Author Topic: Living Legend of the Five Rings Game  (Read 2415 times)

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
Living Legend of the Five Rings Game
« on: February 07, 2013, 01:53:53 AM »
 Four years ago, Rokugan faced the forces of the Lying Darkness at Volturnum. With the return of the Empire’s ancestors through Oblivion’s Gate, the Shadow was defeated, though at great cost. Many of these spirits chose to remain in the mortal realm, to help Rokugan recover from the grievous wounds dealt by the Empire’s enemies during the War Against the Darkness. Emperor Toturi I, himself a returned spirit, has made every effort to reintegrate the other spirits into the modern Empire. The major conflicts over the last decade have taken their toll, and Rokugan has been long in rebuilding. But the Empire’s foes have been biding their time as well, and the reign of Toturi is not as secure as most believe…

Come join in Legend of the Five Rings fantasy of Samurai where the Code of Bushido is the law, and Honor stronger than steel.

I'm going to be running the Living campaign for Legend of the Five Rings, Heroes of Rokugan III:Spirit of Bushido, on alternating Sundays at 2pm, I'll be there around 1pm if people want to stop by earlier and draw up characters . Starting this Sunday, February 10th(though weather may make this an issue if it is then I'll start the following sunday 17th). If you interested respond here and drop by, all you need to bring is yourself(though a pencil and 10 or so d10's won't hurt if you have them) and we'll make up a character. If you have any questions ask them here or by Sending a PM.

Earl

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
  • Legendary Creature - Troll
Re: Living Legend of the Five Rings Game
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2013, 05:30:17 PM »
I've been looking into L5R for a while, love the setting and the card game, just picked up the 4th ed core rulebook.  If that is what you plan on running I am very interested.
Tiger's Den founding member

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2013, 07:20:20 PM »
That is in fact exactly what I am running. Hope to see you there

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2013, 08:22:23 PM »
Will this still be going on this sunday even with the weather conditions?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2013, 11:31:13 PM »
I'll post here if its not, snow crews should have a handle on the snow by then so I'll keep you updated, if not then the following Sunday I'll run it.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2013, 06:47:04 PM »
I'm going to wait this one out till next week, my car is buried in snow and the roads are well... white

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2013, 08:09:08 PM »
Yeah its looking like that so Next week we shall kick this off after the snow melts on monday.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2013, 07:23:45 PM »
Cool, any sort of emphasis (combat/rp) or restrictions for building a character?  If it helps, I only have the core rulebook to use.  I am new to the game, but I am reading the book a ton and should be half-way competent by this weekend.

Super excited to get to play finally!

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2013, 01:05:29 AM »
The character creation guidelines are here. That's the site for the Living Campaign. I also have books with more basic Schools in them What were you thinking of playing?

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2013, 01:53:23 AM »
I really would like to play the Order of the Spider, but I realise this could be an issue.  If it is, either a kakita duelist or Mirumoto Bushi

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #10 on: February 12, 2013, 02:10:01 AM »
The game is set before the spider clan even exists, so not so much. The Mirumoto and the Kakita are both perfectly fine.

GossWeapon

• Epic Tier Level 22
« Reply #11 on: February 12, 2013, 03:17:13 AM »
By the restricted skills, I assume that means "cannot use" right?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #12 on: February 12, 2013, 03:47:23 AM »
If you are talking on the HoR site it means you need to clear it with the people who run the campaign before hand. Or are you talking duirng character creation in the book?

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »
Just an update for those interested. I'll be running the first module of the Legend of the Five Rings living campaign at Battleground Abington, this sunday Feb 17th, well be starting around 2 pm, I'll be there at noon if you want to show up early and knock out a character of if you have questions.

Earl

• Heroic Tier Level 4
« Reply #14 on: March 28, 2013, 09:13:23 PM »
No L5R this weekend as I'll be in Maine with family.