedule, but tie-breakers will be determined by Block Casualties and Touchdowns, so be sure to note them on your PGS sheet. (see below)
- TWO-HOUR TIME LIMITS on all rounds will be strictly enforced. This is a ‘dice-down’ time call at the end of the two hours. Warnings will be called at thirty minutes, ten minutes, and two minutes.
- There is NO OVERTIME played. If the second half ends in a draw, then it's a draw.
- You are required to SHARE DICE with your opponent. Each player should bring their own set of dice, but at the beginning of the game decide (or roll off) to determine which player’s dice will be used. The other player’s dice will be put aside and not used for the game.

CHAOTIC THIRD ROUND
The carnage of the first two rounds has attracted the attention of the Chaos Gods! They have decided to spice things up a bit. They choose a player with delusions of grandeur and grant them the Gift of Mutation.
As part of your starting roster, choose up to two of your players under the following guidelines:
- The player must be a Lineman-type player (0-12 or 0-16)
- The player must NOT have received an additional skill or stat increase as part of your roster
For each of these players choose TWO skills from the mutations skill list and note them on your roster sheet, on the far right of the skill section. These mutation skills will not be used in the first two rounds of the tournament. Before the third round begins (after finding out who you are playing against) you choose which of the two mutations for both of your players will be used. Cross the mutations you're not using off the roster sheet. These mutations do not need to be modeled onto the figure.
Example: I choose two Linemen in my Dark Elf team. One will get either two heads or horns. The other will get either extra arm or claws. In round three I find out I'm up against a Chaos team; I'll need all the bashy help I can get! My first player gets horns and the other player gets claws.

SCORING
After each round you will fill out a Post-Game Show (PGS) sheet that award the game points to the opponent:
A WIN is worth 60 points
A DRAW is worth 30 points
A LOSS is worth 10 points

Also on this PGS sheet will be the Sportsmanship scoring for each round.

Part of your Tournament Packet is a Post-Tournament Show (PTS) sheet. This will have each player vote for other players on Appearance, Sportsmanship, and best Stunty team (see below). You do not have to have played anyone you vote for best Stunty Team or Best Appearance, but you can only vote for someone you played to determine best Sportsman.

There are 200 POINTS possible under this tournament system (60 for each round, 10 for Appearance, 9 total for Sportsmanship, 1 for receiving any number of votes on the PTS sheet)

AWARDS
There are TEN awards given out for this tournament. They are:
FREAK FRENZY 2013 CHAMPION - The player with the highest score throughout the tournament
SECOND PLACE - The player with the second-highest score throughout the tournament
THIRD PLACE - The player with the third-highest score throughout the tournament
BEST DEFENSE - The team that allowed the fewest TDs
BEST OFFENSE - The team that scored the most TDs
MOST BRUTAL - The team that inflicted the most Block Casualties
STUNTY CUP - The Stunty Team with the highest tournament points and number of votes from PTS sheets
(Halfling, Goblin, Ogre, Lizardmen without Saurus, Underworld without Skaven - including Star Players)
BEST APPEARANCE - Highest scores on Appearance sheet plus the number of votes from PTS sheets
BEST SPORTSMAN - Highest score from Sportsman portion of PGS sheet plus number of votes from PTS sheets
BLOODY BUCKET - Coach that finished with the lowest tournament points

Please note that a player may only win one award. If they are in line to win more than one award, they will be asked which one they want and the next coach in line will be given the other award. TOs reserve the right to adjust the awards. The Bloody Bucket winner must have played in all three rounds.

APPEARANCE SCORE
This score is given after the first round, where players will lay out their team and receive a score during the lunch break. There is a scorecard later in this packet that will be used.
NOTE: If you have additional figures that are not on your roster but you feel will help your appearance score, you are allowed to use them for the purposes of this Appearance Score only. The highest score is TEN.

- All of the positions on the team are clearly discernible by model type.
- Each figure is clearly marked with a number that corresponds to a matching number on your Roster
- All figures are painted to a three-color minimum, with no bare plastic/metal/resin/primer showing.
- Each figure's base is painted, flocked, and/or textured.
- All Sideline Staff is present and painted to the above three-color standard, including Head Coach.
- The team features a Display board that matches the bases of the team.
- The team features cool conversions and figure substitutions, so long as they're still discernible by position
- The team features extra visual touches like custom counters, a dedicated pitch matching the team aesthetic, extra details for the team uniforms, modeled mutations, and so on
- This team is, in the Tournament Staff’s opinion, among the Top Five in the tournament for Team Appearance
- This team is, in the Tournament Staff’s opinion, among the Top Two in the tournament for Team Appearance

SPORTSMANSHIP SCORE
This is scored by your opponent after each round using the sportsmanship section of each After-Game Sheet. Up to THREE points are possible each round, for a total of NINE points total for the tournament.  This is not a rubric like the appearance score; please use your best judgment. Please also do not give an opponent an unduly low (or high) score. Any player who receives a score of ZERO in both the first and second round will be looked into; those who supplied the score will be asked to justify it, and the player will be given a verbal warning. A player who receives a ZERO in all three rounds will not be eligible for any prizes.

0 – One of the worst games of Blood Bowl in recent memory. Intentional Delays, general bad feelings at the table, constantly arguing over rules, deliberately confusing team figures…An absolutely terrible time. I would work very hard to make sure I never play this opponent again.
1 – Not a particularly fun game. I had to remind my opponent multiple times on basic rules and etiquette like turning players around and moving counters, and there were more arguments than there should have been.
2 – This game was fine. An enjoyable game in a competitive atmosphere. Any disputes that came up were handled and resolved well, and I would not have any problem playing my opponent again.
3 – One of the best games I’ve ever played. My opponent went out of his/her way to make the game enjoyable and memorable.

Questions? Comments? Email us at freakfrenzytournament@gmail.com
beep bop boop

nick_nameless

• Email
Re: [BLOOD BOWL] Freak Frenzy 2! (3/9/2013)
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2013, 05:46:30 PM »
Looking forward to this.

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2013, 11:17:15 PM »
The Waldenhof Deadskins will be there, looking to make a few new zombies.
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2013, 04:53:13 PM »
A little over two weeks away. This is going to be awesome! Anyone brave enough to go stunty?
beep bop boop

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2013, 01:14:51 PM »
Finally got my final Bull Centaur from Greebo in the mail yesterday. Between my Chaos Dwarfs and Necromantics, I have no idea what I'll be bringing now!
beep bop boop

Moosifer

• Paragon Tier Level 11
  • Egotistical Co-Conspirator
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2013, 08:25:32 PM »
Bump for Great Justice.  I just started playing but the New Orkland WAAAAGHriots are ready to crush some skullz!

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 01:54:18 AM »
Going with the big hats. Hopefully I get them painted in time!
beep bop boop

Chase

• Global Moderator
  • God
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2013, 11:58:41 PM »
It would be really sweet if all the league guys came out for this. 
"In the absence of orders, go find something and kill it."
- Field Marshal Erwin Rommel

joebear

• Email
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2013, 01:36:50 PM »
No work on Saturday, so the Whitepeak Warpdivers will be there. It's high time I finish painting these buggers. Get ready for the mutated gobbos!

nick_nameless

• Email
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2013, 02:05:31 PM »
I won't know until Friday if I have to work, but if not I am looking forward to a fun day of watching my Thro-Ras bumble around while the ball slips through their fingers again and again.  :D

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2013, 04:44:25 PM »
This is going to be incredible.
beep bop boop

SmokinBoots

• ~Adam T
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 04:50:49 PM »
Anyone brave enough to go stunty?
I'm actually really tempted to show up with an All-Snotling team (and I do mean ALL) with a boat-load of bought Skills instead of being naturally useful.  I have a number of little Snots I could convert into Blood Bowl style before the weekend, and maybe even paint/flock them.  Unfortunately, I don't actually have the Block Dice, so I don't think I'm actually allowed to join.  Oh well--I'm pretty sure I have a previous commitment anyways.
"And the Smokin' Boots Award for most traitorous dice goes to..."

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2013, 05:12:58 PM »
No block dice? No problem! There will be plenty to borrow!
beep bop boop

nick_nameless

• Email
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2013, 02:10:44 PM »
Chance of work: 90% :/

Ian Mulligan

• God
  • Egotistical Powergamer
    • Mutants and Shit
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2013, 02:11:39 PM »
:(
beep bop boop