Author Topic: E-mail Notifications Not Received  (Read 2757 times)

Jonathan

• God
  • Of what should I be God?
    • CWF Game Cast
E-mail Notifications Not Received
« on: July 07, 2008, 07:30:50 PM »
I'm set up to receive the notifications whenever a reply is made to a thread I posted in or created.  But, I never get the notifications.  Are they set up on the backend?  Do others get the notifications?  Is it just me?

One of the things I love about SMF, and most other non-yuku msg boards, is the e-mail notification.  Much easier for me, and probably everyone else, to just be e-mailed when a board or thread they like has a new post.
You game. I blog. CWF Game Cast | www.wargamingforums.com

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Battleground

• Store Owner
  • Dungeon Master
  • Epic Tier Level 25
  • DMing since 1983
    • Battleground Games & Hobbies
    • Email
Re: E-mail Notifications Not Received
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2008, 08:58:41 PM »
I believe that this feature is available to all members but you have to go into your profile and select the button that will forward messages to your supplied e-mail address.

Try going into your profile and selecting "Modify Profile > Notifications and Email. If this option is not available let me know and I'll try to get to the bottom of what's going on.

Thanks,
D.
"The final word, then, is the game." - Gary Gygax

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2008, 09:11:36 PM »
I got that set up but nothing has been coming in.  Not sure why.

"Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth."-Sherlock Holmes

Jonathan

• God
    • CWF Game Cast
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2008, 09:01:21 PM »
Don't know how this came to be but I received my first notification of a reply to a thread I posted in.  I'm gonna see if I get any more of them.  Crossing fingers and hoping that this problem is solved.

Just gotta wait and see I guess.